Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

The Costco pecan pie is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Keto or not I ate one of those Kirkland jars of chocolate caramel macadamia clusters in about 3 days, those were drat good.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Costco in my town is luckily not one of the insane jam packed ones, mostly avoid going on a weekend and it's smooth sailing, I usually go every week or two but I don't really buy a whole lot every time.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Went to 2 Costcos, both were out of the cans of cold brew coffee :hotpickle:

I miss the combo pizza hopefully they're back post-pandemic

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I splurge and drop like 5.50$ for the chicken bake and strawberry sundae.

If you donít like gin, try a gimlet with fresh lime juice and it should change your mind, at least it did for me.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

The cans of Kirkland cold brew appear to have disappeared over the last month or so, making mornings hard, Iíve been getting the 12 packs of Colombo coffee which is a good local product but doesnt quite have the buzz.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

This Aidells sausage talk has me craving their classic chicken apple sausages, great for breakfast.

I need my cans of Kirkland Coldbrew, please restock northern CA

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

It's strange it looks like I can order it online at 15.99 for the 12 pack with 2 day delivery but it isn't stocked at my local costco or the one 20 miles away last I checked, but i'm a cheap bastard

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Current sales of Fever Tree ginger beer at 10.99 for a 12pack is a screaming deal if you're a big ginger beer fan since it pretty goes well with any spirit.

Still no Cans of Cold brew here in northern CA :negative: They did have some bottles of Starbucks "cold brew concentrate" that you mix 50/50 with water, seems like a bit of work but I decided to try it out.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Costco Prime NY streaks are pretty bomb and considerably cheaper per lb than their Ribeyes from my experience. I'll saute some of the baby portabellas from Costco in the meat juices and maybe some of worcestershire sauce for some bomb mushrooms to top the steak.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

at least 400 pages of steaks and hams

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Been missing the cold brew for a couple months now, I just think it's a solid unsweetened coffee to perk you up, and it's just over 1$/can and at that price it can't be beat. I'm used to Vietnamese coffee so I don't find it that strong.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Used a dutch oven for frying wings, they're awesome and really keep the oil temp from dropping which really keeps things non-greasy.

Also grabbed that Klipch home subwoofer that Costco had for like 70$ off, the thing is a monster and I actually have to keep it's settings pretty low and it still has plenty of rumble, it's hard to see anyone's home needing more bass than this thing kicks out.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I love when my Costco had Vitamin waters, except now all they have are the gross sugar-free ones

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I put a case of Mexican Coke in the cart too

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Finally found my drat coffee! 23 miles from my local Costco, needed some Costco gas anyways where my local one does not sell gas. A whopping 4.09/gallon for premium here in CA... whoof.
I got 4 cases though so worth it!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I do find it ironic that California takes a lot of flak for being a nanny state but buying booze here is a breeze. When I was bartending iíd hear all these crazy stories about people in states like Pennsylvania where beer has to be bought in beer only stores and liquor and wine is a separate ABC controlled store. Definitely not in supermarkets or convenience stores, and honestly a lot of it makes 0 sense and itís some holdover from the prohibition days.

Also Patron is really good as a shot I think wince itíks nice and clean. A really good mixing tequila for the price is Espolon. Just do yourself a favor and only.buy tequila that is 100% agave. I got spoiled on Margaritas made with fresh lime and agave syrup instead of using mix.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 28, 2021

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I think the surge in pet ownership has caused a few shortages of pet supplies, getting kitty litter at my local Costco has been hit or miss along with any canned cat food.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Whats next, combo pizza wont return either? :cry:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I liked the mixed nuts the way they are, I bought the unsalted ones recently and like them a lot more. They just taste more like nuts.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I knew I was leaving myself open to that one. I'll get some Kirkland jerky if i'm feeling salty

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Salmon is susceptible to a nastty parasite that is easily eliminated with a flash freeze without hurting the quality. A lot of top quality Omakase/Edomai sushi fish is previously frozen or aged.

Tried the steelhead a few times, personally not a huge fan of it and the farmed salmon is very good for like 1$ more per pound, Salmon should pretty much always be about medium rare.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Pine nuts on top of Spaghetti a'la Kirkland Pesto is so good, maybe with some of the larger Costco shrimp sauteed on top or Italian sausage or both.

Pine nuts are ridiculous price wise luckily you only need a little.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Get rid of ketchup forever for hotdogs and bring the onion back

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Any fully vaccinated goons yet been able to shop at their local Costco yet mask-free?

I haven't tried myself yet I think the CDC ruling conflicts with what California has been doing but the plan was the open everything up by June 15th anyways.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Donít know itís seasonal but the Costco Pecan pie is awesome, otherwise they usually have that big tiramisu cake that should be a crowd pleaser

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

With California opened up Costco is allowing people to go maskless if fully vaccinated (honor system) but it seemed like 90% of the customers were still masked so I still wore mine, the tables were available for eating though, nearby Target had the same feeling of nearly everyone masked. It just feels awkward for me not to wear one until a majority of people stop doing it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I like self checkout generally because there is always one person in every line that takes absolutely forever to pay as if it's their first time every buying something. Like I have my Costco card and credit card in hand ready to go once I see the total, stick that chip in the reader, get receipt and say thank you then i'm on my way out within seconds and debating if I should stop for the hotdog.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Why canít we all just be like California and be able to buy booze anywhere with a liquor license any day of the week? People are day drinking in wine country starting at like 10am.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

A lot of states have those boooze curfews not just California though, there was talk of extending it to 3am or something for San Francisco but it fell through, we can still sell cocktails to-go though

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

These green teas are great if your Costco carries them, very refreshing and no sugar.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

The Columbe coffees are great but a little rich sometimes, the kirkland coldbrew is still my preferred wake up. Costco here had Columbe cold brew black coffees which I hope doesn't mean the Kirkland is getting discontinued because the Columbe cold brews were 16.99 for a 12 pack.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

The Costco pecan pie rocks, I want one but I know i'll eat it all within 4 days probably.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I got a bit chunky during pandemic times, I bought an exercise bike back in September along with a Rowing machine about a month ago and I think i've finally lost most of the weight i'd gained from all the generally bad but inexpensive takeout I was eating for a while.

With all the exercise i've been doing i've naturally been trying to be a little more healthy in food choices, I started going to Costco to purchase fresh fruit which admitted I rarely did anywhere ever.

So far i've enjoyed bananas, I try buying a bunch with close to ripe ones and some greener ones for long-term. Oddly I think I like the non-organic ones better, the organic ones seem to have a much thicker peel and pretty much taste the same.

Bought some of the honey mangoes, I really like these, just tough being patient waiting for them to ripen.

Got one of those big bags of D'angou pears, pleasant sweetness and texture, enjoying them enough that I think I can enjoy finishing the bag of ~10-12 pears before they get over ripe.

Also a box of Fuji Apples (~8 apples) since these seem to be a solid choice for eating straight, slight tartness but great apple flavor. Want to try the Pink lady apples and maybe the Honey Crisps next.

I love berries too but held off since they spoil fairly quickly and I can always steal a few handfuls from work.

Also Costco just straight up owns for nuts, wish I they carried unsalted pistachios but most of the other varieties are easy to come by unsalted.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I usually eat the apple and pear skins since they have a lot of the nutritional value, especially fiber.

Iím enjoying the Anjou pears a lot, I think I ate like four throughout the day, a little softer than other pears but pleasant sweetness. Costco did have some huge asian pears, I hesitated to buy them since it was like 7$ for three pears but two days later they had sold out.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

The Díanjou pears are great and ill likely finish up the bag within a day, iíll probably grab a bag of the Bosc pears to try next time, along with either some pink lady or honeycrisp apples. The Organic Fujis are solid and I wouldnít complain about them being an only option, but Costco has like 4-5 varieties at least.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I have a decent Costco just 5 minutes away but I do drive about 30 minutes sometimes to a further Costco just because it has gasoline and theyíre signifcantly cheaper for gas than anywhere else nearby making it worth it if iím quite empty. They also carry the bottles of Ito En green tea and the Kirkland cold brew cans that my closer Costco used to carry so I load up at least 4 cases when I go.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Barry posted:

You drive like an hour round trip for gas? How much cheaper is it?

about 50/c gal cheaper for premium than anywhere near me (California lols). Again I also need to be running low on green tea and cold brew cans so it's not like it's only for the gas. Still pretty worth it if i'm getting around 15-18 gallons.

admittedly I do have about 6-7 case of coldbrew and around 8 cases of Ito En green tea, gotta drink more!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I go to costco 1-2x a week since itís 5 mins away and its not super crowded like other areas of the country it seems so I dont buy a ton of stuff usually.

Being healthier as of late so theyre great for fresh fruit, havenít had the dog in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

I feel like a decent portable air compressor at home is a worthwhile investment for a hundred something dollars, can power tools and a blowgun attachment is useful for cleaning computers and stuff, better to check and air your tires while they're cold from home anyways.