Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you are really gonna piss some ppls off with that post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a real smart shopper buys the coffin when they have a mattress wear out anywhere between like 75-85

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
king of mass produced hot sauce flavour is Tapatio definitely. nuanced as gently caress.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to costco tonight. my last visit was my first time and it did not go well. it was 11:00 am on a thursday, I waited for my card for 10 minutes, only to be told the printer was broken. then I tried to find some food saver bags and browse around a bit but it was so crowded I panicked and bailed. waited in line for 15 minutes to buy my plastic bags. the hotdog was good though they only had ketchup and mustard as toppings, no onions or hot peppers or anything, wtf?

anyways wish me luck, if it is that crowded again I'm gonna be sad. I'm going to buy 500 muscle relaxers, and some epsom salts, and maybe some kind of sweet potato chip my girlfriend was telling me about

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Kerry gold > tillamook imo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I work in the grocery industry in Canada. At least here there will be ground beef shortages, limited red meat shortages, but still shitloads of chicken. nobody up here eats pork.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Artonos posted:

Canada has it's own kind of bacon and you're telling me people don't even really eat it there???

obviously people eat pork in canada just not nearly to the degree it's consumed in the states. if you remove processed stuff like sausage, bacons, etc, it's under 10% of total meat sales.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
if you make pizza dough learn how to make a proper dough ball and press/stretch it properly, it will make so much difference vs rolling dough straight out of the knead

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Enos Cabell posted:

Most cookies are like 50% butter by volume, what do they use instead to make them vegan?

shortening

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
whats the deal with the kitchenaid pro 600 that's not a pro 600 at costco? is it all metal insides like the real pro?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
also I rent and my oven is old, non-convection and lovely, so my $99 air fryer turns something like oven fries from a 60 minute total (including preheat) process to 20 minutes start to finish with a better result

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
why doesnt this thread ever talk about the kirkland pralined pecans

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
shouldn't it be 'peace be unto costco' not 'praise be upon costco'

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
never spend more than 30 dollars on a nonstick pan, buy a new one every two years

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
yes cheesecake freezes well

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Where I am they neuter the dew. It’s just sugar. Otherwise this is a better choice than the global suffering inflicted by “fair trade” coffee.

MTN Dew(tm) has had caffeine in Canada for like a decade now

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The only good summer sausage is by Mennonites and you don't have to refrigerate even after it's cut. The bit that dries and forms a crust is a delicacy.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Slotducks posted:

that's just this isn' it?

no, you absolute idiot. it's 13 of those.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my favourite is a big CORN FED sticker they stick on a ton of beef here in Canada. That's less ideal!!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
protip: leave peanut butter that you have to stir upside down for a while (couple weeks ideally) before you open it, and once stirred leave upside down in the fridge.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oompa loompa doompaty keto
trump tried the diet but then he ate a cheeto

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Not even a food safety issue? Now I'm wondering why you brought back a half empty bottle instead of a totally empty one.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Weird. Why? Are they more carbonated? Or does the no/less sugar make a difference?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Grace ginger beer is way better than fever tree and way cheaper, trust me I drink a lot of gin

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

i noticed at my costco they were selling these enormous stock pots that seemed too large to fit on any stove i would ever own so i kept on going

those are for italians to put on propane burners in their garage ime

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If you sous vide some steak in your hotel room and dry it well I bet you can get some decent colour on it with the iron

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

I'm going to assume you're throwing huge sex parties with tons of hors d'oeuvres, and it's empty because the pandemic put a hold on that lifestyle.

as yes the classic whores d'ouvres lifestyle

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the best thing you can do for your potato roasting game is to use duck or goose fat. it's not as fancy as it sounds, it keeps forever in the fridge and guests think you're a potato wizard

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
might be some DIY goosefat in the parking lot

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Number one foodsaver tip, when you do the initial seal on the bottom of your bag it leaves like an inch of wasted bag after the seal. You can hit the seal button, stick it in, then pull it out quickly before the clamp goes and save yourself literally pennies worth of bag every time you use it!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
If one cannot withstand the true power of the Slice it is acceptable to temper it's strength with a napkin dab. But to deny the Slice is heresy.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
You can absolutely sous vide pork shoulder. 24 hours at 160 finished on a hit smoker grill for an hour or so to get some degree of bark ideally for pulled pork, or just broiled in oil sprayed chunks and then pulled for pork tacos

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
pro-tip on premade cannelloni, the best way to prepare them is fried a bit crispy in a nonstick, like an open ended dumpling (cause thats what they are!!)

not good for the diet though lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
these asiago cheese crisps are stupid. oh my god.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
some one take these awa y from me heklp

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i thought ten bucks was reasonable given the cheese quantity.

there was more 600 grams of these

this is the nutritional info

pray for me

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Trastion posted:

Yeah those are not crisps they are cheese crackers. I was hoping for another Low Carb choice.

Definitely not low carb but they are as much a crisp as cracker, they are mostly cheese by weight and volume, the cracker parts are just little tiny flaky butter things connected by cheese. They seem to be made by rolling up some buttery sourdough into a roll with a ton of cheese, slicing thin, baking the slices, cutting to size and baking again

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this nongshim 'tonjotsu premium ramen' is pretty bad. very bland.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

extravadanza posted:

I assume you mean 'Tonkotsu'? and actually it's extremely good. I add dried shiitake to mine.

e: this one https://snackathonfoods.com/products/nongshim-premium-tonkotsu-ramen

that's the one. very bland, tasted mostly of salt. I might be spoiled by shin black which is like getting kicked in the face by kiryu kizama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Godscock posted:

I'd like Costco just a little more if they took Visa. And by that I mean "spend more instead of tapping into savings all the time".

Canadian here, no idea what it's like in the US.

fyi you can open a free pc money account and the debit card acts as a mastercard so you can use it at costco. plus it gives you a cent on the dollar back in pc points.