Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I haven't bought a second box of loving trash bags in many years, I don't know how many bags are in this loving thing but it's too huge roles and it's not even close to running out. Two big rear end rolls and they appear to break the laws of physics or are literally Jesus.

Also I got the Costco Visa, that's right fucks, THAT Visa. Get it if you haven't, seriously. I get paid, pay off the balance, and use it for every single spending I can except the mortgage. Bills, groceries, gas, parking at school, collecting the cash from friends at a restaurant and paying on my card. All cash back! Paid for a cruise, broke up with the girl so I cancelled it, got a refund, and still earned cash back on the original payment. Over $400 earned at it's not even close to being a year in my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

mintskoal posted:

costco sells this salsa called mateos or something that is incredibly good and if you live alone like me you can buy a years worth of tp, paper towels, laundry detergent and body soap for under $50

assuming you bathe and wash your clothes that is

e: the kirkland brand crown royal knockoff is a key buy too

I bought a $20 thing of trash bags I think two years ago.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Um, Squatty Potty's rule and if I could get two for the price of one when I didn't have two already in my house I'd snatch that poo poo immediately.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

^^^^Holy poo poo.

I actually used mine twice today for the first time in a while. I'm switching to this full time.

I pay all my bills except my mortgage with it. Wait til my mortgage gets taken out of my bank account, and transfer all money to the Costco card balance. Cash back is no loving joke and the hundreds you get a year are loving worth it. I applied and they gave me a $4,000 without even checking my credit. Costco even does bankruptcy in bulk!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

kazr posted:

Hot dog protip: they keep little containers of sauer kraut behind the counter to really make your dog experience special

Holy poo poo....

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Hell yea one of those and you only got 20% more to go?! Very efficient.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was there when it opened, pretty sure I had the first quarter pound doggie of the day! You can see that Lennox hvac fucker already cat calling people. Does every Costco have them?

All the kiosk type people at my Costco never say poo poo except on my way out they'll say "Have a nice day". They now I ain't stoppin', they seen me eat my dog.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

costco is way out of town though :(

7-11 dirty chili cheese dog is gonna have to make due

The only excuse not to go to Costco is because you can't find one in your state.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Xaris posted:

Sinegal is loving god and has been keeping the raving rabid shareholders at bay and standing his ground on paying employees well even after they keep pushing to cut employee costs because ???. costco drives your typical shithead mba conservatives absolutely insane because it shows if you pay employees well it actually translates into more sales. who'd have thought??

unfortunately no one else has seemed to catch on besides Trader Joes

gunna suck when he dies

Sinegal hasn't been CEO since 2010 but get this...he hand picked his successor. We're in good hands and have been for 7 years now! The dude that replaced him started working at Costco in 1984!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

he's right for some things and wrong for others. I find costco to be generally more expensive than winco for:

fruit
vegetables
poultry
pork
cheaper cuts of beef

costco is better on:

paper products
dairy
expensive beef
seafood
packaged foods/snacks

Since I eat mostly fresh stuff and prefer poultry/pork to beef I find myself only ever using my gf's costco membership for cheese, milk, and paper products.

Are you factoring in the cash back I get on my loving Costco Visa card in your stupid calculations for idiots?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Meydey posted:

Costco essentially provides consistent pricing on bulk sized quantities of product. Some are higher than a general grocery store, and some come in lower. Where Costco shines is the fact that 99% of the items are a known quality, with less mystery brands (store/cheap). Kirkland Signature is considered one of the highest quality store brands, and multiple products have been verified to have been produced by known brand names. Add in the unconditional 100% return policy (minus electronics, but at at 90 days is still better than most retail) and the value is there. Yes you drop $200-400 each trip easily, but at least the stuff you get is quality.

Plus a dog on the way out.

Please come back every 50 pages to shoo away haters with this recap.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

The best part of Costco, for me, is that everything is about $10 as far as groceries go. Makes budgeting while I shop super easy. $100 bucks to spend means I pick up 10 items, so simple!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

They brought back those sorbet things at my Costco. My ex-girlfriend used to love these and we literally fought over the coconuts on more than 1 occasion (there's 3, they know what they're doing with these drat odd numbers). Well guess what? I cancelled her name under my membership and bought my own pack and now they're all loving mine and she can't get any!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Chinatown posted:

the one that sells booze

Bad news... :( The only Costco's that I go to near Denver are near Mississippi and Havana (my normal one, it's p. great), and way out by E470 and Smoky Hill. Is a toll road worth taking? It is if there's a Costco at the end!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Listen I love the 'co as much as anyone else here (I think...) and even I think y'all are crazy for doing anything 'co related on the weekend.

Sucks when I could really go for a 1/4lb dog and drink with unlimited refills on a Saturday and I'm at least 36 hours from getting one.

By the grace of the savings gods my Costco always somehow has the same amount of wait no matter what day it is, they always know exactly how many cashiers they need at all times. PBUC.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Did you know that if your membership expires and you still have the card, you can still get gas?! Praise be!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Taima posted:

Honestly, I believe that there are certain life choices that each person must make, maybe you would call them "keystone" choices or something. They are choices that define a human being and the sum of their future potential and past learning.

What people choose to put on their hot dog is one of those choices. You can tell a shitload about someone via what they put on their dog.

No you can't. I know a lady that drowned her own loving kids and she ate the most bougie sauerkraut and onion dogs you've ever seen.

Shut up with that stupid poo poo.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dely Apple posted:

No one takes photos of the :twisted: churro, sad!

Also is the beekeeping life really the kind of thing you want to impulse buy into

God drat I love Costco

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

I did have a sample contractor yell at me once, apparently I wasn't "grateful" enough. gently caress that guy, I'm sure he didn't last more then a couple days.

Some lady once beat me with a "You're welcome" before I said "Thank you". I just stared at her and walked away. Never saw her again.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There are Costco's with car washes?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just wear shirt stays yo, look sharp unless people see your socks.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

A day, because they close and you leave.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Does Costco do abortions? I've found myself in an interesting situation.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Caufman posted:

It's a typical wholesale deal. You get three abortions. But per unit, it's at the price of two thirds an abortions

So I can get 6 at the price of 4? Looks like Costco has saved me again!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

That's Costco helping with people's diets.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dr. Capco posted:

Good lord what a bunch of bitchmade whiners. Revoke their memberships imo.

Some people don't appreciate the more abstract things that Costco does for you. You liked the tortilla chips they carried? Well they're rotational, they'll be back, until then, beloved member, branch out, try some different chips, expand your palate, you'll find something else you love.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

curufinor posted:

shahada: dunno

Present your card proudly at the door.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

PBUC

Celebrated his life by getting cheap gas, cheap groceries, a hot dog, and a soda (with free refill).

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

Gonna need gas tomorrow, but paper plates don't go on sale until the 3rd. Costco two days in a row? :thunk:

I guess, if you skipped the dog and soda today and have to restart your daily trips.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

You don't even need a Costco membership to breath air but I see no point in doing one and not the other.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Scornful Sexbot posted:

So I suggested that Costco membership to my folks, and turns out they have a sams club membership. Instead of instantly telling them to gently caress off with that, I actually did some research. There are lots of tradeoffs, but the most important thing is definitely the food court. Does this look familiar to any of you?

The drink is half the cost of the dog/soda at Costco and the dog is the same price. You're paying ~1.5 times as much there and that's grounds for murder.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

RJWaters2 posted:

:same: except I also got the credit card so I got $60 cash card. And I got 4% back on the whole price.

You all really should up your goddamn Costco game with the Costco Visa. Cashback on everything. I'm already up to $200 and it's only halfway through the year.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

What's that like $20 in real money?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

FCKGW posted:

The proposed Costco in our city is now asking for 2x the tax breaks or else they're moving across the street to another city instead

They'd better lay down palm branches as the Costco exec strolls in to town to sign the papers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

The Hambulance posted:

Sous vide for 24 hours, then finish the pork shoulder in the smoker for one to three hours. It's amazing

If I ever see the sous vide they sell online at my local Costco my bank account will be even more hosed than it already is.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Meydey posted:

I was in the UK a few weeks ago. This was lunch at Costco that I split with my wife. It was glorious.

Holy gently caress you get baked potatoes?!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm fixin' to get a new bed from Costco. Prices seem great (of course, PBUC) and more to add to the pile for the Executive rebate check.

The mattress or the frame? I bought a king size mattress from Costco and multiple people (sup) have said it's the most comfortable bed they've ever slept in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

One of the unexpected benefits of a Costco membership is that you come to appreciate just how spacious your Nissan sedan really is.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Got a king size sherpa to go with my queen size sherpa. You know who's sleeping warm all winter? Me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Argyle posted:

Same.

Anyone ever tried freezing the muffins or pastries? I love them, but as a bachelor living alone there's no way I could eat 12 muffins/8 danish before they go bad. The croissants freeze well enough.

Look man, I've said a bunch of times in this thread Costco is great about teaching you new things about yourself.