Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Has anybody bought chicken wing packages either fresh or frozen? Doesn't seem like huge bag of butchered poultry is normally associated with quality, even if I'm otherwise happy with their beef/pork.

When I search at all I only see things like weird ASMR videos of people eating food court wings from Costco (what?)

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

StormDrain posted:

They only stock frozen at mine, and I was impressed with the sizes of the wings. They were great!

They do that ice wall thing that keeps them from being freezer burned and they keep well in the bag.

Awesome, thank you.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

One time we found a powdered dry Parmesan that had no cellulose and such. It was from Cello the same company that makes the Parmesan crisps (whisps?) we sometimes find there. It was really quite good for a shelf-stable dry Parmesan, but we only saw it one time so I guess it wasn't popular enough.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah what kinda steaks are they mechanically tenderizing? I just wouldn’t buy them. And if I did buy them I’d make them into chili or something.

Very sadly I think most costco stores do this to almost all their steaks, even like tenderloin and rib eye. It's quite ludicrous. The only way to avoid it is to buy the full roasts and cut them yourself, so that's all I ever do.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

I managed to get a box of the kirkland disinfecting wipes even though they always show out of stock when searching for them. I had them on my 'list' and the add to card button was lit up so there you go. Shopping at costco online is pretty annoying, but unfortunately I live in Iowa and it's just not safe to shop anywhere really. I miss the meat department. Costco needs curbside pickup or something, even though I know that would be nuts.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

I imagine that online was a pretty small portion of their business before the pandemic. I know I never had anything delivered ever before March, but because I unfortunately live in Iowa it's just flat out unsafe to go in.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Man I'm so torn, I've just been doing mail order from costco for the past ~6 months, but it's not especially cost effective (everything is marked up for delivery). I saw an article about Costco saying they're not interested in curbside pickup because it would be understandably hard or expensive. But my local Sam's club does it including for frozen or refrigerated stuff. Would be nice to be able to get large vac packed meats for smoking and stuff again.

Our membership is up shortly and I'm not sure it's worth it just for mail order anymore, since I can't imagine setting foot in there until at least April next year, or even later.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

phosdex posted:

I bought a box of those Stroopwafels yesterday. Warmed one over my coffee cup this morning like the box suggests. Very tasty.

I must be the only one that didn't like these. Even when quite warm the filling was tough and grainy, did not resemble caramel or syrup at all.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

fischtick posted:

Passed on the Stroopwafels and went with the super cheap, $4 box of Biscoff cookies. Funny, I think of both of them as "plane food." My daughter wants to make Biscoff cookie cheesecake, and I keep telling her how bad an idea that is when we have no company to share with. Does cheesecake freeze well?

I love the Biscoff cookies. Try regular peanut butter between two to make your own nutter butters. For leftover cheesecake, cut off the crust (just eat it) and freeze in chunks, once hard vacuum seal them so they keep. Then you can make a simple slightly sweet batter and do deep fried cheesecake balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

SchnorkIes posted:

I want to go to the Costco with the parking lot in the store

In Iowa City the Costco has indoor parking. I think I heard it was some kind of boat factory/warehouse or something, not certain. It's very nice indeed in the winter.