Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I think I did a bad thing at Costco today. I wasn't paying any attention when checking out and didn't realize they didn't have two persons on the checkout. The cashier was prettty rude to me and I was a little confused. When I started to leave she very loudly thanked the person behind me for putting their groceries on the belt. So yiiiikes. Never had that happen before.

Edit: this page is dedicated to being a good Costco shopper, unlike me

Edit edit: actually no it's dedicated to this particular cashier going to gently caress themselves

Rufio fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
If I had the gun, I could've probably scanned it all without removing anything.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

They just added self checkout to our store but you have to take everything out of your basket and balance it on a tiny little bagging area. No thanks lol. Just gimme the gun and let me scan away please.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Make sure to get a bag of those honey butter nuts

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Went in for the Bissell Crosswave and walked out with it and a giant plush Chewbacca. Would I have gotten it even without a 9month old? V possible

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

What is the appeal of these Hue bulbs?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I had a slice of pepperoni pizza last time I went to the Co and I was very disappointed. I don't think I've experienced a greasier pizza in my life. I couldn't even finish it.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Behotti posted:

My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

Like everyone else said, the diaps, wipes, and formula are a must buy. I will also add that the pouches of stoneyfield whole milk yogurt are a great buy.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

So at one point I shared with the thread how an employee was mad at me for not putting my items on the belt at checkout. Since then I have been very diligent about facing all my items barcode up to make it easy to just shoot them all and move along quickly.

I usually go alone to Costco but last time I went with my wife. She witnessed me being weird about organizing the cart and thought my behavior was very strange. I told her how easy it would make checkout and the employees would appreciate it. She doubted me big time and continued to ridicule me while I rearranged the cart constantly.

Well we got to checkout and the cashier looks at my cart and actually says "aw yeah". Cue my poo poo eating grin.

Thank you, thread, for showing me the way.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Oh good lets turn my post into talking poo poo on my wife

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You put small, easy to lift items on the belt and large or heavy things like bottled water and toilet paper in the cart. It is a dick thing to leave everything in the cart.

I also turn barcodes up for the things I leave in the cart.

Sure seemed like a dick move when the cashier was excited about how I had already arranged my cart the way they wanted it.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Somebody else said it already but Home Depot has figured out self checkout somehow. They give you the gun, it can quickly scan, and their system doesn't care about if you're bagging or not. It's glorious.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I pressure wash my cast iron biannually

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Well they aren't gonna use that gas and now it's gonna go bad!

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Was it your last $22? Did it overdraw your account? What's the reasoning behind not just filling up?

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

lmao you almost had to pay for your own gas for once, so you wanna get some poor sap fired. Get over yourself.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

number 1 snake fan posted:

It does when they stand in front of their gas tank the entire time they fill up so they're standing in the passing lane. Then they give you the White Look™ when you pull into the center and they won't move

Lmao there is no way this is a problem for you. You just wanted to bust out this term you made up that nobody else knows wtf you mean

Wtf is going on with this thread and pumping gas

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I was hesitant to switch to a battery stick vacuum after using a canister for years but man it is great. I vacuum so much more often because it's so convenient to just grab it and go. I got a Tineco from a prime deal because all the top brands are so pricey.

As for Costco I finally took advantage of their return policy when we discovered we loved our air fryer so much that the 6q just wasn't going to cut it. I gotta admit I felt a little silly walking in with just my appliance that I had used for a month and a half, no box no paperwork or anything. However it was no problem. PBUC

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Russian Smetana or nothing

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Every morning I wake up and open palm slam 10 cups of coffee in my Mr Coffee.

Aeropress looks neat but not enough girth for me.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Abyss posted:

Had all my items in the cart barcode face up and the cashier helper just took it all out and put it on the belt. Makes me wonder if I’m doing it wrong.

Just tell em it's ready to shoot!

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Taking the old appliances away and delivery is most important. Tbh if you can't install a dishwasher or washer/dryer then you fail as a homeowner.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I bought a new chest freezer but they didn't install it for me so it sits here in my living room.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

We get the orange bag cause we couldn't bring ourselves to buy our cats something called Maintenance Cat.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Pumpkin pie is just fraudulent sweet potato pie.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Anyone have any experience with the Mohawk Home luxury vinyl planks? I am looking to replace the carpet in bedrooms and it looks like a decent option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

Hi I'm the entire extended family taking samples while not paying attention to anything around me