Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Went and picked up a Pendleton sherpa throw. We got the King size for our Queen bed (mostly for the design choice), and it's amazing. Extremely soft and beautiful. A tad thin to be your only blanket in the winter, but will look fantastic on top of a comforter.

Also picked up jars of both Better Than Bouillon Chicken AND Beef! Our store never used to carry beef so maybe that's new. I hated buying it from the grocery in such a small quantity.

Our store had a lot of ramen options to choose from, I grabbed a Morimoto branded ramen box. Looked good, will report back.

Can confirm that everyone's clearly a Large in size now a days (in my area). I couldn't find any of the 32 degree clothing in Large - only Small and Medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

The real wreaths are great, I get one every year.

We bought our Christmas cards from Costco this year - they're amazing! Nice designs, extremely deluxe cards for less than $1 a card. Although be warned, they all require extra postage.

Also our Co' got the self-service tire filler. What a godsend to not have to wave down a tire guy. They always made me feel like I was inconveniencing them.

VVVVV

Geodude fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 2, 2020

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Haha I asked the deli person if they had any take-and-bake pizzas, and they looked at me crazy.

"We haven't had take-and-bake pizzas in almost a year now."

I was shocked and confused, and that clearly came across, cause she responded "don't worry about it, we get questions about it daily."

Also thanks for the link to buy a Kirkland Signature sweatshirt. Rep the church.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

We just bought two of the steel storage garage shelves. $50 after discount each. Excellent storage solution if you need a 5 tier shelf. You can even build it in a way to make for a workbench.

They had plenty, and I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't buying them as fast cause of how heavy they are to put on a cart.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

I like the Pure Protein ones, healthy and don't taste bad. They make for a good breakfast when I'm at the office, just filling enough to get me to lunch. Only issue is they go stale sometimes.

The Robert Irving Fit Crunch ones are DELICIOUS bordering on "is this a candybar" taste. Not nearly as healthy as the Pure Protein.

Regular Costco Wholesale used to have them, but now I can only find them at the Business Center Costco.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Has anyone tried this Air Fryer? It's apparently a door deal at $39.99 and if it works well enough, that's a hell of a deal.

Gourmia 6 Quart Digital Air Fryer

https://www.costco.com/gourmia-6-quart-digital-air-fryer.product.100671799.html

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

N'th agreeing that the lobster bisque and crab corn chowder are some of the most bland soups imaginable! I don't understand how they were so boring. I also used them both for pasta sauce and had to add tons of ingredients/spices just to make it slightly enjoyable.

I'm also in the "Bitch'n Sauce is fine". I bought a tub and struggled to see the appeal. It is a more flavorful hummus-style dip. Fine on sandwiches, fine as a dip for chips/veggies, but would never get again.

For those in search of actual Clorox Wipes - the Costco Business Center has them, including lots of alternatives too.

Last, I wish I got a picture, but there was a sign reading "CHURROS ARE COMING BACK, and they'll be IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER".

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Oh man - I got the almond danishes from the bakery. They're delicious - better than I've had at any coffee shop. They tiptoe the line of croissant/danish and are probably insanely bad for me, but what a tasty breakfast.

I foolishly tried to use my Costco rewards at the self-checkout line. The poor girl was like "uhhh I don't think it'll work" and fumbled around for a while before she just said "go over to merch pickup they'll just cash you out."

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Anyone tried those Daphne's gyro meat slices that are in the fridge section? Didn't get them, but might next time.

My Co only had the gyro kits, and while tasty, was far too small a portion of meat to fill 5 pitas. It filled 2 and maybe crumbs for a 3rd. I'd love if we could get just the meat.

The "Greek Style Dressing" was to be used on a non-included salad.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Speaking of meatballs - the Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs are great for a "need a protein over rice" dinner. Also great for slow cooker potluck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Chicken chat - but we also tried these Amylu chicken breakfast links as a "maybe it's kinda healthier?" breakfast alternative.

They weren't bad, but they're a bit weird tasting and sit hot and heavy on our stomachs. It comes with a TON of sausage links too, so we have a freezer of them now that I'll try to pawn off on family.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

The Vitamix is on sale again :shepspends:

And thankfully the allergy nasal spray is on sale too. It's pollen season and we're dying over here.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Is it the Columbian cold brew everyone goes nuts for?

I got it this weekend and it's insanely strong. I'll double check the can to see if it needs dilution or not, but on it's own it was jet fuel.

I also acquired my Vitamix so I'm super stoked for blended coffee drinks and seeing how many margs per minute I can whip up.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

What would be the recommended tequila of choice at Costco if we're only making margaritas with it?

Hopefully around the $25-35 mark. I really don't want to buy a premix bottle at the request of my s.o.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

fuyck the combo slice, pepperoni only

:mods:

I feel so bad for the food court employees. On my recent exodus, the nice family infront of me in line at the food court had ordered:

-8 smoothies
-8 sundaes
-2 cold brews
-4 hot dogs
-4 pizzas

And they only had 2 cashiers open: prepay and regular. You could see everyone getting frustrated by how long it was taking. The lines backed up bad, the employees were tired, and I was literally next who just had to pay for a pizza that was ready for pickup :(

But hey - I got to try the new CHURRO!

It's good, much better texture and flavor than the previous one. It feels like an actual fair/amusement park churro now, and is worth the price increase at $1.50.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Weembles posted:

My local Costco has started asking for a membership card at the counter, but that may just be because it has an outdoor food court.

That's insane to me. Our Costco has an outdoor food court too but they don't ask (yet). Or maybe they assume I have a membership and only ask people who don't look the part? I hate to say it like that, but here's my reasoning:

We also have a huge homeless population that is housed near a river close to this Costco. So a lot of them will come up and buy like 20 hot dogs for their buddies and bring them back to their camps.

New Question: Has Costco ever sold A-Shirt undershirts? I hate crew neck undershirts but it's all they sell.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Please keep us updated - I'm *thinking* about getting a new car soon and absolutely suck at haggling.

Recently had a party (all vaccinated) at my house and Costco really came through.

Flat of the Kirkland seltzers, pork shoulder and chicken meatballs in the slow cookers, hawaiian buns in bulk, potato salad bucket. Still had leftovers after feeding 10 people.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

LOL yesterday I was in line for membership services and got to watch a fun return attempt.

Someone brought in a protein powder 1/10th full. It looked almost flat empty, but they were trying to return it. The employee scanned it and looked on the computer for a while before turning to them and saying:

"Ma'am, you bought this protein powder in 2019. It's also since expired."

Lady took it back and shrugged like "eh I tried."

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah that’s why I am getting another tower fan. I didn’t realize how dusty it was and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out a good way to clean it. The grates at the back should be removable IMO

Best method I've found so far for cleaning tower fans:

Bring fan outside and plug in. Get condensed air cans and face fan away from you. Stick straw in holes and keep spraying while the fan is on high. Keep going into different holes at different heights and different angles.

If you want to do more effort than this, grab a bundle of q-tips and just go into all the vents they'll fit. Keep the fan on high and just keep spraying and sweeping.

I'll do this once a year. Tower fans don't last forever, so if this is too much effort, $20 is the right price for replacing.

Side note- all my 3 tower fans are Costco purchased, and are all at least 4+ years old and going strong in yearly 100'F+ Summers.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Our self check out uses different colored receipt paper so when the receipt checkers look it over they REALLY look it over.

Good find yesterday: they have Pendleton picnic blankets that fold up nice with a handle. Perfect for putting in your trunk for impromptu relaxing.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Anyone tried the Street Corn dip? Tempted for a 4th picnic.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

The deli bulgogi is on sale $4 off hell yeah.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

thathonkey posted:

pepsi products is the only thing wrong with the food court (besides the onion situation of course)

Not bringing back the combo pizza is a sin to me.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

I miss waiting behind the ladies who would crank the onion dispenser into a water cup to take home a cuppa onions.

My Costco had samples which felt so bizarre. But they were all prepackaged in bags that they told you to not eat in store. It was shocking to watch people walk right by samples, COVID conditioned to not even bat an eye.

Rufio posted:

As for Costco I finally took advantage of their return policy when we discovered we loved our air fryer so much that the 6q just wasn't going to cut it.

The nonstick coating on my Costco Air Fryer is peeling. I was tempted to bring it back, but it's been 6 months and I'm chalking it up to overuse. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer first...

Geodude fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 17, 2021

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

They had relish set up but they were OUT. What a betrayal.

The Premier Protein shakes are still on sale and surprisingly had samples out. Thankfully I got to taste test the caramel and coffee ones (was on the fence but caramel is better).

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Be aware of how warm your house/kitchen get too. A package up high in a cabinet when heat rises is opposite of what pantry storage should be "cool, dry place." I've had pantry food items go bad due to being in a hot garage during the summer.

But I'll also add those Tasty Bite packages are essentially MRE's and meant to last long after.

Those Colombe Draft Latte's are great, but VERY strong caffeine wise for how small of a can they are, and how easy they go down. The mocha flavor was also too chocolately for my taste.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Both my local Costco and Business Center didn't have the Columbian cold brew cans ugh.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Are the chicken pot pies any good? Is the crust different than the pumpkin pie crust?

My girlfriend doesn't really like pot pie, and I was hoping it was high quality enough to sway her. Otherwise I can't justify buying a whole pot pie for myself.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

I feel like the Charmin Costco packs of toilet paper are super low quality now. Or this purchase was from the scramble lot to produce during the original pandemic shortage.

Shreds extremely easy, lints nonstop, just low QA. Who knew toilet paper was such a hot topic in my household.

On a related note, the boba popsicles are delicious. Finally caved when I saw it in stores.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Anyone have pros/cons to the Keurig that's currently on sale?

Keurig K-Supreme Plus C Single Serve Coffee Maker, with 15 K-Cup Pods

https://www.costco.com/keurig-k-supreme-plus-c-single-serve-coffee-maker%2c-with-15-k-cup-pods.product.100675784.html

We're in the market for one and the price is right.

Also I've gotten reports from family that majority of the Bay Area Costco's are out of toilet paper.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

$3.99 for regular in California. It's amazing. Most Chevron's are $4.79 now.

Also, I am disappointed with these dress socks for work. Granted I do a lot of walking at the office, but the elastic isn't great on them. They slide down way too much for being new socks.

https://www.costco.com/gold-toe-men%27s-wentworth-dress-sock%2c-5-pair.product.100681696.html

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

A whole box of the brown sugar boba tea bars was too much of an impulse buy for me.

Yes they're good, yes they're also a good deal, but they're very rich and I feel like it's a decadent dessert rather than a refreshing ice cream. I've only been able to eat like one a week, and they're taking up space in the freezer.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

I bought the same brand bone China from 2 years ago for my full plate/bowl sets. They are fantastic, look great, sturdy and give off the air of "you have your poo poo together to have a full set of matching dinnerware".

EDIT: My pattern is the exact same one as the picture below. It's never chipped or broken on me and are perfectly dishwasher safe. The only con I would say is it gets pretty warm when microwaved.

Geodude fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 28, 2021

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Mine was $495 from an office surplus store like 7 years ago. It has a broken lever, but otherwise has held up extremely well overtime and is very comfortable for long term computer use.

FYI - my Costco had restocked the cold brew cans! We bought two cases, and they were moving quick.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

We bought the "Sharper Image Power Percussion Deep Tissue Massager" on sale for $65 in store and it is niiiiice. Good gift for the holidays.

Also the "Cuisinart Immersion Hand Blender" was on sale for under $30 which felt like a steal. Comes with a pseudo food processor accessory too.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

okay i'm going to costco today but i'm not gonna dog/soda or pizza it up, BUT i've never had the chicken bake. are they decent enough reheated?

Reheat in an airfryer if you have it, or oven.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

I can't believe it, fam. But I got food poisoning from a Costco hot dog.

The biggest betrayal.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

We enjoyed the Chef Morimoto ramen they used to sell, but the expiration date was way sooner than we realized and the oil/fat flavor packet went rancid.

They also didn't come with a bowl or anything, so it's not like I could make it at work easily.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

New Costco book has a sale on the Foodsaver! Thinking I may take the plunge and utilize my freezer to the fullest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The macros are great and it tastes like a candy bar. I honestly have no idea how the macros are that good. It's the best tasting protein bar I've had by far.

I eat one of these every weekday for breakfast. As everyone mentions, they're delicious and not too unhealthy for a protein bar that tastes like a candy bar.

My Costco Business Center sells the Mint Chocolate Chip version. And my regular Costco sells the regular? flavor.