Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

COMRADES posted:

Seriously though Korea is going to ruin it for everyone wtf Korea.

In Korea there are a bunch of huge idiots on a messageboard somewhere posting
"thinkin bout' them onions"
and other idiots going PBUC but in Korean.

Costco knows, it's fine. If they enter industries just to keep dogs down to 1.50 then we're OK with Korean onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It is but my sacrament

Costco doesn't want you to die though, pace yourself. Nobody needs 3/4 pound of hotdog beef at once.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Women get cold easier, my GF got her a Sherpa and her and cat are in love, I started sweating and felt sick, it's not cold enough yet.

I will plan on layering later but end up screwed when she triple layers blankets on the Sherpa in winter somehow.

:biotruths:
Here in Florida Costco has this weird thing where some stuff that gets sold up north gets sold down here, like a bunch of those '32 Degree HEAT' things. Nobody in Florida actively goes and looks for long johns and warm underwear Costco what are you doing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
If you aren't going to be ""serious"" about an office chair then buy from Costco.
If you live in your chair though and heh work from home heh, then spend the money on a real chair in the sense of a Steelcase or Herman Miller or the like. The benefits for your body and the longevity of the chair far outweigh the $$$ you'll spend on even a used one. Don't cheap out on tires, beds, shoes or office chairs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Who the hell are you people with? Having an SO and not appreciating deals especially Costco ones?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taima posted:

It's not about eating the dog, it's about understanding that the dog is symbolic of something greater than ourselves.

To add to this I've never eaten a Costco dog and Costco is fine with this as it provides in other ways.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Good soup! posted:

Haha what the hell, what would be causing it to stink that bad

Grease trap? That smell is something awful if it gets out and lingers bad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Don't buy fruit either. Fruit always spoils for me, and at like $1 per apple or whatever it's a big waste.

Def buy their huge 3lb bags of fresh broccoli though :yum:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Meydey posted:

I eat a lot of broccoli, but I don't think I have ever finished a bag before it went bad. The stuff gets stinky real quick.

I do like the 4lb bags of spinach though.

Most of the time we don't either, but between my wife and I we'll eat enough to where it is still cheaper to buy the bag even we don't eat it all vs. getting it elsewhere. Especially because it's pre-washed. Granted we just had a Lucky's open up less than 5 minutes from us so I'll probably be getting brocs from there.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

howdy y'all i have a bay aryan

Hmmmmm

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

JewKiller 3000 posted:

ohh right i forgot, no jokes in gbs

Look if JewKiller 3000's phone autocorrects 'area' to 'aryan' who am I to judge?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

meet girls at the store posted:

I am always hot but I have a cold boyfriend, do the Sherpa slippies socks come in manly colors?

Pink is the manliest color

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Risky posted:

walmart

I'm sorry, what

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Prime NY Strip grilled with naan (also grilled) and using the naan to soak up the drippings of said steak is one of my favorite pleasures in life.
Costco does indeed, provide.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Stottie Kyek posted:

Last time I was in Costco they were selling some enormous TVs and showing one of the new Superman films on them, but they'd put some kind of interpolation on it so it looked like a really bad soap opera.

That's every new TV being sold everywhere though. Get used to it because TVs need something to set it apart from the one you already have and 3D didn't work so they are doing this. This is going to push all media in that direction :toot:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

New TV? The dumb interpolation and hosed up colors pre-date even flat screen tvs. All that stuff is done because it makes the tv look good when it's crammed in a best buy next to 20 other tvs. If one refuses to do it then people shopping will go "oh that one looks dimmer than the others it must be bad"

You're supposed to turn all that poo poo off after you take it home, and at this point even grandpas have figured this out

TV -> color TV -> bigger TV -> flat panel TV -> HDTV -> 3D TV -> "120hz" TV/all that extra garbage poo poo

It's to have a reason to sell a TV to someone with a 55 inch flat panel that does 1080p already. If it works they don't need a new TV, they need something that does something theirs doesn't. They tried 3D and that bombed so now we're into interpolation and OLED and color saturation that makes your eyes bleed. The only thing that is supposed to be off when you get home is (like you said) the show floor brightness. All that other poo poo is meant to be on the TV so the person goes 'wow so smooth!'

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Again, interpolation was around since they started sell flat panels.

Even my 80 year old grandma asked me to turn that stuff off when we got her a new tv. She says all her friends have it off too. Everybody thinks it looks lovely but it's there because it pops on the sales floor.

In a world where Instagram filters are a thing, where phone screens exaggerate the balls off color and blue LEDs infest all electronics I guess your grandma is a representation of the general public.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Are you intentionally changing the subject here or what?

Interpolation affects motion not color

People have no taste and like garbage. Instagram filters look like garbage and motion interpolation (usually) also looks like garbage. See what I'm saying? I'm weirded out that this is seemingly difficult of a point to get across and I'm sure most people in this thread are going to be like 'woah I wish I could turn you idiots off!' and then we can start talking about dogs again.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sorry I'm sensitive to glutinous

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

by the way covering a chicken in MSG and sugar isnt seasoning it you retards

MSG, parmesan, what's the difference?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Now that I'm driving a diesel I don't get to partake in Costco fuels because our location doesn't serve diesel :negative:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FogHelmut posted:

Picked up two turkeys today, they're clearing them out. $5 or $10 off depending on the size. Came out to about $0.45 per pound.

Hell yeah, got 19 pounder for 8 dollars. 8!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Geoj posted:

two people aren't going to be able to eat a 3 pound tub of sour cream or two dozen eggs before they go bad, for instance.

lmao challenge completed already, this is exactly what my wife and I do with that big-rear end tub of Daisy sour cream. We can never finish bags of potatoes or blocks of cheese, but broccoli and sour cream are the two items that we usually can finish.
Heck even if you can't finish it the cost still is cheaper than paying for what you do eat elsewhere.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

https://www.sisterschuberts.com/bagged-rolls/dinner-yeast-rolls/

Costco has these in 36 count bags and let me tell you, they are very good. I made everything else from scratch for Christmas dinner but not the breads, took a chance on these and wasn't disappointed. I do recommend.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Good Dog posted:

We split our sacrament today. My girlfriend is a garbage person though.

Costco doesn't judge and neither should you.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Croatoan posted:

I'm going tomorrow to get glasses. I've never gotten glasses at Costco. Is it rad? I bet it's rad. I'm also gonna get a dog and drink combo.

You know this already but yes, it is rad.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tim Whatley posted:

Does Costco also handle ordering of contact lenses? I wear glasses at night and then daily disposable contacts. I need an eye exam and all that too.

Our Costco has a separate optometrist with an office in the store, you do not need a membership to visit them and they are not employed by Costco, she just runs her practice in there. Something about Costco and memberships and medical services, I assume it's like the pharmacy.
You get an exam, get a prescription and then walk out of the office to the Costco optical right outside and order your stuff out there be it glasses or contacts, or both!
I do the same thing you do, glasses at night and disposables during the day. I get it all at Costco.

SirPablo posted:

As nice as Costco is, why wouldn't you use something like Zenni?

I'll get my eye exams there (independent contractor) and get contacts. No glasses though.

Zenni isn't that much cheaper, especially because you can try on the frames while at Costco. Costco frames are only a bit more than Zenni.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Kirkland paper towels are legit but unfortunately Kirkland toilet paper goes for the soft, foo-foo Charmin-esque style rather than the simplicity that is Scotts. Not my style, so I stick with Scotts to rub on my lovely rear end.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Xaris posted:

Sorry about ur hemorrhoids mate

Think of what the boys down at the office would say if they found out I was using a quilted tp tho

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taima posted:

Wiping your rear end with dry toilet paper is loving gross. Why Americans insist on doing that is beyond me. At least get the fuckin' flushable wipes you neanderthals.

Note: I am american I just don't get our habits sometimes

e: do you wipe up a mess with a dry sponge? Clean a kitchen floor with a dry mop? We implicitly understand that these are the actions of an idiot, but we are unable to extend this line of thinking to our buttholes, which is weird becaus your butthole is presumably more important than your sponge, but if you told someone you always used a dry sponge they would look at you like a loving idiot.

Like yeah I agree but unless you have a bidet I just assume most civilized people start with dry, finish with a wet toilet paper and be done.

Chinatown posted:

dont throw wet wipes own the loving toilet please
I'm on well and septic so I have to drain my sewage every few years anyway, I will flush down whatever I want hoss :c00l:

Really we should just have bidets.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

DustyNuts posted:

I lived in Italy and Spain for a couple years each, and dearly miss the bidet action.

If I had more disposable income I'd get this: https://www.costco.com/Bio-Bidet-USPA-6800-Luxury-Bidet-Seat---.product.100015779.html

Maybe I'll save up for one.

edit: scroll down and watch the video to see blissful people that have zero poo poo on their butts!! plus the adjustable nozzle :grin:

of course Costco delivers, why didn't I even think about them having bidets????

Meydey posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Charmin-Extender-Adapter-Mega-Rolls/dp/B001EEIN5U
We bought 4 of these (in chrome) when they were in stock. $4.95. LOL at the jerkoff selling 1 for $49.50.
EDIT: Holy poo poo they are up to $75 on Ebay

Re-make that design, 3D print it, corner the toiletpaper extender market!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Does anyone know if Costco's return policy covers 3 year old toothbrushes?

...asking for a friend :ninja:

If someone can return a live Christmas tree...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Good luck trying to find mens small shirts at my local Costco. Nothing but M - XXXL and I cry every time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Costco has the highest-earners as their customers and I'm the guy that runs in to say "poor"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Accretionist posted:

Anyone else do 'light cheese?' I never order slices. I order whole pizzas to get like, three days worth. Always light cheese. The default amount is bordering on hubris

Also, a slice with an egg on top is very good.

My man, this is me with pretty much any pizza anywhere. Cheese is great, but the ratios on typical pizzas is way off for me and my wife. Light cheese, heavy sauce, the true pizza way imho.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Over There posted:

Any recommendations? I'm somewhat new to this.

I'd say don't cheap out on your tires. That being said, like anything just trudging through the internet to see what the vibe is for tires in your size.
You can order tires separately and bring them to a place and have them mount and balance them too, you don't have to buy your tires from the place that installs them.
If you need basic tire help like measurements and poo poo let us know, it's one of those things that seems complicated and specific outside looking in but is not difficult at all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I don't have an OJ joke, however I do want to sing praises about the vacuum sealer that Costco sells and pairing it with the breads/bagels/croissants from the bakery. Nobody can (or should) eat so much bread before it goes bad, but if you freeze it overnight then swap the frozen bread into vacuum-sealed bags and reseal as you need, wow. That's to say nothing about other bulk savings with sealing stuff away too!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Bum the Sad posted:

You should vacuum before you freeze

The Hambulance posted:

If you want to preserve the shape, you freeze first then vac seal.

Yeah it's this. I don't care too much about the croissants but the normal bread gets crushed hard from it if it isn't frozen stiff beforehand.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Do you have the one that's on sale? I want it very badly

We did pick that one up. We do also have a lot of storage and just put it away when we aren't using it but it's a++

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Grem posted:

Suppose this may be the place to ask. Dr. Bonnar's castile soap... Burns my rear end in a top hat. That means it's working, yea?

Just the mint one does. You can get an unsented version (maybe not at Costco) and use it as-is or drop in your own essential oils for whatever scents you want. We get Castile soap and I like to mix it with a pine oil so I can smell like real man/pine forrest

Edit
Also yeah don't use it straight. I go 50/50 with water but we have a water softener so if you don't you might need more soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Got my check back. Since it's just my wife and I (small) and our (also small) dog there is only so much value we can extract. However, we've been blessed with a 20 dollar surplus over the cost of executive membership. More money = better than.