Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FogHelmut posted:

Their knockoff outdoor clothing is pretty good. Softshell jackets and puffer coats are pretty much identical to Colombia and North Face.

Yea, I wear that stuff, it's pretty good. We also carry the real brands like Patagonia and stuff but even at 30% off rei price I'm still gonna wear the $30 off brand poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Veskit posted:

What kind of rear end in a top hat tries to say costco isn't worth it especially with the god drat return policy guys that motherfucking return policy is the beeeeeeessssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttt

Hey, I used that playset for ten years before my kids moved away and a hurricane hit us, but I need a refund.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FogHelmut posted:

Considering Kirkland Signature sunglasses. Please advise.

Like the $30 regular ones? I got those and they are pretty good, polarized and about a year of constant use(got pterygium) in and they are holding up well. Also the systane drops I use are pretty cheap there.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

binge crotching posted:

I've only seen them in Asia, but they are so good that I keep hoping they'll show up in the US at some point.

At the Austin costco I go it's like 1/3 asain and still no bulgolgi bake. Got the presauced stuff at the deli though and that is a good quick dinner fry with some stir fry veggies and a handfull out of the giant rice bag.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm still salty that they got rid of this pineapple habanero sauce that was really friggin good. Even though I cleared out what they had when I saw it was going away and I've still got a couple bigass bottles left I still could use more.

They moved the red pepper thing they got from those people onto closeout so hopefully they will get it back soon. Slow cooked a pork lion in that sauce and it was one of the best things ever.

binge crotching posted:

Why doesn't Costco offer oil changes? It'd be nice to drop my car off and have them take care of that while I'm dropping a couple hundred on alcohol and groceries

Pretty much every tire shop operates at a loss, so with disposal fees it would be even more is what I think.

slave to my cravings posted:

I spent like 300$ today on Kirkland polo shirts and food. Those madras lentils are great I don't know how I've skipped over them for so long.

Praise be to Costco.

Love me some lentils, stock up on cases when on rebate for easy lunches that I keep in my locker at work for when I forget to get my lunch since I work first shift at 4am. Also keep a box in my car so I have something to hand out to the homeless people at the stoplights sometimes that is in a pouch so doesn't require opening and already has spices added to it so is tasty.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Does anyone's Co' still have Chamelon cold brew in the 64oz boxes? It seems to have vanished from all the Houston stores. It was a significantly better deal (like $16 for 64oz) vs $1/oz for the 10oz bottles at HEB.

We had some today in Austin but it was low. I can check tomorrow if we're still carrying it, it sold way better than that bottled coffee we had.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Rutibex posted:

i'm going to believe a law professor over a costco manager

I'm going to believe a doctor over a rutabaga.

Croatoan posted:

That's the one. they switched it from 1 64oz jar to 2 32oz jars wrapped together. Might have gone up to $10 but still god drat thats a good deal. I eat them on salads or chicken over the course of like 3 -4 months.

I also buy their roaster chicken two packs for like $7-8 depending on the weight.

Found those once with a $4 rebate, paid three bucks for two whole chickens.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 23, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Get the KS kettle sea salt chips next time. So loving good and the chips seem extra strong somehow and can get a deep dip before breaking. Also, Vanilla has gone up at Costco as well as the rest of the world. It's like 20something for the same size as it was.

Edit: If you can get those red white and blue two packs of chips, loving get them. They are amazing and it is a shame they are a seasonal item. Delicious chips and those colors are the colors of the potatoes, no loving food dye in there.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 15, 2017

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
We got washable diapers but still get our wipes at Costco. Just busted into the third case and baby is almost a year. So nice when you're about to run out of a pack and can just go grab another pack of 100 wipes out of the closet.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

grillster posted:

The 4 for $12 pack pizza:

The cheese frozen pizza were just on sale for something like 4 for $6 or something. I like the thin crust pep pizza, add some onion and jalepeno to it when you throw it in. Grab a ceasar salad pack and boom, dinner is done for the family in like 12 minutes.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Anyone used costco travel for theme parks? My wife really wants to go to Universal in Orlando and was thinking about booking it through them.

We looked at it when we had our honeymoon in NZ, but just decided to get tickets and rent a camper ourselves since it was cheaper even though it didn't include as much stuff.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just wanted to say that scott 1000 stuff is terrible. They bought it to stock since the store was out of KS. Stuff rubbed my rear end raw after a week of work poopin, had to start bringing my own kirkland from home.

Had some inspectors come by today for my 1 year inspection, first people we've had in the house in a month. They saw the pack of clorox wipes we had and were amazed and said they couldn't find them anywhere, so we gave them a package when they left. My wife has been giving people at her work packs of TP if they said they were running out and couldn't find anything. We all gotta help each other out as much as we can right now, even little things like that can make someones day. I gotta go to work every day, so grabbing something like that is no problem, but keeping someone from making a trip out they don't have to make helps.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

McGurk posted:

Melona popsicles are so good I almost don’t mind they got rid of the Helados

We have both right now at my store. We also have a lot of new desserts that I've first seen this year. Not sure if they're just testing them or what. We had a biscoff ice cream bar, mini ice cream sandwiches, s'mores, and just got in taiyaki with custard filling. Usually only getting a couple pallets and it being deleted a month later.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Supreme Allah posted:

After two weeks of frustration with the moron rear end in a top hat butt bitches at the tire center, and probably 10 phone calls and two in-person visits, finally my issue was fixed by getting hold of a manager. these assholes jerked me around so much it's still got me a little mad, and yeah i took it out on everyone because god loving dammit. But this awesome dude was able to fix my issue inside of a few minutes. Sometimes channeling your inner karen pays off.

What was your issue?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

I get these in hatch chile when they come around. I put them on salads instead of croutons, sandwiches for extra crunch, burgers, and I topped green bean casserole with them for holiday meals. They're good but the bottom of the bag is mostly crumbs so good for things you want them crumbled in.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.

I just dunk it in del primo habanera sauce and it's good enough on non taco days at work.

Our warehouse morning crew orders breakfast tacos twice a week.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Renegret posted:

One time I only needed like 5lbs in a single tire so I tried to use a bicycle pump. That was a loving mistake I tell you what

Second bonus is that I don't have to go out with my wife's car when she needs air. She's car dumb and I don't think I can handle teaching her how to do it herself. One day she calls me from her drive home and says, hey I have a light on my dash that looks like a butt do I need to worry??? I was able to just take care of it when she got home.

"There's a blue sailboat warning on my dash, what do I do."

Edit: we used to have to grab a cart crew person to help fill tires during the cold dips, we would have a constant stream of cars wrapped around the back of the building to get filled on the first day it dropped under 40.

take me you ANIMAL fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

This is from last year. This march is the new employee agreement. Every three years they update with input from all the warehouses and stuff. So it's going up another dollar to $17 I'm pretty sure. As well as we're getting a second floating holiday in addition to one for MLK. And all the holidays Costco is closed are paid days off.