Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I am very confused. I took my car for an oil change at the dealer. I've been mostly been filling it with Costco gas since I got it in October. The dealer recommended I not fill it with Costco gas.

The gently caress? :raise:

I want to say don't take your car to the dealer for oil changes but who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Their meat department is full of stuff like that.

Their ground beef is sold in ~6 lb packs for $3 a pound which was 50 cents per pound cheaper than my local grocer whose price was already on sale.

Weight out the pack into 1 pound blobs, place into freezer bags, press them out flat, then freeze until needed. Freezing them flat makes them thaw quickly when needed (I've thawed them in less than 30 min under a slow trickle of cool water).

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/gspeng/status/1014306850689277952?s=21

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Can someone just clarify for me the different benefits of the Costco card versus executive membership?

One earns points and the other nets you a bonus on your membership anniversary, right?

Thinking about switching over our main card to the Costco branded one. Isnít it also used as a membership card too?

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Also, if milk is like that, just return it.

I once got a bag of shredded cheese and it had mold already in it. They took it back without question.

Brothers and sisters, I have finally gotten my own membership for my wife and I at the ĎCo. An Executive one at that!

No more mooching off a family member. We are fully fledged church goers now.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. My Costco today had these Kirkland steak treats.

Like thick jerky (so much so you have to refrigerate it after opening) and oh my god it is amazing.

PBUC

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Those are the ones.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Went to church for essentials and ended up taking home some prepared Indian food that was pretty tasty.

Iím sure itís no where near authentic but gently caress it, Iíll take tasty any day.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

AmbientParadox posted:

This is an extremely hot take.

I settled on the California Olive Oil. Itís a 1L bottle so when we wrap that up weíll try some avocado oil

California Olive Oil is our normal go-to as well.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I loving love cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEg2NT4HDpY#t=172s

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 27, 2019

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo. The Costco app will now report gas prices at Costco locations. Nice!

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

"Cheaper than everywhere else, but you already know that" is only slightly useful.

Actually, I can now see my local Costco in the Chicago area has the lowest gas prices of all the Costcos around.

And I know which to avoid (but those areas already had higher than average prices for non-Costco gas).

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Is a Mobile app that will actually keep me signed in coming too?

Not empty quoting.

Also, a mobile app thatís more than just a wrapper for the mobile website.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Went to church the other day and saw they had an in-house pre-made chicken street tacos kit. Picked it up, had it for dinner and it was rad. Would definitely recommend.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Anyone have the Citi Costco credit card? Reviews are either totally positive or SCAM/AWFUL!!!

It's a standard credit card with a few caveats.

It offers great cash back on gas (4%). Travel and restaurants are 3% as well.

If you're looking to maximize your points/cash back, other cards can do that better (especially if your spending is in other categories) but it's a solid all-around card.

The other caveat is you only receive the cash back in an annual check.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Went to my Costco today and there were no sample carts anywhere.

It was heavenly.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

OLED is nice but Samsung's QLED technology is superior.

:thatsbait.gif:

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

Hm, drat. Maybe it is more regional, like Bitchin' Sauce.

Bitchiní Sauce just made itís appearance at my suburban Chicago Costco. I think theyíre going national.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I honestly prefer the House Roast. A nice balance of roast and perk.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thatís correct.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

who's your crawdaddy posted:

Re: Coffee grinders, Americas Test Kitchen did blind taste tests with several coffee roasters and baristas and they could not tell the difference between brews done with blade grounds and grounds from the Baratza Encore (their winner for consistent grind size). They did have a special technique they used for the blade grind, pulsing on and off for 1 second so the beans don't just hover along the top, and then shaking to redistribute in between pulses. I thought it was interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7LAzSKgeoQ

In other news I just reupped my membership because of this thread. Anyone have experience with the Kirkland boxer briefs?

This makes sense. Burr grinders are great if you really, really need consistent grind size (like for Espresso or french press).

If you are just throwing the grinds into a drip machine, pour over setup or an aeropress, it matters a lot less.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

iMonarch posted:

I've been following this thread for two years and finally paid my tithings to the church for membership. Is there anything else beyond the sacrament dog (and soda) and sherpa blanket that a young parishioner might need?

When youíre ready, get tires. Just got new ones today and it was a steal (compared to tire shops).

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

What's up with this, anyway? Are those displays at all effective without the goodies?

They certainly werenít effective today.

I walked past and politely shook my head to decline. Then I heard the vendor mumble something about me being too busy to stop as I continued walking away.

Might be the first time I ever saw one of the sample vendors really pursue a sale. And be all sassy about it. Very strange.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

Hey all, anyone here ever use the Costco mortgage services? I'm in the market for a new home so of course I'd consider using the church to which I belong, if it makes sense. Any feedback on the service to provide? Looks like it just may be a platform to other online banks, but unclear what value the Costco edge brings to it.

Like the car buying service, itíll get you a pretty good rate/discount with no fuss. Theyíll cut some servicing fees just because youíre a Costco member and the rate is usually pretty good.

That said, you can do better doing all the work/research yourself. Itís just a matter of personal preference. Your future mortgage will likely be sold to a major bank shortly afterwords anyways.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Friends, I have a new washer and dryer set courtesy of Costco. Delivery people (while not formally part of the church) came during the specified window and had everything all hooked up and ready inside an hour. Great price too.

Next yearís costco rebates are going to be sick (executive member and citi card holder).

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

Friends, I have a new washer and dryer set courtesy of Costco. Delivery people (while not formally part of the church) came during the specified window and had everything all hooked up and ready inside an hour. Great price too.

Next yearís costco rebates are going to be sick (executive member and citi card holder).

I have a stacked PBUC on this as these appliances went on sale Sunday and church is refunding me the cost difference. I donít know exactly when they consider these purchased or if they were just kind but Iíve got $200+ coming back to me.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Donít be intimidated by dry aging either. It can be easily accomplished (or approximated) in your fridge.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

No churros at my local ĎCo today. But theyíve got the new self-checkout lines in.

Iím not a fan per se, but they let me sail through with my big bag oí limes with no waiting.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Tricky Ed posted:

LG C1 when

Never, at the rate the microchip shortage is loving up supply chains.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Nitrousoxide posted:

The ones I got immediately warped, tons of people complain about them doing that on Costco's reviews for those pans too. I ended up buying

https://www.samsclub.com/p/tri-ply-14pc-cookware-set-by-tramontina/prod24931907

And have been extremely happy, no warping. Get some barkeeper's friend to bring it back to a brilliant shine when it gets discolored

I got this set but from Costco a couple months back. Theyíve been great so far (and a fraction of all cladís price).

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I got a new washer and dryer this year and they replaced my water line hookups (the hose connections) and used the existing ducts from the old dryer.

They even added a splitter so my new dryer can use itís steam function but my old dryer couldnít.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Well that's weird since they also sell Kirkland organic chicken stock

Bone broths are just stocks with either salt or vinegar (or both!) added. Thatís it.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

My Costco restocked the Honey Mustard Snack Mix and I almost squealed out loud in the aisle.

This stuff is so bad for my waistline but gently caress it, theyíve been out for months.

BadSamaritan posted:

Tell me about buying a washer and dryer at Costco. Ours is reaching end of life and Iím keepin an eye out for deals.

Iíll reiterate what the other poster said. I didnít get the Allstate extended warranty but it was completely painless

That said, it can be worth it to wait for a sale. I bought mine during a presidentís day special (and got more off nearly a month later when they had an appliance sale that took even more off. They price matched it without question. PBUC). I saved several hundred off of each LG appliance.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 20, 2021

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Otherwise at the end of the month it's all funyons or BBQ chips.

The gently caress?!

Madness.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

My Costco must be weird.

Last week or the week before, no paper towels. Lots of TP.

Today, lots of paper towels, no TP.

Iím not even in a big pandemic-affected area.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Barry posted:

Corelle supremacy

This is the correct take.

Also, weíve got a set of china from our wedding and I donít think weíve used it once. Then again, weíre homebodies and rarely have people over for formal occasions.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I bought a laundry appliance set from Costco. They go on sale pretty regularly and the stacking of executive and Costco cc discounts made it the way to go.

You can pay a bit less from outlets or major sales but you make up for it in the convenience at Costco.

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

gvibes posted:

Picked up my max order of goose island bcbs today, pbuc

Peanut butter pretzels
Chocolate almonds

All good. Also, if they have it in stock, their honey mustard snack mix is so good it should be illegal.

My current fav is a keto ranch snack mix with little Parmesan crisps in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 9, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BadSamaritan posted:

Has anyone gotten holiday cards from their online print center? Itís too late for me to get them this year, but prices are fantastic compared to some of the major competitors.

We just got ours and they turned out great. Lots of designs and quick shipping turnaround (2-3 business days)