Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

I usually get:
Kirkland Sonoma County Chardonnay (this is different from their regular Chardonnay)
Kirkland 90/10 ground sirloin 5x 1lb
Chicken breasts, the kind that are 2 per pack
Kirkland organic hummus in single serve cups
Honest kids juice boxes
Kirkland TP
Kirkland paper towels
Kirkland diet citrus green tea

Other regulars:
Canned mushrooms
Organic diced tomatoes
Kirkland garbage bags
Kirkland dye free laundry detergent
Kids clothes
Wholly guacamole single serve cups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

Any other major items worth stocking up on?

Dry pasta
Canned veggies (I get mushrooms and tomatoes)
Seasonings (Salt, pepper, taco mix)
Medicine/vitamins
Kirkland protein bars

I keep adding stuff to my Costco list based on this thread and my next visit is going to be painfully awesome.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Adding to that, I get the Kirkland brand TP and paper towels which are good quality for a "generic" brand.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

A miracle this night....

(From Facebook friend of a friend)

Was just at Costco, I miscalculated how much money I had on me so I was putting back two outfits I had for Clara, the lady in line behind me bought them for her & told me to give her a hug from her ❤❤

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I'm hosting a backyard BBQ soon and going to tithe at Costco. What are everyone's​ favorites to feed lots of people? Besides the dogs of course. I need some sides or extras.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

.... how much butt paper costs the heretics.

New thread title please

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I'm having the party tomorrow and did my shopping today. I'm bummed they had a seven layer dip a few weeks ago when I was scouting but there wasn't any today. I did get the Greek pasta salad though.

I spent tithed $468 so that should get me into Costco have for sure.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

They got rid of the self checkouts at mine. I used them a lot but there were always problems (stuff not scanning, coupons not ringing up correctly when they did coupons) so I think it's for the better. The checkout people are true professionals who know how to get poo poo done quickly.

PBUC
~ Ketchup Apostate~

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

My faith was tested last weekend, friends. The food court was closed.

I got some sherpas for gifts though so my faith was only shaken.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Anyone try the cilantro lime shrimp that's precooked in the deli section? Thinking about picking it up for a xmas appetizer.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Costco was open until 7 tonight so I was able to sneak in out in 30 minutes, not including a dog. Got some of those cilantro shrimp!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Fellis posted:

What are the pro-tier hors d’oeuvres to get at costco for my new years eve party. I got the huge pastry pack last year but they were just okay. I saw they have better selection this year

I'm passing on the blessings from like a page ago where someone recommended the garlic lime shrimp and they are truly a gift. Since they are already cooked and the tail removed, just put them in a fancy bowl or make little cracker/shrimp/avocado bites.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Laterite posted:

Does anyone have recipes that they use with the lime shrimp? Or do you just heat it up a little and go to town?

I've been eating them plain and cold but last weekend I made a shrimp salsa that turned out pretty good.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

It's fine to drink Bulleit again if that was stopping you: http://www.kentucky.com/news/business/article195325484.html

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Taima posted:

Oh I get it, you're saying that because she got money it's ok, gotcha

e: for the record I posted the article because it was requested by a poster, not to indicate my personal opinion, so this isn't me defending either party. Your rationale is just poo poo, so I'm pointing that out.

I was just pointing out the first article wasn't current. Drink whatever bourbon you want or have a dog and soda with free refills and let the feelings wash past you.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I also went to Costco today for steaks. It was busier at 1pm then it is on most Saturdays. $120 in steak later, I emerge victorious.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Finally had one of those Tasty Bite Tikka Masala pouches. Had it over white rice. The rice took a while but 1 minute in the microwave for the tikka masala.

:discourse:

Pro Tip : Buy the Uncle Ben's rice in the 90 seconds bags in your flavor of choice like jasmine/brown/basmati for a super quick, super filling meal.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I don't get produce often but my kids eat fruit by the ton and I feel like it stays fresh forever. The last boatload of grapes we got lasted two weeks and the precut broccoli longer. I joke with my husband that I don't know what they irradiated it with but it lasts a long time. Long enough that we actually eat all of it without throwing any away.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I bought this at Christmas as an easy-to-set-out snack and I didn't care for it at all. I liked one out of bunch so it wasn't worth it.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

TraderStav posted:

Offer still stands for a beer, if you're ever in the greater Detroit / Ann Arbor area.

We can even go to our local Costco!

Which Costco do you go to? I'm a Commerce person myself.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

TraderStav posted:

I’m in South Lyon, so my home Costco is the Green Oak / Brighton one. I will hit the Livonia or Haggerty one on the way home from work (Detroit) from time to time. The Haggerty one is bonkers and hate stepping foot in there.

Yes it's bonkers and it doesn't have any liquor. Two strikes!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

The tires I bought on sale last week went on bigger sale this week. I sent a price adjustment request today via their website so please pray for a blessed outcome brethren.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Sorry about your delicate rear end in a top hat.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I was really disappointed in that cheese from years past. I threw most of it out.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I tried roasting and they ended up mushy too. I'm going to try putting them on a rack next time.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

david_a posted:

Bought a beef tenderloin today for $123 (the smallest Prime one they had). I don’t think I’ve ever bought one before so hopefully I won’t screw it up.

This is what we had for Christmas dinner and it was excellent and cooked quickly. I even over cooked it a bit (for my liking anyway) and it was still good. I'm very excited for beef tenderloin nachos with the leftovers this weekend!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I went yesterday mid day and the TP was gone, I'm also down to my last package. I stocked up on wine and peanut butter so I'll trade for it when the time comes.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Just got back from a snowy trip to Costco here in Michigan. We had to line up outside which was pretty miserable, but the line moved fast. They had everything I needed (including TP!) except for chicken of any kind or hand soap. I've been striking out on hand soap everywhere but the lack of chicken was odd.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh my. Wish I’d discovered this a lot sooner. Holy yum. Gonna try this on my omelette for breakfast.

This is a local Metro-Detroit brand salsa that was a mom and pop place. They were bought by Campbell's a few years ago and their distribution grew nationwide. It's the only salsa I've bought for years and they have lots of other good flavors like garlic artichoke.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

binge crotching posted:

These bad boys are back in stock again. Not sure the package will last the day though.

These are very good, although the BBQ flavor is the best and not sold at my Costco.

I usually have to go to my local health food store for them and that same store also carries several flavors of Bitchin' Sauce.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Bought these this week and had them for dinner tonight. They were a bit dry (easily fixable) but they were tasty and smoky. They're expensive too but I think there's enough for two meals for my small family of four, which makes it not so bad.

Frankly, it's better than most brisket I can get at BBQ joints in Michigan. We are not a good BBQ state.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Only eat Prime, nothing else is worth it.
Meat is a loving awful scourge for everyone and everything involved, BUT it tastes wicked good. Only eat the best stuff, and as a treat.
We eat Prime New York strip about once a month and it's fantastic every time.

I do the same thing, I bought two packs of three Prime steaks this week, split into two each and freeze them. We have them for Sunday dinner about once a month and it's spoiled me for any other store bought steak.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

New thread title

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Gravitee posted:

New thread title

Yay thanks mod! I've never got a thread title change before!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone try the Meat District burgers yet? I picked up a highly recommended pack, but its 100 loving degrees out again and I don't want to go stand in front of the grill.

I was underwhelmed.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Hit or miss. It's definitely not the worst, but it's extremely busy and full of people who are in their own world. I strongly prefer Bougie Costco (Bloomfield Hills) but it's a little bit of a hike

Livonia Costco is awful and backwards and I hate it. No hard liquor either!!! I go to the Commerce location and it is a nice mix of West Bloomfield douches and Walled Lake rednecks.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

There's a study out today that says a flu shot could reduce the severity of covid if you catch it. If you weren't motivated before, please get one. /Momchat

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

Gatts posted:

The Costco in Detroit has some decent liquor optios.

Such as?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I have fine hair too and it provides a nice amount of volume. The bristles are quite stiff but I find it easy to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

My Costco carries Mcclure's garlic spears which are ok but if you can find the sweet and spicy or bread and butter varieties, you'll never need another brand in your life. I used to hate hate HATE pickles and the sweet and spicy converted me.