Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

At Costco, haven't had a dog in a while. I have a mystery GI issue that makes me throw up if I eat too much. Like, more than a large salad.

gently caress it. PBUC

Do you smoke weed and does taking a hot shower help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

I dunno if any of you guys are into cheese or if they have it at costcos around the country but here we can get Marin French Cheese Co brie and its just fantastic and a very good price.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

luchajones posted:

reversible belts and cold meat?!? Costco is going downhill!

let me tell you, about shareholders

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Someone in the GWS whiskey thread said costco had some special whiskey so I went over, but they didn't have it.

I did get some of those korean bulgogi dumplings and a couple bottles of wine and a jar of marcona almonds though, and a slice of pizza for lunch, so not a total loss.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

I've pondered getting a pressure cooker for years, I still haven't run into anything where I have needed one.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

The shareholders haven't gotten to the costco nearest me yet, they still had the onion dispenser that the shareholders militantly oppose.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

The bags of vacuum sealed kirkland cod are really good. Same with the halibut for something fancy. They even have chilean sea bass.

If you've got a sous vide thing, do them with some lemon zest and butter, absolutely fantastic.

But yeah the trident? or something battered cod are good too.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Lol at anyone who goes to Wal-mart's knockoff of costco

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

*calls someone sheltered*
*lives in one of 3 states where that type of food is legally allowed to exist*

If the law sheltered you from that food then you'd be sheltered wouldn't you?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

That makes me so happy. The employee could NOT have given less of a poo poo. We are approaching singularity-levels of not giving a poo poo.

Which is actually kind of rare at Costco.

The employee was following the directive from shareholders

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

A lot of people sell pizza and hotdogs and household goods and roasted chickens. Costco just does it better and cheaper.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Every time I go I tell them I donít use self checkout because I prefer people to have jobs and they thank me and then I go check out with my man Jerome.

Whoa a real life job creator!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

therobit posted:

The only other possibility is watersports.

Ya he was probably just getting prepped for the weekend.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

I didn't think it would be that expensive. I may take it back when I run out of toner and can't afford more.

good way to lose your costco membership bud

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

I like the costco brisket sandwich

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Argyle posted:

Yeah, they don't seem to localize their clothing selection very well.

Granted, I know the mountain people of Big Bear need their flannels and parkas, but when it's 95 in Burbank and Costco greets me with racks of down jackets and zero shorts, that feels like bad inventory management.

Its the shareholders

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Went to costco today bought a bunch of stuff!

Mostly like, household poo poo, but they had Marin French Cheese Co. camembert rounds, they usually just have their brie.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Coredump posted:

Hey you know what goes good on their hot dogs?

acai berries?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

that bulgogi thing looks way better than the chicken ranch dressing one

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

A couple years ago costco had really really good frozen har gao with sea bass and shrimp in them and they got rid of them :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

skooma512 posted:

Cheese and bulgogi :catstare:

never had like, korean tacos?

they used to sell these at costco:

they had lee kum kee sriracha packets in them that were pretty good, sweeter than cock rooster brand or whatever

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 8, 2018

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Squashy Nipples posted:

Tacos don't have to have cheese. Cheese on a taco is more of Tex-Mex thing, anyway.

I love those big orange barrels of Utz Halloween pretzels, the Bats and Jacks. I give out real candy, too, but the pretzels are ALWAYS popular. One year I gave kids a choice of two items out of Snickers, Reese's Cup, Kit Kat or the Utz, and at least 75% of the kids took a bag of pretzels.

they dont have kalbi on them either but hey it's america

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

its a precooked prepackage product formerly sold at Costcos across suburban America

no cheese on the skreet yhurd?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

An iconic korean american comfort junk food dish is like, a bowl of spicy ramen noodle soup with a slice of american cheese on top.

quote:

But as with so much of Mr. Choiís flavor-dense cooking, the dish contains more complexity and cultural history than may be apparent. For many Korean-American children, instant ramen qualifies as after-school-or-after-the-party, straight-from-the-bag soul food. ďItís our snack, itís our peanut butter and jelly sandwich, itís our bowl of cereal,Ē Mr. Choi said. ďItís something that has been a part of my life forever.Ē

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/dining/ramen-a-quick-fix-for-the-soul.html

Mr Choi is Roy Choi the guy who more or less started the whole korean taco / trendy high quality food truck scene in LA.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 8, 2018

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

bottom line korean food is really good and costco needs to sell more of it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Does costco sell houses?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

At least the shitlord who ran sears into the ground lost billions of dollars of his own money.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Basic potsticker method is to put some oil in a nonstick pan and heat it up, put the frozen potstickers in and fry the bottoms til they change color, dump in some water and put on a lid and cook it until all the water evaporates, uncover and let the bottoms fry in the residual oil until crisp.

The final stage has sputtering so put one of those mesh splatter guards over the pan.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Chinese etc dumplings freeze really well.

You can make them yourself and freeze them even

If you find a little asian grocery store where old women make them and sell them in zip lock bags, buy the crap out of them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

I cook hot dogs by putting them on a sheet of Costco Food Service Foil right under the broiler in the oven and blasting them

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

I just use DR BRONNERS MAGIC EIGHTEEN-IN-ONE PURE CASTILE PEPPERMINT HEMP SOAP for my dishwashing duties. It also works great in pump dispensers if you dilute it.

Costco used to sell two-packs but I havent seen them lately.

Have you ever read all the crazy poo poo on the label?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Ultimate Mango posted:

You can use a lathe to achieve the dimensions you require, and any shavings simply melt and can be wiped away.

Ya thats what I do

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

jokes posted:

It's sometimes good sometimes not. The filling varies because sometimes it's 90% ranch and sometimes it's an appropriate ratio to the meat(s).

the shareholders know that ranch dressing is cheaper than chicken meat which is why some of they have that ratio

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Went to costco today and they had lagavulin scotch for 50$, but you had to buy 3, and I'm not gonna drink 3 bottles of it sadly.

Also got what appeared to be some nice new 100 dollar bed sheets that they had a promotion thing on, but when I got home I noticed they were made from polyester, so I'm gonna take them back :( gently caress is up with that?

Boursin cheese was on sale though, that's good stuff. And they had some tray of 4 kinds of dessert mousses made in italy; pistachio, chcolate, raspberry and tiramisu.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

Ok so like thatís new thing Iím seeing all over the place. Like they market it as ďyour workout clothes feel great why shouldnít your sheets!!Ē
:shrug:

I got some like $30 off amazon that are soft as poo poo and people like them so I dunno.

I took them back and got some Kirkland 560 thread count cotton ones that were half the price.

Also got a box of these pretzel sticks covered in carmel and chocolate and man they're good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Is their cognac any good?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Costco sells one gallon cartons of heavy cream you know, they are in the cold dairy and eggs room.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

Development posted:

why are all the paper towel rolls individually wrapped :saddowns:

so much plastic

I noticed that the other day myself, very wasteful and inconvenient to unwrap them as well.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

I went to cost co today and they had a big table with samples of pierogies and the employee kept asking everyone if they were members but no one would answer. I didnt get a pierogi sample.

They had another one where a lady was cooking bacon in a toaster oven and it smelled really good but I didnt stop to get one.

Finally someone making tiny little discs of pancake from some kodiak bear pancake mix and putting some fruit syrup on them and while I was tempted it seemed messy to eat that out of a little paper thing while i was pushing my cart so I passed as well.

Also a lady had pieces of protein bar she was giving away which didnt look particularly apptezing.

I got a slice of 'i 'a on the way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002

Upset Trowel

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the pierogies are good and strangely not as bad for you as you'd expect

There little polish sausage shop delis here that make and sell their own so when i get the urge I go there.

I am kind of regretting passing up on the little pancake though.