Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I went today and got the pub mix solely because of this thread, it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
What is the deal with the Costco hot dog vs the Costco Polish dog? I don't think I've ever even seen a hot dog at my store. Don't know why you'd want one of them skinny dawgs when you could have the satisfying girth of a Polish.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Just lol if your cart doesn't look like this by the time you're ready to leave

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

this is p much everything wrong with costco in an image and why I tend to get most of my food food at winco. Living out of a freezer is just shameful.

Guys there's only like 5 freezer items in that whole cart of like 40 things, the veggies/fruit and Normandy mixes are on the other side.

Not apologizing for the fuckload of Kirkland chicken tortilla soup, it's a winter seasonal item and you gotta stock up :colbert:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

Hey man what store do you meet girls at

Sam's Club

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Mods please change my name to "meet girls at the Costco"

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

smoobles posted:

what's the shelf life on that costco pesto y'all?

:eng101: freeze that extra Kirkland Signature Basil Pesto in the Oxo No-Spill Ice Cube Tray (2 pack), then store the pesto cubes in the Ziplock Gallon Smart Zip Freezer Bags (4 pack) and throw them in the Danby 7.1cu ft Chest Freezer. They'll last about six months in the freezer and it's super easy to grab a few at a time for cooking.

Costco provides.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Anyone gonna brave the crowds this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend for some sicknasty deals and a dog/slice?

I probably will.

Trip report: expected it to be busy before the holiday weekend, but it was almost deserted. The fine employees at checkout all said that they're dreading tomorrow, as it's one of their busiest days of the year. Helped balance out their weekend bottom line with a $512 cart today.

Heck yeah I filled up on the $1.50 dog with soda and refill AND got a 12 pack from the fridge section along with sesame seed hoagie rolls, so we will be grilling up them all beef hot dogs all weekend long :patriot:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Dr. Capco posted:

I buy the adult gummy vitamins :smug:

The gummy probiotics are legit delicious AND they keep your poops regular

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Harald posted:

How many costco probiotic gummies is it safe to eat in a sitting?

Do not stray from the recommended 4 per day, friend. That way leads to suffering.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Trip report: picked up the Ring video doorbell/intercom at my local 'tco today, because all Costco Ring systems come with a free year of cloud storage. This purchase already paid dividends this evening when a door-to-door salesman stopped by, and I could express my disinterest in his wares via intercom without even having to get out of bed and put on pants. The future is now, and it's at Costco for only $189.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Scornful Sexbot posted:

How do you keep people from stealing the outside part? I had this problem once....long ago....

It's bolted to the wall with screws that take an unusual sort of screwdriver bit to unscrew. Plus, Ring will replace any stolen doorbell units free of charge.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Just ate a Kirkland Signature nut bar with cocoa drizzle and sea salt, pretty sure I don't need to eat again for three days. Costco provides.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

FCKGW posted:

Pretty simple burger. 1/3lb beef, cheddar cheese, butterhead lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing.

Since all Costco food court items are made from 100% OEM Kirkland Signature ingredients or premade foods, does this mean the 1/3 pound burger is the 1/3 pound sirloin burger patty from the freezer section?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

grellgraxer posted:

I just ate the last of my costco pesto, and now I am wistful.

:eng101: Buy extra next time, and freeze it in an ice cube tray

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

FCKGW posted:

Made a Costco run today

Yeah, you could say I'm a bit of a Costco enthusiast :smug:

A shameful cart, there is still empty space between items.

When I do a Costco run i have to strategically stack everything in the cart, filling every available cubic inch, and I still end up having to carry things in my arms. :colbert:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

kynikos posted:

I work at a university and the student store recently added a ton of Costco items available for purchase:

Costco has spread in your lands! Converting will produce +1 happiness in all cities. Would you like to adopt this new creed?

This seems impractical, what is a student in a dorm room gonna do with two pounds of salt?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Heading to Costco to get the full-size candy bars to give out on Halloween and the Sherpa throw, does anyone need to me pick up anything?

$1.50 Polish with drink + refill is a given

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

Attention cold wife crew, saw some giant slipper socks to accompany the Sherpa blanket today and they got the seal of approval

I am always hot but I have a cold boyfriend, do the Sherpa slippies socks come in manly colors?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What, like camo print? :rolleyes:

Not baby pink? He'd probably kill for purple ones, now that I think about it.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Cart update: my store is out of the Sherpa throws and the socks are all in women's sizes, nevermind the color selection :(

The good news is that the chicken tortilla soups are back, and I got 12 two-packs (not pictured)

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Meydey posted:

Edit: Time to stock up on the Red Lobster Cheddar biscuit mix again

Every year I pass up the cheddar bay biscuit mix, regret my decision, go back to the store pick some up, and they're gone.

Not this year. This is my year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--BvXpaGq4

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Croatoan posted:

They sell full bar packs. You could have been the cool house.

That’s me this year. Childhood goal: accomplished, all thanks to Costco.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

May I post this deal for newcomers to the faith:
https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/open/visasocial

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Thank you, Brother Tim, blessings be upon you.

Not sure what I’m going to do with a case of vitamin water of dubious nutritional value, but I won’t look a Costco gift horse in the mouth for eating a bulk box of crackers, which brings me to:

Costco product trip report:

These (local?) crackers are extremely my poo poo. They taste like the crispy crust of a nice San Francisco sourdough baguette, with the welcome addition of sea salt. Pair them with the variety pack of presliced cheeses from the deli section for maximum enjoyment.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Joined the Sherpa throw club, the cat laid down on the blanket three hours ago and has not gotten up.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I’m in a bind, brothers. I spend about $600/month tithing to the faith every month, and raking in that sweet executive cash back. However, there is an opportunity for double-dipping here with credit card cash back. But alas, I do not have a Visa card, and do not wish to get Costco’s own card as I already have a Citi card that suits my purposes much better (miles).

Could one simply launder the money by ordering a Costco gift card online with a non-Visa gift card to get the credit card rewards, and using the gift card as payment in the store instead? 🤔

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
My god, Popcornopolis is amazing

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Teikanmi posted:

@Arbitrary C great haul but everyone knows Russet is the superior potato and Yukon Golds are too starchy and rubbery when you mash them,

Kirkland’s own house-made mashed potatoes (in the deli area) are made from Yukon Golds, trust in the lord to lead you to potato enlightenment.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
I can never use all of the milk up anyway, so I just pour about 1/8 of the jug down the drain when I first open it so that subsequent pours are easy peasy. :ssh:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

The Midniter posted:

Costcotip: check your own receipts carefully for the time being. Got charged for an extra pack of canned chicken, and the guy at the podium taking care of the refund said they had a brand new register system and were still getting used to it. Not sure if it's nationwide or just my 'Stco, but word to the wise.

This happened to me too. It was an item that had a coupon so we were erroneously charged for a second item and the coupon was automatically added on, the cashier realized the error, removed the item, but the $6 off coupon stayed. It feels a little like stealing from the collection plate, but it’s my fiancé’s account and there’s no way he’ll go back and wait in line at the service counter to fix it, so :shrug:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Schmeichy posted:

the new kirkland little round cheeses.

Desire to know more intensifies :stare:

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
The polish is so goddamn tasty but every single time I eat it I poo poo like a malfunctioning convenience store nacho cheese machine for days on end. By removing the polish from the menu, Costco is saving me from this fate. Truly, Costco loves us and knows what’s best for us.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Pesto definitely goes bad after it’s been open for a while, freeze the extra in an ice cube tray as was suggested upthread.

Unless you really want to put the Kirkland toilet paper and Kirkland Imodium through it’s paces, that is.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

My local Costco once accidentally filled their tanks with diesel instead of gas, my mom’s car got proper hosed

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Hypnolobster posted:

The mozzarella sticks are full blown obnoxiously delicious. It's a real problem.

Rather than go cold turkey I decided to ease myself into dieting. First thing I did was cut my Costco mozzarella stick consumption by 50% and I immediately lost 13 pounds. Water weight, blahblahblah, but a good bit of that had to have been gooey mozzarella goodness.

I miss them. :(

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ how many mozzarella sticks were you eating

6-8 sticks almost every night. I have a small chest freezer that was purchased purely to hold mozzarella sticks, these days it’s more like 1/3 mozzarella sticks and 2/3 Normandy blend

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Yesterday I visited the church and purchased a bottle of the insanely delicious garlic-infused olive oil. I loaded everything into the backseat of my brand new car, and when I got home found out that the glass olive oil bottle was broken. It was definitely already broken when I picked it up in the store, as everything that had been situated under the bottle in the cart was streaked with oil. During the car ride home the bottom half of the bottle basically dissolved into small glass shards, and dumped about half a liter of oil all over the (again) brand new upholstery.

I took my receipt back to the ‘co, expecting to easily get the olive oil refunded for my trouble, but the customer service lady was extremely unhelpful. She demanded that I return the bottle and the oil to get a refund, even though I showed her photos of the stained backseat upholstery and the glass/oil is now mixed with a swirl of upholstery shampoo in the belly of my shop vac.

A manager ultimately refunded my got dang $8.89, but my faith is shaken. Still drowned my sorrows in a hot dog + soda with refill though.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh poo poo. Are you going to have to professionally get that out?

Orrrr...... Costco might sell a good upholstery cleaner. :haw:

Sadly the ‘co does not sell an upholstery cleaner, but I did get the stains out with a wet vac and a whole lot of Dr. Bronner’s.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
It’s time for a new mattress (Cal king), so naturally I’m going straight to the ‘co. Does anyone have a recommendation, and has anyone done their “white glove” delivery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Someone must have heard y'alls pleas: Stacy's Pita chips are back, baby.

At my store they brought back the pita chips... and made space for them by discontinuing the Boudin Bakery sourdough crisps :mad:

I rescued the last four bags of crisps that were haphazardly stacked in the new pita chip display, PBUC