Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Grimey Drawer

The Saucer Hovers posted:

The Costco I'm forced to shop at is the busiest Costco in the world.

If you think you've suffered come to my Costco.

I let my membership expire for this reason. The closest Costco to me always had a completely full parking lot, you had to go at like 2pm on a workday to make it tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Grimey Drawer

I will say, as a pesto nerd, that the jumbo bottle of pesto they sell at Costco is awesome. Great price, great quality.

Can one of you active Costco goons hook me up with a quick price quote for 4 tires? Website won't allow non-Costco proles like myself to get prices on certain items.

Michelin - Premier LTX

Item #: 1087715
Manufacturer Part #: 93425
Tire Size: 265/60R18 110T

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Glazier posted:

Regular Price:$204.99 Each
Price(Set of 4): $819.96

Cool thanks mang. I think Costco might end up cheaper than tirerack + delivery + installation. Plus Costco uses nitrogen to inflate the tires.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

They've changed their pesto several times over the past 15+ years, it used to be amazingly good with lot of pine nuts and basil, now it's more on the cheesy side and more cheap filler stuff so it's not as good. Still decent buy though.

Haven't bought Costco pesto in a few years and hearing that vexes me greatly. Cheesy pesto is loving weak.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Anyone bought a car through Costco recently? Can you get a significantly better deal than normal dealership bargaining?

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I just ate the last of my costco pesto, and now I am wistful.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

nah it's totally worth it even for a single person.

Truth my dude. I bought my car through Costco, as well as cruise tickets. For non-perishables, poo poo is just fine, who cares if I have buy 36 diet cokes at a time. Now, when I am forced to purchase a bag of 2,000 pomelos or whatever, I just bring them into work and sell or gift my spare. Same with buying the Kirkland Flonase the other day. Kept 2, sold 3 at work. People were happy to pay 50% of what they normally would for knock-off Flonase.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Trader Joe's sauerkraut. Drained, rinsed, lightly seasoned with celery seed, thyme, paprika, black pepper, and some brown sugar. Mix with a beer.

Brown the bratwursts in a pan with bacon fat. Don't worry about cooking them through. Add sauerkraut beer mixture. Simmer until liquid is mostly reduced, about 15-20 minutes.

Alternate method - don't brown the brats, throw them in raw with the kraut. After simmering, remove and grill to get some color on them.

This guy eats.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Went to Micro Center yesterday, and when I was checking out I asked how much they were selling the 256GB USB sticks for. Dude told me $70 something. When I balked, he mentioned that Costco had them for $40 something. Employees of rival companies must still bend the knee to Costco.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

bloodysabbath posted:

We decided on a last minute trip to Canada and passed not one but two Costcos after the border crossing. Costco extends across all nations, all cultures & creeds. We are all equal in the eyes of value.

A couple weeks ago, I took a train from Madrid to Barcelona. Passed by a Costco in Getafe on the outskirts of Madrid. Apparently this was one of the two Costcos in Spain.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

moolchaba posted:

Keep the intruder away from the Kirkland!!!

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I'm making my way through the one trillion pack of veggie burgers. I give them an 8.5 out of 10, not bad at all and a great value.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

What do y'all think of the 48 ounce jug of Kirkland Minced California Garlic? Maybe it's the citric acid they include with the garlic, but the convenience of pre-minced vs. peeling and slicing actual fresh garlic is not worth the taste. Does anyone have good luck with this stuff? Now I have 47 ounces and no real desire to make my way to the bottom of the jug.

I also purchased lunch, one slice of cheese pizza, and a fountain drink. I opted out of my refill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Moey posted:

I've never had an issue with using minced jar garlic when cooking. You could return it?

Nah, I've had other brands in the past and they tasted similar, guess I just don't like it jarred.