Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I can walk to my Costco

It's p.cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Big rear end mixed kale salad bag and a hacked up chicken and that's basically lunch/dinner for a week :krad:

And yeah the raw number of drugs just lying around to buy for dirt cheap is neat too, I will never be out of 5-HTP and dubious sleeping pills again

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

I just want this known.

Kale, in whatever form, is never a +

NEVER

A

+

Whatever goatboy, I got gut flora to look after, and I love to munch on raw kale

Without any dressing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Oooooh buddy, I can not wait till you hit 45+

I'm close enough already, so cheaply eating good salad every day instead of giving into the siren call of 900 pounds of costco pizza is easy enough

I'm genuinely not lying I like kale salad and salads without dressing, just on the side to dip a little. :saddowns:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

You
are
a
liar

No fuckhead, NONE! When given the chance at Kale and loving pizza, and I don't mean san fran pizza, I mean loving meat and cheese pizza, chooses Kale.

Cast off your bonds brother and eat with me!

I will on my cheat day and that ain't till Thursday bucko, I am eating dried tart cherries and some chicken broth and you're gonna have to deal with it

I mean christ 700 calories a slice I think I am a good drat 15 years ahead of my "eat an entire goddamn pizza" phase unless it's a special occasion and I'm high out of my gourd

Protip: giant bags of kale or any costco salad pack is great food to just shovel down your goddamn maw and provides indescribable tactile sensations when you're baked enough to be somewhere over Jupiter

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

gently caress you oval office, I should have gone the other way and been 700 pounds.

Congrats, I went down the same road, it ain't easy

Also I have to eat carefully at times because I have some internal damage from when I was a kid soooooooooooooo kale is cool and gentle unlike the iron fist of 5 pounds of hot raw melted cheese over savory sweet sauce and crunchy salty bread raging through your insides like a great white hot knife. And it is genuinely hard to get down more than a single slice anyways unless I'm higher than a spooked rabbit, because my stomach has shrunk to the point of hating max capacity, which is a pretty great thing

Point is, Costco stands before you, and it says that one will lie, but the other will tell the tru- no, no wait I meant in one hand it holds life and cheap good salad, OR, or in the other hand, Infinite Pizza, choose wisely

Choose both

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

All you have done is maked me liked your posting.

And all you've done is make me want pizza bad enough I'd punch a fat kid into a coma for his piece, thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dogs are ok like once a month, and I bought pizza for work, and I've bought enough frozen fruit to put into a blender and inhale pretty much continuously without break for the next sixteen years

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Meydey posted:

Not my pic, but apparantly this was taken last week at the Seattle Costco. Oh my.

Oh yeah I tried that when I went there

It was pretty good but yeah 1000 cals

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Nobody's forcing you to eat all that dressing.

The dressing doesn't come on the side it comes on the burger itself

Plus as someone else said it's probably that much including a drink which I didn't have, and you know what anyways? I'd be happy if they overshot the calorie count. Easier to just stop and go "Yeah one slice on a Friday and that's that"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got a shitload to do today so maybe I'll swap my cheat today to now instead of tomorrow and go try the burger again sans dressing after working up a proper appetite, sure as hell beats what any other non-restaurant place can offer

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

Ask for a dog as dressing instead of the dumb sauce.

I'm gonna have to ask you to back down a little on the doggin', it's starting to get weird

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

binge crotching posted:

drat, I was hoping it would come in a container on the side if you asked for it instead of pre-sauced.

I don't see why you couldn't, in fact I'll ask just for that "hey yeah hey hi hello can I am here to get my burg on, SOS please"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Look, here, calm the hell down, here it is. This is it. It's a pretty sizeable burger. Got the sauce on the side. It was some kind of darker and more granular thousand island. As far as a burger goes it gets a solid A-. Basically a Costco Big Mac. Linked for UNFILTERED SHEER BURG SIZE.

http://i.imgur.com/avSBhSH.jpg

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gorman Thomas posted:

The problem with that burg is that it isn't 1.50 for a 100% all beef dog with a 20 oz soda

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Looks amazing! Another easy home run by the babe Ruth of life! Costco!

DID I NOT JUST ASK YOU TO CALM THE HELL DOWN

I bring you the burger and this is the attitude I get :mad:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Gotta say, that doesn't look very good. It's a terrible pic though. Looks plain and dry. Ugh..... I just might have to find out for myself sometime.

edit: nm, I don't have them by me :(

Yes it was a little dry. It also had sauce on side. Yes it's a terrible pic. Try one anyways sometimes it's just a drat ol' burger

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered working for them as a side job just to try to accumulate some bennies and SOME remote feeling of false security in the rapid drain nightmare we're in right now

Yes yes a nightmare made brilliant and bearable in the light of a polish n' pepsi for $2 what I'm saying is I don't understand how Costco hasn't violently exploded as a clear paradox in this reality

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

succ posted:

idk why all this talk on hot dogs. you can get a $10 cheese pizza that is better than any pizza chain out there.

also $1 giant rear end churros

Sometimes for work after a really hard week I like to grab a few pies and just have a little impromptu pizza party for everyone, and the fact that they cost $10 instead of $25 like a lot of place is what gets me to do that

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

There. A brief look from a dying phone of my haul. Got some brie to spoil myself.

http://i.imgur.com/2oLTuTC.gif

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That looks like a drat good nutritious haul. Costco wants you to be happy and healthy.

No dog though. But hey, sometimes poo poo happens and we can't get one.

No, no dog. Trying to keep it gentle on my gut and eat only good right now.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Alright you lot of cultist dog-throating valuehaving fucks, I dropped in today and my haul was one of those new fangled coffee grinders built into a maker for poo poo cheap, a ton of smoothie packets, nutrition gummies, almonds, coffee beans, socks, and a huge rear end protein powder bag

Now go right to hell while I eat this pizza slice I got without a soda while walking right by that dog :boom:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

lil salt, lotta pepper, touch of red chili flakes, honey mustard dipping sauce for each end

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

drat did you really add salt to that?

yeah but it was a seasoned multispce kinda salt, and only along the top ridge by the crust so it soaks in and makes the bread tastier at the end when dipping

the rest was a blanket black blizzard of pepper speckled with red

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dr. Capco posted:

Putting black pepper on pizza instead of red flake like The Good Lord® intended :catstare:

when I was in college for a bit I used to once a week get their surprisingly good cheese pizza slice with a shitload of ground pepper and honey mustard sauce, and it's pretty good so I still do it now and then with extra stuff when I feel like it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That sounds horrendous.

I'm gonna take your dollar dog and smash it on the sidewalk and let the crows eat it.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

hey guess what

costco has poo poo on its hands

maybe not as much as the next giant but it still benefits from an unfair hosed up system, congrats

:capitalism:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

do you have anything original or funny to say about it

anything

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I need to go buy a new tub of coconut oil to slather myself with, old one finally ran out and summer is comin' soon

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Money is about to get murderously, razor margin paycheck to paycheck tight, so suddenly needing to save and basically not eat or buy food for three months is pretty alright since one paycheck stopoff can usually load me safe for a month

Just gonna buy gross bags of nuts n' fruit for light subsistence snacking along with protein bars and lots of little salad maker bits and pretend my local mart I blow too much on for dumb poo poo no longer exists

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They have Alpastors at a little breakfast n' bar by where I live, and they are really drat good. Also thank you all for the suggestions. I'll be fine with a few slow smart choices, after I budget the next paycheck and then line up the dates and deadlines. Then I can work out something and go shop on a quiet day and have my pick of the trove. Might get foodstamps, yeah! If I land an interview this June though, I won't have to worry about stamps, but not before another good half year stretch, since I'll need to get my license renewed, and will need to buy a new/used car. Maybe a fiat if that whole $99 month poo poo is true and not a dirty trap. Realistically I'll try first through Costco!! I have to see if I even make the interview. This is a new and exciting leap into unknown territory in a bloodhanded stake to claim some freedom through a ladder rung leap, and Costco has helped make the pole less greasy. I want the credit card very bad, but I was turned down for just plain not having credit from a lifetime of weird spending precautions to never have debt. Think I've said as much before. I need to get one through my bank and pray to build enough good credit fast to grab onto the card and reap the benefits in an attempt to escape growing poverty.

If this all lines up on the knife's edge it's bleeding on, I'll finally fuckin' give and just once say the holy word you Happy Happyists all keep hailing with. Promise.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

They're awesome

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got the burger this time. Its ok for $5. Little too bready. Also that aa berry thing does not gently caress around.

Food supply locked down for the lean save months. Got a fresh tub of coconut oil since summer is here soon. I remember last summer it got just hot enough to be liquid for days.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

God drat all you dog swilling kraut-eyed fanatic cult bastards, order the freakin salad or that parfait for once

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Do you NOT eat cold pizza the next morning? Its perfectly good then, cool and soft and the flavor a little condensed. Ive done that with Costco pizza even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Ah yes let me count the calories of a shepherd's pie dinner.

You gently caress. You waste of a mouth.

back down, the power of bulk savings is deforming your weak mortal brain