Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Hello thread I joined Costco yesterday. Did the executive membership since spending $3k at Costco should be easy with a kid on the way in a couple months. Does anyone use the credit card?

We got a ninja foodi which is a pretty amazing machine that bakes, broils, steams, pressure cooks, air fries, slow cooks, sous vides, and probably other stuff on sale for like $110 that my wife is very happy with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My wife and I did wait in line for the first time in either of our lives for gas at Costco after our first shopping trip yesterday. It was $0.25/gal less than our usual spot here in MA so it was all good and she some of her bag of chocolate pretzels while we sat there. Some foolish man had to park his car at the pump we were waiting for while he figured something out with the attendant for like 10 minutes. I'm glad we had snacks.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

We're on a road trip from Boston to Orlando and have been hitting Costco gas stations the whole way. Feels good man.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

There's some weird, expensive stuff if you look around their app, too...

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

This is probably amateur hour advice but I usually buy those big packages of mixed greens for making salads whenever I visit and have been disappointed by them going bad too early. I pulled from the bottom of the pallet instead of the top this time and expiration date was 5 days later than the ones on top. Much more reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

I have the Ninja foodi that's the combination, the air fryer, pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc. It's fine. It's very big and heavy though. I find myself getting similar results with the convection setting on my oven, also I can cook more in my oven.

I got the foodi when it was on sale and my wife and I love it. She air fries everything and seems to like it. I love using the pressure cook setting for rice, and the sous vide setting is great too. It has replaced my slow cooker as well. I'd never bother using it for something my oven and stove can already do (except the rice), but it's been a great addition to our kitchen.