Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My trip today included a lady who apparently was waiting for the parking spot (I took) but she was pulled ahead three stalls. I think she wanted to back in, at least that's what it seemed like she yelled at me. Whatever, I told her it doesn't work like that.

Also, pita chips are loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Croatoan posted:

I'm going tomorrow to get glasses. I've never gotten glasses at Costco. Is it rad? I bet it's rad. I'm also gonna get a dog and drink combo.

As nice as Costco is, why wouldn't you use something like Zenni?

I'll get my eye exams there (independent contractor) and get contacts. No glasses though.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'd rather buy 10 frames/lenses for $300 than one frame/lenses for $300. Different styles, don't care if they break, leave them in different places, etc. But whatever. Like I said, I do pick up my contacts there.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just returned with a loads of goods. PB is on sale, time to stock up. Also those pita chips are still amazing.

No burgers in Phoenix.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Which pb on sale

Smooth Skippy. $7.50 for two giant tubs is a great deal.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Sure are a lot of royalty in here, too good to eat enhancing chemicals. Go buy the paleo poo poo the Co carries now.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Went to the Co today, ten minutes after they opened. Was already packed. Managed to refrain from getting those amazing pita chips.

Next time I go surely will be time for the annual tithe.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The flour tortillas the Co sells are dog poo poo.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

You aren't talking about the Tortilla Land tortillas right? Because those are the loving bees knees.

I can't remember the brand offhand. They are flat and lifeless. Why not have some soft, chewy, absorbant Mission tortillas?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

Well Tortilla Land tortillas are raw, which should help identify them.

Also you have lost all credibility by using Mission tortillas as an example good brand but whatever

I've never tried the raw ones. May give them a whirl.

Also, Mission are great. So what.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Thinking of hitting the Co on a Saturday afternoon, get the full treatment.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco car rental is definitely hit or miss. Always worth checking out though.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
On vacation in MN, got a brat and pop for $1.50.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone got any questions about Australian Costco?

Does the soda flow clockwise?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've tried to buy tires at Costco for years, they just can't compete with Discount with selection, price, or service. They are thoroughly beat on this arena. In fact, I wonder what idiots are always buying overpriced tires at the Co.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I was in and out of the Co in 16 minutes tonight (purchased 13 items). Weeknight evenings are the best.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

hope and vaseline posted:

I really think Costco's off-brand allergy meds are the best deal in the whole store. Aller-tec/Zyrtec does wonders for me, it's a crazy steal at $13 for a year's supply. Meanwhile branded Zyrtec at walgreens is $40 for 70 tablets.

This is symbolic of America's healthcare system.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco tires have never seemed to be a good deal to me. Discount is way better (ignore the owners lovely politics I guess). Even Big O has decent service.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, BF Goodrich tires are hilariously overpriced and are manufactured for soccer moms and dads who know jack poo poo about cars.

Chinatown posted:

Sumitomo, Hankook, Kumho, Toyo, etc.

Seriously, shop around. Brand names mean jack poo poo.

This man speaks wisdom.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Diaper chat...

The Co is, unfortunately, not good for diapers. Target brand diapers are solid and can be had much cheaper than Costco offerings, particularly when you stock up when they are on sale (and use the Target CC for another 5% savings).

This CNBC list is seriously flawed. Contains diapers, glasses, and tires.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/01/best-deals-at-costco-beyond-food.html

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

pacerhimself posted:

What's wrong with Costco glasses?

You can buy them online from a hundred different places for 1/5 the cost.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Zenni is solid. If you end up not liking the glasses as much, you're out $30 and now have a backup pair. Plus the knowledge of how to order a better pair next time.

If you have vision insurance, unless your employer gives it to you for "free", you're throwing money at a copay that very likely doesn't balance out in your favor.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I went to the grocery store this afternoon and got a rotisserie chicken. It was $2 more and half the size of Co chickens. Plus it was extremely cursed.

Anyone who doesn't get a chicken when at church is a heathen.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

DELETE CASCADE posted:

what good is a bidet going to do when i take most of my shits at work

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've run the numbers, buying an extra freezer and running it for a year just to store more food is too expensive.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

The Midniter posted:

Have you considered the fuel savings from fewer Costco runs to stock up if you have a side freezer, rather than more frequent trips to restock your overly small current freezer?

My dude, the local Co is a scant two miles from my house. I routinely visit church bi-weekly.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Did a big haul on Friday. Was about out of protein powder so grabbed the cookies n cream stuff on sale for $40 for 6 lb. Has 35 g protein and 2 g sugar per serving and blends alright. Wife got some big rear end pillows she seems pleased with. Grabbed some tri tip I'm gonna try cooking in the instapot today.

Sadly learned the Co has dropped the PB powder.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taima posted:

A tri tip in an instant pot... what in the world?

Listen not everyone is fancy with grills and smokers and poo poo.

Turned out fine.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

Ok but like what though? Like how did you make it? I just can’t wrap my head around it.

I rubbed it down with a rub, put it in on high pressure for 32 mins. Came out just a bit pink in the middle (next time I would do bit less time, keep more pink in there). Take out, let it sit 5-10 minutes, then cut. I also ate it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What ever happened to the self checkout scanners you'd use when you dropped poo poo in your cart?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

I'm going to Costco this weekend. :getin:

Weekend trips are a mistake. Tuesday evening is the good stuff.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/4-reasons-not-renew-costco-141600941.html

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

RJWaters2 posted:

"Half-hour drive"
I drive an hour to my church every month and the cash back pays for my Executive membership. What a buffoon

This is America. Driving thirty minutes to a destination is a weekly occurrence.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Costco Gas Savings (CA): $0.50/gal
Costco Gas Savings (AZ): $0.05/gal

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirkland double ply is fine for your rear end.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

The Charmin is on sale for $1 more than the Kirkland so now's the time to stock up.

Just checked this out. Charmin is $1 more but also have the total square footage. Total ripoff. All asses deserve Kirkland.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Renegret posted:

That explains a lot if there's regional differences.

I used to buy Charmin when I was a lone bachelor, but the rolls are just not that big so once I moved in with my now wife we burnt through them way too fast. The Kirkland are a nice middle ground.

There is no way Charmin is the same price. You need to price it out at $/sqft.

Also, whoever recommended this poo poo was spot on. My local church stocked the chipotle flavor. Fantastic cause for my curry chicken wraps. PBUC

http://www.bitchinsauce.com/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How much toilet paper do you people use, jesus. Stop having such leaky assholes.

Sir we are buying church quantities of food here.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My wife said referring to Costco as "church" was offensive to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bummey posted:

Here's the bad poo poo.

Wtf this is completely acceptable rear end paper.