Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RZA Encryption posted:

COSTCO MEMES ARE FUNNY

I hand drew him a little blue collared shirt! Let me have this!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I drat near did the same thing this weekend but was too much of a cheapskate to buy that much meat.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I was frustrated when I tried to return a led shop light that was half broken out of the box. They couldn't find it on record and I didn't have the receipt. All I wanted was to exchange it for another and he wouldn't let me. I found the receipt and returned it and got a new one, realizing right then that I could have bought a new one, and used that receipt to return the broken one. Dumb on both of our accounts.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

red19fire posted:

I did it friends, i upgraded to executive. Apparently i spent a bit less than $4k in the previous year. Where does it even go.

Your waistline probably.

I had a banner year where I spent a ton and upgraded but then I realized it was like a set of tires and another irregular purchase that did it, and the next year was lean so it didn't pay for itself and I felt like a chump.

Solution, keep it and spend more obviously. I get 4% back on every purchase why not? And I do need tires again.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I want to buy some winter tires on their next Michelin tire sale but just have them mounted to a spare set of wheels, is that any issue with Costco to mount tires without putting them on your car?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I had an incredible steak dinner last night, but I ended up with a piece of... Gristle or connective tissue stuck between two of my molars. So I said "Wife I should really get some of those floss bow things and stick them in the car for when I need them.

Goddamn Costco had them *on display*, 1 *on sale* and with *refillable travel packs*.

Also I bought 50 daffodil bulbs for $13, which I saw a pack of 45 at Lowes for $20. I'll end up buying another pack of bulbs I can feel it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Probably two days. If I visualize it cut into thrirds that seems like a large but not too large amount for one day.

Either eat across three days or destroy the whole thing in minutes with a stopwatch handy.

I just ordered up my snow tires, even though the flyer says the sales start tomorrow the Tire Center was offering the deal starting today. They were already the cheapest and then you take off another $110, best deal around.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spare set, for two reasons. I got a smaller rim so the tires are cheaper, and I can swap them out at my convenience in the driveway, or it's just a quick $15 change at the local shop. I picked up a set of rims for $300 so it's not that bad overall.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I searched Costco coffin returns and I found this which is, depressing. I understand it but man, that's sad.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

TraderStav posted:

The hardest part is getting the cardboard out to the curb. So if that tells you anything.

Nah you just slice it all up with a box cutter and stack it up, then haul off.

And don't forget to use a new loveseat as a support and slice through that too and ruin it on the first day.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

A lack of self control and a high credit limit.

Ohh I thought that said what do I need now.

Uhh don't shop hungry?
If you're not sure you can use all of somethung before it goes bad, you can't.
Make sure you have room for what you buy.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 5, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ohh one more, if you see something you like thats not food and you don't buy it, you'll never see it again.

And when you impulse buy something and you're unsure about it, it'll be there forever.

And if the price ends in .97 it's on last clearance.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Slack Lagoon posted:

This has happened to me too many times

I tell myself I'll get it next week when I go to Costco. It's never there.

I was lusting after a automotive jack for weeks, maybe months and the day I went to buy it they were out. They looked it up and there were a few available across town, so don't give up!

I've bought a few things that are on mega clearance, like they have three left and just put the prices directly on them and now I search those out.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

That could be an entirely regional problem if Costco just orders one standard distribution of sizes based on national averages. I was looking at golf shorts and they were all in larger sizes like 36-42, no 32s or 30s. I am in Colorado which is one of the leanest states.

If you only find the smaller sizes left, are you in a fatty state like Mississippi?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Rescue Toaster posted:

Has anybody bought chicken wing packages either fresh or frozen? Doesn't seem like huge bag of butchered poultry is normally associated with quality, even if I'm otherwise happy with their beef/pork.

When I search at all I only see things like weird ASMR videos of people eating food court wings from Costco (what?)

They only stock frozen at mine, and I was impressed with the sizes of the wings. They were great!

They do that ice wall thing that keeps them from being freezer burned and they keep well in the bag.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I dropped my truck off for some tires. NH friend sees a 30 second delay and gets a drat slice.

Didn't even get me anything.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fashionably Great posted:

My cat only snuggles with me if a sherpa is involved. Looking forward to buying my annual blanket since the fleece goes all clumpy after a while. I was holding off until there was a sale.

I already have a blanket my cat loves but for ten dollars... Maybe I need two.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Welcome to the land of milk and IPAs. Our local church in Denver Metro started carrying beer after a law change this year. A full isle of local and other domestic crafts and macros. It's very nice. I did have to choose whether or not I wanted a true local in Upslope or Breckenridge owned by Anheuser and I went for Breck this time. I still feel kinda lovely about it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Yall are a bad influence, I find myself off work early and drop a bill. I got new fire extinguishers for the trucks since I used one this weekend, and some Renegade beer brewed local.

Plus the good snow brushes are back! I bought my truck in the spring and I was too late to get a good one anywhere.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

21" is a weird size, what year and model is that?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Yall bleeding into my real life as my neighbor just bought a fit.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Lemme know when it's a box of MD 20/20 with a bar of chocolate.

That time of the month eh?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Did anyone get this mailer promising :10bux: if you sign up for automatic renewal of your membership? I did the thing but didn't get any kind of message saying I'd get my dough.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ugh yall got me hosed up. I now have a sherpa blanket on my couch and my cat loves it.

Also on many occasions I've wanted to go shopping but I knew they were closing so I wouldn't go. Today I went at 5 and they close at 6. But the stream of people wasn't stopping even when I left so... I guess I'm over that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FilthyImp posted:

Heard that some Cos had battery powered undercounter lights and Halloween Cookie houses but my local one did not.

Time to hit the other 2 in the area to find them.
But Sherpas, you say????

Next time this happens to you ask them to check the inventory. Better than driving around to find the other stores are out or worse that they have them at the first one but you didn't see them. I went to buy a jack and they found the closest store that still had a couple in stock.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

We have Bitchin Sauce in Denver.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it's very weird that the two Costco items goons go nuts over are a hippy vegan dip and a blanket. thank god for hot dog combos

Honestly the dip is probably awful for the environment since it's almonds which take a ton of water to grow.

And the blankets are all microplastics.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ixo posted:

B̬̗̺ͯ̿͆̎ͬ͊ͯIͫ̅̿͑T̺̻̟̯͎̿̑͌̓ͥ̀C͍̹̪̟͕̯H̼̣̞͗͛̐ͨ̊ͣͅI̝̞̪̪͍̎ͣͩ̒̚ͅN̫̘̈ͪͬ͆̊ ̟̎̓!̝͆̐͗̏́ͤ̚ ͉̘̯̀!̭̙̘͚͇̍́͒̂ ̹̐̋́ͥ͆͐!͉̜̼̯̝͙͈

Is there someone just off camera horrified or just me?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I came home with a shiny two pack of Reynolds wrap after I ran out. Unpack one of them and put it in the drawer, throw the other in the Costco storage next to the two pack I bought last time knowing the end was coming soon from the same roll.

It's like Reynolds Wrappers Delight at my place.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

binge crotching posted:

The lovely thing is that at mine they won't even start on your order until you wait in line to hand the receipt over to the one person doing the kiosk orders. They should have those things ready to go by the time you get there, not make you wait in line in order to then wait for it. There is 0 benefit to the kiosk vs waiting in the normal line, since the normal line is faster.

Oh weird, at ours it prints for them and they just fill orders.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

My wife:"yeah but why did you buy it we don't need another blanket"
Me: sure we do we can both have one on the couch

She proceeded to use the blanket for a whole movie then took it with her to bed. I think its her new favorite.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

We're those people who hand out the tiny play doh. Some kids get real excited so that makes it worth while. I also get backup candy for older kids.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I excitedly pointed them out to my wife who said she never really liked them.

I guess that explains why I ended up eating the bag of mini stroopwaffels I got her from world market.

I doubt I could take down the whole bag myself, so it shall remain a fun treat.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DiggityDoink posted:

Self checkouts are always the slowest lines in regular supermarkets too. It's like anyone over 50 has no clue how to use it.

Preach. And then I get to it and make my order and I'm done in like a fraction of the time. What were the others doing?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chock Full o nuts is only good to have for a container for loose hardware. At least then the label is accurate.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

canyoneer posted:

That brings back a memory. The Costco (then Price Club) that I used to go to as a kid had pneumatic tubes at every register they used for checks and making change at the drawers.

They took them out years ago though.

The P Tube system was a thing of wonder when I was a kid going to Price Club and later early Costco Where do they all go? When do you decide to shoot a load down one? Can you fill it with nickels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I went to make a tire appointment to swap my all season wheels with my winter wheels, but they are full up all week! I guess I'll just do it in the driveway like a common grease monkey .