Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

drat that looks fuckin gooooooood - what temp and for how long?

And what department are they in at church? They don't look like they'd be in the regular butcher department - maybe that little area near the meat department where they have the pre-made soups and cheese and stuff?

140 2 hours. Was so drat good in a taco with that green poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh my. Wish I’d discovered this a lot sooner. Holy yum. Gonna try this on my omelette for breakfast.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bad lighting in the picture, the salsa is amazing and looks like traditional salsa looks like.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The salsa says to use within 14 days of opening. Good idea on the food saver, gonna do that today.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I did the Kirkland Brats in my Sous vide pot last night, came out juicy and amazing. I made a cheddar cheese sauce to dunk them in, was soo good. Would’ve made it a beer cheese sauce but my wife don’t like that...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

like are you guys shopping in china

I'm in a major metropolitan city and the samples are not like trying to vote

It’s really bad at mine in Northern VA, especially on weekends. Lots of elderly with no situational awareness about aisle blocking.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Was at church yesterday, they didn’t have my four pack of Kirkland bacon, had to get the the dummy thicc pack instead but it’s not as good as the regular. Looked for the legendary Sherpa blankets but they gone.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

On a spoon, which is then dipped in the sugar bowl.

Johnny Johnny...
Yes Papa?
Eating Costco?
No Papa...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

From the macro thread:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zoom in...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got this at church today, they’re goddamn amazing. Gotta store them in the fridge but they’re not gonna last long in my house anyway. Highly recommended...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This poo poo owns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I get this Brie every time I go and it’s always good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can never find the legendary Sherpa blanket at my church that you guys rave about. Is this equivalent? (It’s on lightning deal right now.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HF2CR82/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wait for costco's. they'll be like half the price as these and almost definitely higher quality

Roger that

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can never buy too much cheese at the co.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Went by Church on the way home from work. Came home with NY strip and:

Pro move?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god. The Spanish honey log is to die for.

Mods please change my name to Spanish Honey Log...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I tried them all tonight and I’m in love.

Spanish Honey Log is the standout but they’re all amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah my wife and I sampled each cheese along with our steak and salad. Obviously didn’t eat the whole thing, gonna work on the rest for lunch this week.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Looks like the Foodsaver vacuum sealer is $50 off next week. I foresee large quantities of smoked meats in my future.

This has been amazing for me and I highly recommend it in conjunction with Sous Vide cooking.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Went to church today and came home $200 poorer.

I’ll post a trip report once it’s assembled. My gut tells me it’s going on sale soon, they had it stacked on a prominent end cap, I saved my receipt in case it does.

Chair is assembled without too much difficulty. I really like it, wife hates it. It’s got really heavy handed lumbar support and that is what turned her off while I really appreciated it. Everything else is nice and comfy though.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 20, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BobbyDrake posted:

My wife and I finally pulled the trigger and got a Costco membership after her parents took us on time to look for something. Anything in particular we should be looking for there?

Bitchn Sauce

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

shadow puppet of a posted:

My new air fryer is loved like an extra child in the family. Thank you, Costco thread.

Air Fryer Bros 4 lyfe!

Just realize that unfortunately, you’ve also instantly made forums enemies and you never know when they’ll pop out of nowhere and call you out for your life decision.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So there was a couple in front of me at the checkout line causing a delay while they fetch a manager. Apparently they “always were able to use their dad’s membership card to buy things for him”, but today Costco said no. Never did see the resolution, they were able to get me through by scanning everything in my cart while the problem couple’s food sat on the conveyor belt.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The holy trinity

Overcooked a bit but was still drat tasty.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

pentyne posted:

So, does Costco sell a good vacuum sealer?

Foodsaver was recently on sale might still have some at normal price. It’s pretty amazing, I use it all the time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco: I will kill you. Figure it out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heffer posted:

I made a monster trip today, and the cashier was super in to packing my cart like it was tetris.

A blessed cart, well done.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Renegret posted:

I have a confession. My wife is a degenerate who only eats well done steak. I almost exclusively buy the Costco filet mignon because it's so god drat good that it doesn't turn into shoe leather when you cook it well done. It's not my favorite type of steak, but it's still extremely satisfying.

Plus, what I do for her steak, is that I'll cook it alongside mine to a nice medium rare. Then (after resting) I'll slice her steak into thin strips and throw it back into the cast iron filled with butter so each slice gets to sear again. It cooks through to well done in a matter of minutes but not so long that it dries out. For as much as I think well done steaks are an abomination, it actually comes out incredibly good this way. She won't eat the fatty tips so those are my special treat that I get to look forward to. She has no idea what she's missing.

I could do with a nice, thick ribeye sometime soon though. The filet is nice and tender but it's just not as beefy tasting.

I’ve found the Costco NY strip to be more beefy/steak flavored than the RibEye, but both are very good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I keep looking for Sherpa blankets but come up empty. Can somebody take a picture so I know what they look like?

:saddowns:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This was an impulse buy, now what do I do with it! Can I slice it and throw it in an omelette?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I bought one of these bad boys last spring, cat loves it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.costco.com/eddie-bauer-plush-sherpa-throw.product.100466803.html

Is that what everybody raves about?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What are the carbs like on this? Good for keto?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there a purchase limit?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/costco-pulling-products-allegedly-made-with-forced-monkey-labor/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are these from cows actually from japan though or is it the ones from Oregon with the stolen japanese bull semen

Please for the love of god let’s update the thread title to this.

Costco: stolen Japanese bull semen