Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

priznat posted:

I have to prevent myself from buying a bag of cadbury mini eggs because I power thru that stuff WAY too fast to be healthy.

I typically eat a costco-sized bag of these every year by myself.

Haven't been able to find the Bare chicken nugget things lately, which is sad as I throw them on pasta once or twice a week to round out an easy meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon
I've used my air fryer to toast before and it works pretty well for that - like a split baguette not normal sliced bread. I haven't tried the toaster oven/air fryer combo they have carried lately but if it air fries well it probably toasts just fine.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone have the Firman 4000w Generator? I don't know if I need one, but I feel like it would be good to have. I don't know how these compare to a battery unit in the same price range.

Gasoline/Propane/NG generators are going to give you far more run time than any battery unit I've seen on the market. Without knowing your specific goals it's hard to recommend anything specific.

I had a house with sump pumps to keep the basement dry and having a generator during a hurricane is serious storm was invaluable. 5-10 gallons of gas could easily last you days if you only run it periodically. You can also plug in your fridges and freezers and keep them cold as well.

4000 watts isn't a lot, but if you aren't planning to run anything that draws a lot of power it could very well be plenty.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

no_tears posted:

My only real fear is with the dryer, because it’ll be natural gas instead of electric. So I just need to watch a few vids and actually pay attention haha

There should be a flexible gas line going to the dryer from a valve'd connection. Close the valve, disconnect from old dryer, attach to new dryer, open valve, listen and smell for leaks. Those connections use tapered threads that seal up well but you do have to make them pretty snug. Try and pay attention to how much force it takes to remove from the old dryer as you want to tighten it about that much on the new dryer.

Watch some YouTubes it's pretty straightforward.

fordham fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 11, 2022