Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

KakerMix posted:

I unironically like Costco for the way they do business and treat their employees and tell their share holders to go gently caress themselves. Getting poo poo for cheap is a bonus, the way they do business and the quality of their products is the real draw for me. Retail done right.

Also I wish I didn't have empathy!

Actually the ultimate goal of Costco is to "reward our shareholders", which they do as the share price is hovering around $150.

Ask me about waking up at 3am to work at receiving in a Costco warehouse. Actually don't, I have to go to bed in half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

JnnyThndrs posted:

That's par for the course when you do DC and warehouse work though, the fact that I had to get up at 3am to deliver paper products to three different Costco stores 90 miles apart by 6:30am doesn't mean they're a selfish evil company, just means that a lot of stuff needs to happen 24/7.

Oh I wasn't saying they are an evil company or anything, employees are treated pretty well, especially for retail but I just hate having to wake up so early. :firstworldproblems:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Meydey posted:

I want someone to dig thru the clothes piles to find the last, buried 38/34 pair of jeans so I don't get the evil eye from the folder lady two displays away.

As someone who had to be sent out to the floor to fold clothes at 7am during Christmas, I hate everyone that rifles through the clothing tables and leaves them in shambles

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

binge crotching posted:

Pretty sure the staff already had a dog or two before opening. The perks of working next to unlimited beef, a quarter pound at a time.

Not if the management is around, employees Don't get perks like that