Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Put chicken on a tortilla with some other things that you like.

Make a chicken sandwich.

Dice the chicken, mix up some bbq sauce, and make bbq chicken sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I wonder why they would do this. Less people buying pizza and dawgs = less monies right? Plus my local Costco has an outdoor foodcourt so idk how that works.

The outdoor ones are the reason Costco is even bothering with this.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man, I signed up myself for costco membership and in the big nickname box I put "Flash, savior of the universe" and for my nickname they just gave me "Flash"

Should have gone with 'King of the impossible'.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bottled water is going to be on sale!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Sometimes it's hard to separate garlic chat and bidet chat.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

phosdex posted:

Costco I go to replaced the food court tables with a row of new cars.

It makes for a nice private dining experience but you'd think they'd be worried about people spilling food or drinks on the upholstery.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Someone teach them how to hide headers and footers.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

*carries printer to costco*

Excellent; they can pay you in toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water, rice, and lysol.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

.Z. posted:

Looks like the Seattle area Costcos have figured out what level of toilet paper to have out.

I went today (southern California): no paper products in sight but they had ridiculous amounts of bottled water. Frozen food area was half wasteland and half full stock.

Easiest Costco parking I've ever seen and no line to get in. Store was about as busy as normal, though not much in the way of a line at checkout. A friendly man behind me in the checkout line shared his open mouth coughs with my cart and conveyor belt of goods though, so that was nice.

Can confirm rotisserie chickens, limit 1 though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Honestly, if they can just get a ton of photos like this on social media the "shortage" will evaporate overnight.

Nah, people will panic and rush to buy those because "they might run out again".

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Spinz posted:

Want to order from Costco.com but no laundry detergent available of any kind

Argh, thats what we need

drat

There was a ton of Tide in my local Costco today, at least. Best of luck.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Coronavirus working faster than ever.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html

astral
Apr 26, 2004

My online TP order from costco.com placed a few days back finally shipped. :toot:

The moral: don't be discouraged by a couple of days of "Order Received" purgatory. Miracles do happen.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Still not a single paper product at my local Costco. No TP, paper towels, napkins, paper plates, nothing. Downsides of living in suburban hell I guess

My glorious 30pack just shipped from costco.com and is estimated to arrive tomorrow.

The website is almost completely useless; when I placed the order last night, the search said it wasn't in stock, the product page said it wasn't in stock, but the lists feature said it was. I added it to the cart from the lists page and checked out successfully.

YMMV though because I tried the same thing a couple days back and the order was canceled.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

MageMage posted:

also 12.99 for a whole pizza wtf is this trash

~9.20 USD

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

Haven't been to the warehouse in about a month at this point so we put an online order in last weekend. One of the ten items finally shipped, by itself, but UPS didn't even bother attempting delivery today and instead just took it to the drop off point, which is a packed grocery store. Cool stuff UPS. I can't hate on Costco for taking so long (they were all eligible for 2-day delivery) but I should have guessed delivery would wind up being a bad idea. In an hour-long queue to talk to customer service about canceling the rest of the order.

Do you have a UPS My Choice account? Had you specified an alternate delivery location?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

GORDON posted:

Are there seriously like 40 Costcos in the LA area?

Didn't help with the toilet paper shortages.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Fallom posted:

Media panic is going to be a far greater cause of shortages than temporary plant closures

Either way, ribeyes are the new toilet paper

This is how people get E. coli.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Is there regional Kirkland TP or something? Stuff I can get here is much worse than the Charmin.

They have regional suppliers, yes. My region's KS TP is similar to Amazon's Solimo brand and is very thin.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to the co today and I think my favorite pandemic thing is the food that is clearly packaged for sale to the commercial chain that Costco slapped a price tag in and said 'yeah we'll sell that, why not'

Any interesting finds?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Samples are coming back mid-June, with some changes:

article posted:

“We're going to start doing some things in mid-June on a slow rollout basis in sampling,” Costco chief financial officer Richard Galanti said. “I can't tell you anymore, but needless to say it’s not going to be where you go and just pick up an open sample with your fingers.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/05/28/coronavirus-costco-free-samples-returning-covid-19/5279542002/

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Everyone grab those little Angel Sweet cherry tomatoes, they are absolutely bonkers tasty. I'm eating them every day. They're tiding me over till my own tomatoes and the local variety come in.

My local Costco usually sells Windset Farms tomatoes instead of Sunset tomatoes, so If I want those Angel Sweet ones, I have to get them through AmazonFresh or from Whole Foods. I can confirm they're drat good. If they sell Sunset's "One Sweet Tomato" cherry tomatoes, those are also pretty tasty but sometimes takes an extra extra day or two to hit that peak sweetness. My absolute favorite, though, are their "Flavor Bombs" on the vine I can sometimes find at Sam's Club.

The good ones from Windset are the "Allegro" cherry tomatoes on the vine and "Cameo" cherry tomatoes. Avoid the "Concerto" cherry tomatoes if possible; at least around here, they haven't been that good lately.

astral fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 31, 2020

astral
Apr 26, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

This looks amazing, but there’s also no way I’d finish it before it went bad. I assume it’s like “use within 5 days of opening” or whatever?

Split what you won't be able to eat in those 5 days up into several small portions and freeze 'em. They should last a few months in the freezer without any major issues.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

costco helpfully sells a vacuum sealer that is great for smaller households to get better mileage out of those giant Costco portions. And then put them in your Costco chest freezer.

FYI though the refill rolls are different from the ones that actually come in the machine, thinner plastic, which will cause things to freezer burn faster. You can order a 6 pack of off-brand 11” rolls on amazon for like $30, I bought the name brand because I figured it would be nice and thick like the starter roll. I felt like that was a bait and switch.

Assuming it's a Foodsaver, did it come with Gamesaver bags or something? Those are more heavy-duty.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

The food saver bags are one of those uncommon products where you're getting ripped off at Costco. Third party bags on Amazon are like 1/10th the price. I've also had good luck with Amazon Oral B replacement toothbrush heads as well and they're a similar amount cheaper.

I've had the best luck directly from the manufacturer; they frequently seem to be offer buy one, get one free specials that work out to be cheaper than Costco's price. There's also usually a good cash back rate from shopping portals.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If these BYD surgical-style masks Costco sells are the same as the BYD ones I bought from Amazon last week, they are pretty decent and in-stock again (though popping in and out of stock) for $21.99. My understanding is they are $20 in-store:

https://www.costco.com/byd-single-use-face-mask%2c-50-masks.product.100654341.html

Amazon's version was https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086MTRH5T but they raised the price to $35 after I bought them.

There's apparently a whole backstory about how they converted their automotive plant to make masks and hand sanitizer.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Fwiw you don’t need a membership to buy booze

At least that’s how it was in the beforetimes

In America. Idk how weirdo Canadians do it

This depends on the laws in your area.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

You can also get a decent discount buying non-knockoff bags directly from foodsaver; they almost always seem to be running some kind of promotion.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Costco.com usually puts the least effort into shipping, so I wouldn't be too optimistic. Most things I've ordered were just chucked into a soft mailing bag.

e: though they do have special shipping policies for it ("only ship Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday delivery."), so hopefully that's because they use dry ice and not just because they are just trying to minimize the amount of time it will have to melt.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

for "juicy" stuff it often helps to freeze stuff a bit before you vacuum seal it, can't pull the liquid if there is no liquid.

also if it's highly juicy the liquid often screws up the seal

That's how you do it. Anything else is playing with fire water.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

That Kirkland Signature frozen pizza that comes in a 4pack was surprisingly good; thanks for the recommendation, Costco thread. They only had Four Cheese, so when this gets finished in a couple months I'll try the Pepperoni one next.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Rescue Toaster posted:

I managed to get a box of the kirkland disinfecting wipes even though they always show out of stock when searching for them. I had them on my 'list' and the add to card button was lit up so there you go. Shopping at costco online is pretty annoying, but unfortunately I live in Iowa and it's just not safe to shop anywhere really. I miss the meat department. Costco needs curbside pickup or something, even though I know that would be nuts.

It's weird but those lists seem to be the best way to find out if you can place an order at Costco and Sam's Club; their websites do not do a good job accurately reflecting in-stock status.

That said, I've had Costco cancel a bunch of orders because an item turns out to be out of stock and they haven't yet figured out the concept of a waiting list.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

I usually pull my gun and start waving it around after firing a couple warning shots

Whipping it out at Costco is usually ill-advised to begin with.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What the gently caress happened to my slice :(

Very small meteorite.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ShowTime posted:

I actually managed to get a PS5 from Costco and didn't have to pay gently caress you scalper prices. Even stranger, the site was obviously swamped when they dropped and I had multiple issues checking out. It easily took me 5 minutes from the moment I added it to my cart to when it went through. During that time other people definitely reported it as showing up as out of stock. That makes me think Costco is one of the few retailers that uses some kind of queue/reserve system. Costco must have recognized me as having it in my cart and "held" it for me while I completed my transaction.

And yea, i've got the confirmation and everything, so it's not one of those situations where Costco is gonna come back and tell me the order has to be canceled. I'm super shocked, but happy I got a PS5 and didn't have to pay a ton for it.

I suspect different regions were involved.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Hasselblad posted:

The concerto grape tomatoes are great like 11 out of 12 months of the year.

That same company's "Cameo" cherry tomatoes on the vine are much better, but my local Costco doesn't seem to carry them any longer. I saw it in stock once, just at the start of the pandemic. :sigh:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

If you refrigerate peanut butter after stirring it, you don’t really need to stir it any more.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

It isn't 2020 anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Can someone with the Winix purifier confirm that it doesn't remember your setting if you disable the ionizer? One of the reviews mentioned that, which would be annoying to deal with.