Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What exactly is a "chicken bake" again?

Chicken and cheese hot pocket filled with caesar dressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

And these bastards at Hello Fresh are knocking on my door trying to charge me $20 for one meal that I have to cook myself.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Meydey posted:

Nice. Not sure if any of you have Costco stock, but they just announced a $7 per share dividend payable on May 26, 2017.
I guess my trip to England just got paid off.

Edit: Stock price jumped $6 already in after hours trading.

If I had $50k to invest in Costco, I'm not sure I'd be concerned about dividends to be able to pay for trips.

My dividends would buy me a nice quarter pound dog, however.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hanging out at the lake in my Costco beach tent, using my Costco beach towel, and my Costco backpack beach chair.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If you buy the extended warranty on electronics, you get an additional two years free if you use the Costco card.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just picked up 3 lbs of pistachios.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I signed up for executive about a year ago, waiting for that cash back. I bought a TV and a laptop this year though, those aren't normal purchases. We will see if it pays off next year.

Costco Cost-Pro Tip: The Costco Credit Card works as your membership card. No need to carry around two cards.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

Get a VISA dog, it takes like 2 minutes to sign up for one

Does the Costco Card give me 2% on dogs because its Costco, or 3% because its dining?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got this in the mail

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.costcoquote.com/

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

One time I only spent $95 at Costco.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

When I used to shave, I calculated Target brand 3-blade disposable to be cheaper than Dollar Shave Club. This was before I was baptised into the Costco family.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Target 3 blade disposable razors are $0.67 each. Gillette 3 blade disposable are $0.88 each at Costco. I remember Target brand would occasionally have one that just wasn't sharp out of the box. Poor quality control there for Target, but ymmv.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

All of the $2.99/lb prepackaged chicken breasts were covered in chicken juice.

Anyone compare these to the already frozen ones? I just freeze these anyway.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$119 cash back from my Executive Membership.

Just realized how much I had to spend to get that. :aaaaa:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Taking my wife on a date to Costco tonight. Gonna give her a 1/4 lb all beef dog.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Where else can I get 4000 calories for $6?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Mother Casket.

Most people probably don't realize that Costco has an entire funeral category, selling coffins in most states. Beyond caskets, which cost between $949.99 and $2,999.99, the company also sells a variety of urns.

Costco's coffins, sold in partnership with Universal Casket Co., are very well reviewed.

"This purchase took much pressure off the difficult time of dealing with Mom's funeral," reads a review of the solid five-star rated Mother Casket. "She would have loved it, and it was her wish to do this... Funeral costs are very high, and this product and the people we dealt with were caring and professional."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I went again this morning to a different Costco to make a return and fill my other car with gas. Did a single lap to sample the samples. The food court in this one is indoors.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is my executive membership reward check good for cash? Or do I have to spend it at Costco?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GI_Clutch posted:

:rip: delicious, inexpensive organic strawberries.

At least I have another excuse to make a trip this week along with the new deals.

That's a defective jar, you should return it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Stopped by Costco at about 9:45 this morning to get gas. People were already lined up at the door to get in when it opened at 10:00.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Today's a good run for me.

The diaper genie refills were cheaper at Target the last time I bought them. Target brand, not actual Diaper Genie brand.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Went with the Polish

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

gently caress all california costco's forever and ever

I was going to Irvine for a while, but it's completely hosed there. Switched to Heather Ridge Rd, Laguna Niguel (there are two in Laguna Niguel.) Never a line for gas. Avoid Costco's that are too close to the freeway.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Some young bros were interrupting my checkout last night, asking the cashier if they could buy alcohol without a membership. How did they get in without a membership? Why didn't they ask customer service? Why wouldn't they want to be members?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

So how is the return policy on food? My new diet requires me to have protein bars as s snack and I found some that I may like but if I eat one and its awful, can I take the rest back?

Yes. People do this at normal grocery stores all the time as well.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gravitee posted:

I'm hosting a backyard BBQ soon and going to tithe at Costco. What are everyone's​ favorites to feed lots of people? Besides the dogs of course. I need some sides or extras.

Their wrap trays are legit.

Also the Readypack Caesar Salad in the bag they sell is cheaper per lb than their Costco store made Caesar salad tray.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

maniacripper posted:

Amazon isn't buying Whole Foods to run Whole Foods, they're buying Whole Foods to take over the grocery business.

Lol take over

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where is Aldi? Would've figured they had a large enough share to show up.

Dunno, this chart barely adds up to 50%

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hot dog at home

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

The dog looks lukewarm at best :colbert:

Patience.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

At Costco car wash right now. Amazing.

Edit - $8 , drive though wash. Did not have ultra clean rinse, left water spots. Docking points for that.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 25, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

The price of the pork medallions went up. This is an outrage.

I'm waiting for steak to come back down. It's about $3-4 more per lb than it was over the winter.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

is there even an argument for hebrew national anymore?

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Their slim fit is now called Regent fit, and their extra slim fit is I believe Milano. Why they switched to these from the far more obvious system they had before, I have no idea.

because standard fit contains billowous amounts of excess material suitable enough to use the shirt as a survival tent. slim fit is normal for regular dudes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renewed my executive membership with my dividend check, this poo poo pays for itself.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Harald posted:

I find that my checks basically make up the difference between getting an executive membership vs. getting a basic membership every year, so I stick with the executive.

I had a couple of large purchases last year - a TV and a laptop. That's about half of my dividend right there. I don't expect it to cover the whole membership next year, but it should at least cover the executive part.

But then also I have the sweet sweet credit card cash back.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/05/costco-testing-shake-shack-copycat-cheeseburger-in-southern-california/ posted:

Forget pizza and hot dogs. Costco, often secretive about its merchandising strategy, is selling a Shack Shack-style cheeseburger made with an organic beef patty at a few of its fast-food courts in Southern California.

The burger is being sold at warehouses in Corona, Pacoima, Lakewood, according to Santa Ana-based Foodbeast, the popular food marketing site. Beyond California, the burger is being tested in Seattle.

Costco confirmed the burger test, which is replacing items less popular on the menu — known for its extra large pizzas and baseball-inspired all-beef frankfurters.

:aaaaa:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bread goes stale in the fridge. You should freeze it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chicken Bake is gross as hell but it's a staple.