Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

number 1 snake fan posted:

Cry harder about participating in a "sport" generally considered to be elite whites only. Also get gud at walking.

It’s like Tiger was never even born :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You can buy 1lb of SAF yeast for like 15-20 bucks on ebay and have enough yeast for a year or more.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Meydey posted:

Found these in the Covington, WA Costco tonight:

Last bottle of the Moxe, but there were 4 pallets of the Heritage (80% alcohol) $9.99 each

Also there were 2 packs of red meat/chicken in the coolers...All coolers. Only the salmon was well stocked.

What are the exact dimensions of the bottles?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Fish is another place sous vide shines and not as time consuming.

A piece of good cod or halibut or something with some butter and lemon zest in a bag for 40 minutes always comes out perfection.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Costco doesnt carry good imitation crab only some asian markets do

You want OSAKI brand KANIKAMA FISH CAKE accept no substitute

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If your costco carries Marin French Cheese Co. Brie get it, its really good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fizzymercy posted:

You guys should eat the chipotle bitchin' sauce with Fritos scoops. I may have gained 10lbs with one tub but it was worth it.

My boss gave me a $1000 Costco gift card for working nonstop through a pandemic and frankly I have no idea what to do with it. I got some tires and probably 15lbs of cheeses and now I'm vapor locked from choices.

does the food court take gift cards?

He bought you lunch forever

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
dried seas cucumbers are ok i guess they're nothing special IMO. they are stewed/rehydrated before eating

if you see bags of dried scallops by some insane miracle get them, they are one of the most delicious foods

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SirPablo posted:

Seemed odd to have a pallet of $50 kind of small bags sitting there.

chinese dried seafood is expensive

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
instacart has been saying that costco is out of stock on LE PETIT FRANCAIS frozen baguettes, has anyone noticed if they have them in stock anywhere, I hope they haven't stopped carrying them, they are very good

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

a mysterious cloak posted:

Our toilet seat with butt hose arrives tomorrow. We are excited and intrigued.

been keeping your butts extra dirty to see how it stands up to a challenge?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Got some stuff called Rojo's Sweet Corn Dip and its really good

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

Trying the first instacart costco order which will rock because god drat costco is always crazy busy and I hate going now.

What’s the usual tip rate people do?

I do like 10-15% depending and try to make sure its at least 15$ even for small orders, Instacart people deserve every penny of it going out and doing that poo poo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I kinda liked those bbq sandwiches every now and then

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Auto renew is good for costco since it prevents people from letting their membership lapse until they want to use it again. There are plenty of cases where if the person auto renewed, they'd be paying for their membership and not using it for some interval of time.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ravendas posted:

What, just print off the invoice from costco.com and take it in?

I might try that tomorrow.

pretty much dude, its costco they treat you right

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

redreader posted:

Is it possible to freeze steaks without loving them up, if you don't have a vacuum sealer? We have large and small ziploc bags.

you can get a decent vacuum seal by immersing the bag in water to force all the air out.

if you look up "sous vide water displacement method" there's lots of info on it, but its pretty simple

you put the steak in a regular zip loc bag and close it almost all the way, and push the air out, then you slowly immerse the bag in water and let the water pressure push the air out, all the way up to the top and then seal it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Grand Fromage posted:

I lived in China for four years and I am one of the two people I know who likes (some) mooncakes. The other person is also American.

ya i like mung bean moon cakes they are pretty good im also an american

also some fancy chinese hotel's local specialty of some kind of bitter orange peel thing was legit good

do not like the egg yolk in any mooncake though no sir

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 15, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
havent had a slice of cost co pizza in 6 months :/

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jose posted:

its not about paying for it there are all sorts of weird requirements https://www.costco.co.uk/membership-individual-requirements

lolw wtf??

Customer Care
How do I qualify for Individual Membership?
Costco offers Individual Membership to current or retired employees of select employment groups or professions.
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 years who meet one of the following requirements:

Qualifying Employment Groups
Current or Retired Employee of:
Banking / Finance
Local Government
Fire / Rescue Service
Post Office
Airlines
Education
Police Force
Civil Service / Armed Forces
Medical / Health Service
Insurance
OR
Qualified as:

Qualified / Certified / Chartered Accountant
Chartered Architect
Doctors (MD) / Dentist / Optician / Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor
Solicitor / Barrister / Magistrate / Advocate
Chartered Engineer / Civil etc
OR
Current or Retired employees of a UK or USA Gold Company.

You may qualify as a current or retired employee of one of the many UK or USA Gold Companies. Please contact either Central Membership on 01923 830477 (email: warehousememberservices@costco.co.uk) or your local warehouse to confirm whether the company you currently work for or have retired from is a registered Gold Card Company.

You need to provide the following: One of the following which is valid or dated within the last 3 months, or past documentation if retired:

Employee ID Card OR Employee Payslip/Pension Statement OR a Qualification Certificate
Plus 1 piece of photographic identification
Please contact Central Membership on 01923 830477 (email: warehousememberservices@costco.co.uk) or your local warehouse to confirm your eligibility for Individual Membership.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:thunk:

What on earth? Those aren't like, civil service type positions. In the US it's generally military, veterans, and first responders who qualify for whatever exclusive thing.

this isnt even a special thing its the basic requirements to get a costco membership period

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
loving SHARE holders

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Dang people got a lot of ideas about peanut butter you have to stir

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

While we’re on the topic, a while back they opened a Whole Foods next to my office. I went over and picked up a super expensive lunch, and decided to top it off with a piece of carrot cake. The cake had tiny bits of pineapple in it. What the making GBS threads gently caress.

I know nuts can be a controversial ingredient in some carrot cakes, I don’t mind. Hell, I’ll even give raisins a pass. Pineapple tidbits from a loving can, inside my like $6 chunk of organic carrot cake? Eat poo poo, Whole Foods.

Only english calls it a "pineapple" in most other languages it is called a "carrott" or "karrott"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
got one week left before my covid shots are in fUlL EfFeCt and a slice of the 'o 'a is high on my list of poo poo I havent done in a year

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

I used to go to a chinese noodle place where they would make the noodles in a kitchen with a glass wall so you could watch, it was cool. My fav was the “cutting noodles” where dude would have a big lump of dough and flick noodles off with a knife. They were super good.

It is the best kind of Chinese noodle

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
go to costco and buy your millenial kids a house already you stingy fuckin boomers

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hell Yeah posted:

fuyck the combo slice, pepperoni only

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
do they cut up the hot dogs on it?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
went to costco today and they had the new carts i liked them, more room in the kid seat basket for stuff

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Nut heirarchy is macadamia > cashew > almond | pistachio > the rest

cashews are weird as gently caress looking on trees

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
With vaccination and the end of pandemic isolation comes not having a beard anymore and actually shaving regularly. Something I hate.

I figured I'd try a ncie electric razor and apparently Braun makes the best ones, the "Series 7" and the "Series 9" with the 9 being the cadillac of electric razors and costing at least 100 bux more than the 7.

Was mulling which one to get and figured hey wait, I wonder if costco sells these?

Costco does sell them, the Series 9 on their website, the best one, for at least 70 dollars less than amazon or anywhere else.

Thanks, costco!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

Costco crab legs?

I want to buy some $30-40/lb king crab legs, costco seems like a good place to get them.

I always get them at costco for xmas, they are good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
earlier in the pandemic I left probably a pound and a half of vacuum sealed portioned pork belly on top of the freezer in the garage for a couple days before I noticed :(

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MisterOblivious posted:

An instant pot or knockoff is really handy if you don't have one already. If you get the name brand you can get rid of the slow cooker if you have one. Kitchenaid mixers are cheaper at Costco.

I know you said nothing electrical, but led lighting for your garage is awesome if you've got an older, dim garage. You can mount them and get an electrician to look your install over and make the final connection.

Get some garage shelving from Costco so you can nab stuff like kleenex/tp/paper towels/laundry detergent/etc when they're on sale. It's like a chest freezer for sundries: when you have storage space you can buy stuff when it's on sale instead of waiting until you run out to buy more. If your yearly supply of garbage bags has 2 months left and they go on sale why not resupply if you've got the space?

Get a fire extinguisher large enough to match your new range! Get a pack or two of smoke/carbon monoxide detectors if your new place is more than 10 years old or don't have an install date sticker. They're only good for ~10 years. Modern units have a 10 year battery so you don't have to swap 9v batteries every 6 months when you reset your clocks for daylight savings. 1 detector inside each bedroom door, 1 in a kitchen'ish area, minimum.

Last year during pandemic summer I stacked up a bunch of amazon prime day $$ off discount things from different sources like "buy an item from a qualified small business on amazon" and "order something from whole foods" and I think some other one, where for each one you got like 10$ store credit for prime day and got an instant pot for like 28 bucks or something.

It was the sort of thing where like its big, the kitchen does not have unlimited space, and i've lived my whole life without a pressure cooker so I never pulled the trigger on one but at the prime day super discount + all the free store credit I finally did.

Anyway they are cool! And I think prime day is at the end of the month so you might be able to get one for practically free again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

posting on the blessed chinese lucky number page