Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Bought 2 pounds of frozen lobster claws and they were garbage.... Costco dropped the ball on that one. The other $175 worth of stuff was great though so I don't hold it against them too much. And the polish + refill was delicious as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

get the ling ling's potstickers

had those for breakfast yesterday because im a garbage person

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

FCKGW posted:

I zoom past the Costco gas station every week and pull into the Arco where I gladly pay an extra 4 cents a gallon to never deal with slowly dying, waiting 20 minutes to get gas

Yeah but then you gotta pay 35 cents and you cant use a credit card for that sweet cash back!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

arisu posted:

Another pro tip, you can order food court items while checking out at the register. They can ring you up and you pay for it with all your other stuff. Then you can bypass the food court line, bring your receipt to the pick up window, and they'll get it out for you.

I tried to do this at the last co I worshiped at (Phoenix maybe?) and they said they don't do that anymore, so ymmv.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Metaline posted:

Hello everyone I went to Costco today and spent under $100 AMA

whats wrong?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Geoj posted:

Saw this in the prepared meals section yesterday -

They're certainly more gringo than street taco, but they only take about 10 minutes to prepare - just reheat the chicken, fry the tortillas and assemble. Corn tortillas were surprisingly really good - thick enough that you can get a good blistered char on the outside without turning them into chips.

my costco has a gryo kit where you get 5 gyro for like 10 bucks. doesnt include veggies but it was pretty dang good.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

just got a meat boner

whats yours normally made out of?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

GI_Clutch posted:

I love that they are individually wrapped. I can pull them all out and arrange them however I need to in order to fit them into the closet instead of needing a big free rectangular area.

Or you could just arrange *gasp* unwrapped single rolls. Paper towels don't go bad. It's super wasteful.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Jack Skeleton posted:

Got my communal dog today and when I was about to get the fixings on it, some dude with a big tupperware jumped on the onion dispenser and just went to town in filling that son bitch up. When that one seemed to stop dropping onions, went to the other onion dispenser and went to town on that one as well getting as much diced onions as possible.

I'm not sure if I should be outraged or to just worship him as my new lord and savior. And let's be honest, the only reason there would be any resentment is because while we talked about it here, I would be upset that he not only beat me to do it, but took it to the next loving level.

Bravo diced onions baron. Bra-loving-o

nah gently caress that guy

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

therobit posted:

Typically when the light comes on you have a couple gallons left.

Yeah I'll go 30 or 40 miles past the light coming on sometimes in my truck. Good job owning your wife though.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Driving up to Mammoth on Saturday (!) and wow theres not even one Costco north of the San Gabriel and east of the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. Looks like its time to find some mom-n-pop gas stations to patronize.

I have also already located the required quirky BEEF jerky shack to stop at during the road trip to fill up on nuts, olives, and jerky.

Is it mahogany smoked meats? No nuts and olives but really good jerky. Expensive though

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

TraderStav posted:

Does the maxim for tandem bikes apply for two person kayaks? Whichever direction your relationship is currently going, it's going to get there faster?

Tandem kayaks always lead to heartbreak. There is no good outcome there.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Molten Llama posted:

It's probably for the better. Costco cheese is the path to unrestrained gluttony. My partner picked up a brick of cheddar the last time we went to church, and now I'm permanently afflicted with the knowledge that he's the kind of man who will single-handedly eat two pounds of cheese in a week.

Um, how much were the wizard robes?

Everything from 32 degrees is ridiculously cheap, so probably not much.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

norp posted:

I got this one a while back to put through my espresso machine (Breville barista express). It was awful, it's such a dark roast and just not great at all.
It might be ok with other preparations.

There was an Italian one in an orange bag that was great but they only stocked it here for like a week.

Currently have this one, it's ok but nothing special.

EXpresso eh?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Ordered that Biobidet that's on sale. Looking forward to a shiny clean butthole. Then went and spent 280 bucks in store too... Oh Costco.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

its all nice on rice posted:

I love the peach, mango, pineapple, strawberry blend they have. Throw that with some spinach, oat milk, orange juice, and protein powder for a breakfast smoothie that lasts me until lunch.
It's too bad they don't sell oat milk (or at least I can't find it at all my store.)

We have 6 packs of oat milk here in Oregon for 10 bucks I think. It's good stuff.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a block of manchego from coco and it was uncomfortably wet and was way too creamy compared to what I'm used to. Did I get a bad one?

Huh I get their manchego often and it's always delicious. That doesn't sound like the cheese I know so fondly.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Coredump posted:

Why the hell did I buy that big rear end bag of smokehouse almonds. 45 servings!

My store has that same size bag of spicy dill flavored almonds and I don't regret it one bit, they're loving delicious.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

drat this trio of Norwegian hot smoked salmon *made in the Netherlands* is pretty tasty. Definitely gonna buy that again.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

Releasing praying mantises which are native to the area seems a better form of pest control than dousing my garden in chemicals, but you do you.

Problem is, they're probably not the species of mantis that's actually native to your area. In CA at least, the mail order mantises have naturalized themselves alongside native species.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

phosdex posted:

Does anyone get into Cara Cara oranges? They are a pink fleshed orange. I used to work with a lady who would get so excited about them and announce whenever they were in season. Maybe they aren't rare in other places. Anyway, my Co had pallets full today.

Got those from my Costco. They were overall really tasty, though a couple were kinda dry inside. Would cara-caragain.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Pistachios taste like salty unclean rear end and there are always too many cashews.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

GORDON posted:

And then....

Take the carcass, but it in a large pot of water. Put it on the stove, on low, overnight, with a lid. In the morning fish out anything solid, and you now have perfect chicken broth.

Alternate ending: throw in a handful of the mini wontons that Costco sells. You now have perfect wonton soup.

This except toss it in your instant pot for an hour with whatever stock type veggies you have in the fridge. And then make Ramen with it after.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

That's a full pickle tho

Pickles and relish

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Come on down to Salem, OR. Tons of kerrygold cheddar but I go with the smaller dubliner blocks.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

PIZZA.BAT posted:

PSA: costco now apparently sells a supreme version of their cauliflower crust pizza

Yeah and they're good. Lots of toppings.I think they're made by Milton's, the crust seems super similar.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

The street tacos are pretty bland and basic too... get your butts to a real Mexican place.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

The 32 degree mesh boxer briefs are just about as good as those exofficio ones for a fraction of the price. It's probably all made by Chinese children but everything 32 degrees makes is fantastic value.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Chanterelles have a high water content. I'd recommend dry sauteing first and draining the liquid before adding whatever butter or oil you're gonna cook em in. You can save the liquid to use in other stuff like rice or quinoa, it should be pretty fragrant. Though I've only cooked ones I've foraged myself so ymmv.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Paul MaudDib posted:

(Packaged) bread I buy at Costco stay fresh for like weeks longer than anywhere even buying the exact same product/brand and tbh it kinda weirds me out, are they doing something different like irradiation to make it stay fresh longer (not saying this is a bad thing) or is it just a much shorter/more efficient supply chain or what?

Fresh bread is different though, the in store stuff has what I would consider the “expected” lifespan

Huh I've had the opposite experience where the costco bread goes moldy way quicker. I don't buy their double packs anymore because of it. In Oregon

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

You should try to sit in one first but yeah they're a good investment in your butt and spine.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Lookit this guy complaining about too many Costcos...

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Get an inflatable hot tub, replace the heater with heat pump system... baby you got a chest freezer going...

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get this.... imagine going to Costco today. :ghost:

I went yesterday and it was real bad, driving by today it looks much less busy. Think everyone is traveling or chilling at home already.

I still had a lovely time because it was costco

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Your gravy is very red and full of tomatoes, weird.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Overinflating your tires can cause uneven tread wear too, besides any concern with the ride.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Went today for a few things. (Monster ULTRA, Roti Chicken, almond milk, double STUFFED garlic/jalap olives)

Bought these as soon as I saw the label. These things are awesome.

My co only had these once and they were great. Now i have to settle for larger not as tasty but still good garlic pickles... I'm jealous

Also my pickle loving girlfriend always used the ford dealership to get her oil changed. They left the drain plug loose one time so she was running on oil fumes for a while and they didn't give her anything to make it right. Can't trust anyone for even the simplest jobs.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

metachronos posted:

3 for 20 my guy, no deals.

gently caress the mafia

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

It's really tasty oat milk imo, not like that garbage macadamia nut milk. That poo poo is way too thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

BadSamaritan posted:

Good for you doesn’t necessarily mean lower cal/lower fat. Having a small/medium glass of whole milk that lets you feel full and satisfy the hunger itch for milk may be more beneficial than drinking a greater quantity of the thinned out stuff or adding a snack.

Same for cooking with real Kirkland brand salted butter.

I think you meant kerrygold butter. And yeah gently caress skim milk.