Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The deep freeze I’ve been procrastinating on purchasing is $130 off, PBUC.

Can’t wait to fill it with more meats and frozen vegetables!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Olanphonia posted:

Tell me more about the deep freeze, please.

I got this thing it's 21.3 Cu ft with glass shelves and some outside controls. Very excited and it delivers tomorrow.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Old dishwashers clean better than new ones.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

W Oh, and I make my own hummus with one of those #10 cans of chickpeas.

Can you link to a recipe that you like? I still haven’t been able to find a killer recipe

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know some in the thread go for the King Oscars but I really enjoyed the Season Sardines too. Thanks goon for backing them up. A strong addition to the cupboard.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Weird, my seasons have bones, skin, and are packed in EVOO. I can see how the type you’re talking about would be awful.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Yeah, same. Maybe he lives outside the USA or something. Although, are you sure they're packed in EVOO? Because that's not the same as all olive oil, and as far as I can tell, they aren't.

This is what they say since I have 15 more boxes like this. I hope this clears up this fishy mystery :coolfish:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The sprayer is pretty dialed in. Even if you put it in “full spread” it’s not going anywhere but your rear end. Then there’s a dryer too so you can finish with one-two squares of Kirkland TP.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

They’re very nice computers

I don’t know what the Costco specs are but get 16gb ram minimum

I think this is the problem with the Costco ones, only 8GB in the non 15 inchers

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Theres a high end supermarket near me with a build your own Poke bowl bar and holy poo poo does that all add up fast.

Didn't Costco carry poke last summer? I hope that comes back. I used to just grab a tuna and make it but this thread or GWS talked me out of grabbing the fresh tuna / salmon and at least freezing it. Although I haven't had any problems, yet :yum: (couldn't find the loving can of worms smiley)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

I'm not kidding btw, this thing loving owns
https://www.costco.com/Mac-Sports-Folding-Utility-Wagon-.product.100371844.html

I use mine at least once a week for all kinds of stuff

I saw this the other day and the first question I had was "can it get me out of the park in California?"

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

The deli pizza was always a pretty decent value, but the take and bake was terrible. It also probably varied depending upon how busy your local was.

For us (mid-Atlantic at the time) the take and bake was awesome until 2014 or so when the crust became yecch

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Spicy is for people who want to eat flavored food. And I bet there's some racism thrown in.

I really like engaging in collectivism for an entire region of the country, while also implying they themselves are collectivist.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Crusty Nutsack posted:

do NOT heat them with an immersion circulator. presumably you'd be thinking of just putting them in the water without a bag, because I'm not really sure how you'd vacuum seal sharp pointy crab legs, and you do not want bits of shell or crab or seasoning or anything else circulating through your heating element

melt down butter and use that as the immersion liquid.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I will have to try that

Richard M Nixon posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about champagne, you little prole? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at le cordon Bleu, and I've been involved in numerous award winning champagne production lines, and I have over 300 confirmed top marks from le cirq le bon. I am trained in over 5,000 types of distilling and I'm the top somollier in the entire French armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another American. I will wipe your taste buds the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across French Canada and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your experience to wipe your miserable posts off the face of this dead gay forum, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You loving scrub bartender at a college dive bar.

:golfclap:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I ordered a big-rear end deep freeze and it took 3 times before I got one that wasn't broken. They made it right though with little hassle.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Their website was broken and they didn’t call me back. False prophet.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tire depot. Scheduling are completely dependent on location YMMV.

Coming from the coasts we loathed even making appointments. Calling up our new local store to make an appointment over the phone and the guy behind the counter said “well, I guess you could make an appointment, but why not just bring it down here and we will work it in?” While being really confused.

In and out under an hour with no appointment.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah if you don’t have an elongated bowl it’s probably worth it to get one for a bidet.

The last rental I had I bought a $99 Home Depot elongated toilet for this one. That’s cheap enough and the bidet so great it’s worth chalking up to the game.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

large hands posted:

There's a new crust!

It's pretty good, more like a soft doughy style then the old take and bake crust which was... weird

Thanks for the update. Not a fan of the 2014-2019 style but will give this one a try

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The chicken pot pie is a guilty pleasure of mine. I especially like it with some cholula on top. Please don’t report me to my GWS friends.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
53 Hot Dogs + Drink (with REFILL!) and 2 $0.25 bottles of water from the machine.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I went to the ‘stco today since the helpful thread guy posted on December 26 last year that there were Christmas deals on alcohol.

There really weren’t any gift sets out other than the Dragon brandy or whatever so maybe they were already bought out or just didn’t have as many gift sets at this one. Did get some red wine blends that were going away so it ended up fine.

Only a few Ibericos left but no discount to be had!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bigchops posted:

As a Costco cashier I second this. If you can comfortably grasp the item with one hand and it's not heavy, like laundry detergent, put it on the belt. Many times I have lost track of which of the 20+ items I had already scanned when my attention gets pulled away (item won't scan, tag from clothes are missing, barcodes facing the wrong way.) If it's on the other side of the scanner on the loading area, I can be absolutely sure it's been scanned. But yeah, if it's only like 6 or so items it's fine to leave them in there.

If I'm making even just one mistake every few days, I'm not going to be a cashier for very long.

Thanks for this perspective. And for going through the seminary for us

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm not sure what we're going to do with our Costco membership, though.

I’ve known one person whose crazy ex spent many billable hours in order to recover her share of the 2% executive welfare check

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish the Costco gloves were black so I could look like a Bond villain!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Does Coronavirus cause diarrhea?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mds2 posted:

My local Costco in the midwest is limiting purchases of: rice, sugar, water, and lysol products.

How else am I going to make my crisp linen sushi survival rice?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Restaurant Depot had tons of water folks.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trumpbux stimulus ain't got nothing on Costco stimulus!!

we bought a ton of appliances and furniture last year

PBUC

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

I also really like some of the RD store brand products, now there is something that you can't buy at church.

A friend of mine has a pizza shop, and he makes a killing selling the RD store brand french fries.

Are those the Big-C ones? I’ve been debating giving them a try.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Schadenboner posted:

poo poo, with oil this low at this point you might be able to empty out the bottles and return them for a recycling deposit and make money on the deal?

Costco.com was selling 10 quarts of full synthetic motor oil for $26.xx delivered to your door. Great deal imo.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Definitely no fresh chicken yesterday. Wife said that while the store was more set up for distancing with plexiglass and markings, people (including staff) certainly gave less of a gently caress than a few weeks ago by all accounts.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

Normal hours everywhere or just certain states?

Why the gently caress is their website so BAD?

I assume it’s a lovely web skin over the AS/400 mainframe they installed in the ‘80s. The thing fucks up in load balancing, displaying prices, and logging me out always

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just got back and filled out my MEAT QUOTA on poultry, beef, and pork.

There was one shopper there who had a paper towel and rubber bands as his mask. Godspeed :patriot:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

My biggest hang up with sous vide is all the bags that get used. It just seems so wasteful to basically toss a bag with every meal you cook.

But I’ll fully admit to being the weird one on this. I’ve been doing a lot to try and eliminate as much single use plastic bag and wrap type poo poo in my life as I can. Not going to even pretend to be all the way there but it sure as gently caress makes you notice it.

I just view it as since meat is extremely input heavy compared to plastic, saving even one piece of meat from overcooking pays for itself in energy input of lots and lots of plastic. Or if you prefer, and since we are in the Costco thread the fact that I can buy in bulk (less packaging) and cook in a batch then freeze in that same bag until later, well it balances out.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Delpino posted:

Never ever Fairfax. Hell on Earth at all hours.

gently caress pentagon city also.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

FYI the Kirkland knockoff of the zero sugar Vitamin Water is really good. Picked up a flat last time and I've been enjoying them.

This the sparkling water with the blackberry flavor or something else? I like the sparkling water if I really want something that tastes sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish Costco sold the stirrer for their natural PB. 28 oz jars but seems like a weird girth-- there's no way to not get oil everywhere with how I currently handle it.