Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Not a 1/4 lber either. Looks like a 1/4 oz'er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yo I just saw that Kirkland is making HaagenDazs style ice cream bars (complete with chocolate shell and nuts).

$10 for a pack. :aaaaa:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Costco needs to add poutine and end the final slot tango. It once took me 20 minutes to get a carne asada bake.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

the death glares people give you when you politely ask them to move aside are amazing.
If it's a bad enough pile up, i'll just move the cart aside and walk through.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The burgs are good, but kind of greasy from what i remember.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

.........and........?:confused:
Amd i wish there was more lean meat in em is all.

Though I didnt used to grill them. A ton of grease in a toaster over sucks.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

Are you one of those people who makes burgers with dry tasteless 90/10 beef or what? You want a lean burger? What in the loving hell?
Hey, a man has to make sacrifices when they dont serve turkey burgers. 95/5 is that sacrifice

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

meet girls at the store posted:

Desire to know more intensifies :stare:
They're like those Blue Bell or whatever cheese wheels you get in the mesh bags. Seem to be a mix of mozarella and parmesian or something. Theu were a little too sharp for my tastes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

skooma512 posted:

Tower fans are kind of meh. Are these really that good?

Have you guys seen any wall clocks on sale there?
My wife has one thats basically a rug blower with a vertical stack opening and it moves air like crazy.

Wall clocks? Sure in the business essentials aisles.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've seen Universal Studios Hollywood tickets, Legoland and Aquarium tickets, but more likely you can find those dumb Disney Parkhopper "deals" in the checkout lane of your local Ralphs.

Like the poster above said, The Mouse doesn't need discounts for one day/one park visits. They prefer to do multi-visits or Parkhopper poo poo so they know you'll be spending money on Parking/Food/Merchandise spread across two or three days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

binge crotching posted:

Looks like the old carne asada bake which was amazing. I guess I need to book another trip to Australia.
It took me 15 minutes to get one once. Was not amazing.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tim Whatley posted:

Fellow members. Give me your absolute hottest rundown and haul to make my BBQ next Saturday the most bumping.
What kind of heathen doesnt respect the international BBq holiday, July the Fourth?

Get chicken Satay skewers, the korean bbq takeaway, some flap meat for carne asada, and your choice of burgers, ribs or hot dogs and youll be set on the grill. Pair with your favorite beerpacks, and grab a set of the Mexican cokes, Fantas, and maybe some LaCroix for the hipsters.
Dont forget to get the picnic pack of condiments, and a jumbo mayo. You can also get the 24 pack of eggs, some pasta, and the pre-shredded rotisserie chicken for your sides and salads. Add guacpaks and chips of various types for to keep happy the crowds.
Dessert can be the cube of assorted ice creams.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 2, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Its pretty sweet. I sometimes use it as mixer in gin amd tonic drinks.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program

My wife used it, though for a used car.

We submitted the car model we wanted and they got back to us with an affiliated dealer some 25 miles away-- the discount is only valid with the dealers they send you to. The dealer was very friendly, but I don't recall any talk of pricing before we got there.
The deal was something like 800 off listed price, making it essentially a no haggle negotiation.
They were patient enough and offered a 0% APR, while also giving us 1000 more for the trade in car than other places, so we went with it.
It still took the better part of 3ish hours, and we still had to say no to all the add-ons, but the experience was pretty positive.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Slack Lagoon posted:

e: dont know if this is because costco or subaru
I'm going to say it's because Costco. There's a whole expectation that they'll be really pleasant to the cardholders, and the followup after you purchase includes a customer satisfaction survey.

My deal also included a coupon for 20% off any accessory, for what it's worth :3:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ikea has the food court and bistro so its two separate offerings.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Phylodox posted:

Apparently my Costco is dispensing unadvertised vanilla Pepsi. Weird.
It's possible they ran short or got a mixup in supply. Wouldnt be the first time someone needed a quick fix or someone asleep at the switch didn't notice the label.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah. It's one of those things in some areas but not everywhere. Super good and you usually find it in the cold take n go area by the chickens.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Xaris posted:

it felt like it was like halloween a 4 months ago
Gah, new stranger things maybe?!

Also, you see Halloween stuff start to creep in slowly after July 4, because the Hauntfolken need a good month or two to set up their attractions and it's always easy to grab a cheap skeleton or a $120 stand up with lights to go with the $3500 pneumatic powered animatronic that's being shipped in.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I actively avoid sample tables if more than two people are milling about. Especially if they're waiting on a reup.

But if it's like just the bored merchant doing their pitch then sure I'll swing by and thank you for the... CoCQ10 Energy Shot :confused:

Unless you're selling me Direct TV.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

Costco DirecTV guy is a drat sight better than the Solar City rear end in a top hat at Home Depot.
Those always give me pause. Why yes, I'd love to drop 12k on a new furnace/AC on my way out!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My parents would shop price club (and later, in a fevered dream, PriCost), and buy a thickpak of like 32 hotdogs (not Kirkland, be they forgiven for their sins).
We would freeze them to last forever but they tasted horrible.

Also we did not have communion and it wasn't until my teens that they got a membership.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GORDON posted:

I won't be needing the big hose.

Gonna lay some Fat (40 Amp) pipe for this man :science:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Same. I didnt care about it until a goon posted about tossing their Zoji rice cooker for it. Just after the Amazon Prime Day deal, too. :(

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yo here's a cheap and greasy treat to make for your next Cotrip. The package of meat goes for about $25. Don't use pork loin in the tube because it ain't fatty enough and won't shred nicely.

1 package Pork Country Ribs (no bone), some fat trimmed if you want to be healthy
1 container salsa of your choice (guacsalsa is the best, but Herdez green is good and available at some Cos)

Cut pork into chunks and place in a large pot/cast iron dutch oven. Salt very lightly and fill with water until meat is just covered.
Cook until water is boiling, then cover with lid, lower temperature and simmer for 2 hours.
Remove lid and raise temperature to medium to allow water to cook off. Continue cooking at reduced temperature to allow meat to brown/crisp.

Once it reaches desired state, dump container of salsa into meat and stir.

Serve with tortillas or chips, garnish with some lime or cilantro if you're a terrible person.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'll probs get 3 more sherps, 2 king (one for the couch, one for when the babies take up my side of the bed and I sleep on the floor) & one more queen for the guest bed.

Though living in L.A. makes me wonder if they'll get any use.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Costco getting spookier every week

There was a giant butler animatronic talking to the guests and a spoopy pumpkin about 20 feet in. Last week it was just kids costumes with absurd muscle padding for the boys.

Like what the gently caress guys, 3 year olds don't need to look like Triple H and The Rock's creatine filled wet dreams. What happened to the plastic smock with the cartoon logo across it and the cheap plastic facemask with too-sharp eye and mouthholes and a piece of half-dead elastic to hold it in place.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bologna slices. They're loving gross, the American cheese of luncheon meats, like some foul dark shadow of head cheese.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Examples:

- A giant slab of bologna, fried in fat and just eaten with mustard (?)
- A gigantic slice of iceberg lettuce, like literally a quarter of an entire head of iceberg lettuce, with nothing blue cheese dressing on top, and that's the entire meal (?!?!)

I've seen roommates make that and every time it's just :barf:
Granted, i have bad memories of eggs cooked with shreds of ham (ugh, makes the ham lukewarm and gross and it's not crispy or anything just this tepid slab).

The second is like a ghetto Cobb/wedge salad. Hipster places do that poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

baloney is good bitch!
Baloney is literally a word kids say to signify something sucks rear end.

In fact, I don't recall my local Co selling bolognia anything.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Math You posted:

One I heard from Canada online was a realtor who would stage homes for sale with Costco furniture and then return it all and move onto the next one. You'd think "hey that's basically fraud, send the excommunication papers". They just blocked him from being able to make returns from that department.
You think they'd just pay for a storage container. Seems like a better return than all the effort of schlepping everything around.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Whoa I posted that like 6 months ago. I'm actually pretty interested, could you elaborate?
I know some people that are the same, though their hang up is usually after a really bad experience -- like drank half a bottle of tequila and ended up with mild alcohol poisoning.

They wont touch cheap poo poo, but like a shot of $150 Don Julio they can tolerate.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

From what people have said in the thread, it can vary from good to not so great.
Yeah, it's kind of dealer dependent but even if the deal isn't the best the salespeople will treat you very well since they can get the affiliation pulled with enough bad reviews.

Basically, you pop in what car you want and they'll send you a dealer to go to. The one I dealt with offered a flat $800 discount on advertised pricing, but couldn't really offer to do more after that.

For myself and my wife, it was worth being able to go in, be told a price, and not have to spend all day to get them to budge on $200. We were in the market for one specific model so we were done with all the research and test drive poo poo. The finance guy was the worst part (it always is), but our salesman pulled some fresh mats for us from somewhere -- even if it was a total lie it was good to give us a final positive before we drove off.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

I've been stuck in line trying to get my screaming toddler a free sample while some old lady stands there
Why? She's old. Just push her withered claw out of the way and grab two. If she gives you poo poo just turn to the crying kid and say "ok, there you go, the hungry old lady didn't get them all"

Samples tables create a zone of anti-society. All social norms are gone once another party violates the contract.
This includes getting empty carts the gently caress out if there, or pushing your cart through people just lolligagging about.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Whenever yall talk about purchases and credit cash backs on your accounts, I feel like Tien during the Majin Buu Saga.

and this. . . Is to go a level BEYOND EXECUTIVE. :ssj::frogon:

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 23, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Horse Clocks posted:

I bought a kilo of butter. And I can’t loving find it.

How the poo poo do you lose a kilo of butter?
Slides under your carseat?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

i am harry posted:

You cannot live on just hotdogs and chicken bakes..you need one of those big tubs of Pub Mix for the crunchy part of the food pyramid.

I've been led astray by this thread often, first with the pub mix then with the normandy blend, that it's a wonder the Sherpa Throw defied all odds and turned out to be heaven.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hey remember to grab an Instant Pot to throw in your cart full of Sherpas and chickens. They're on sale this week.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Development posted:

now I see what y’all mean about the hot dog burps

ugh.

HDBs mean you are no longer in your prime.
I curse all those drat teenagers I see in the food court, knowing their All Beef Hot Dog + Refill (and optional slice of 'za) won't haunt them in the wee hours of the morning, along with their prostates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They should add a 3.50 Tres Al Pastor Street Tacos + Soda option.
No sauces or cilantros tho.