Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

My neighbor just cut down a bunch of trees, and I can see Costco from my house. It's pretty far, I had to estimate it with Google Earth, but I'm sure it's Costco. Perhaps they'll sell me a telescope so I can get visual confirmation.

I am one street away from a Costco! I can't see it because of the other houses, but I KNOW its there.

It takes me about 3 mins to walk there if I needed to...but I am a lazy person who drives there cos I can't be bothered to walk home with my normal cart of stuff. It's much easier to fill up the car and drive it home.

I <3 Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

If you walk to costco and home again, you can burn off some calories

which makes the dog just a little sweeter

Oh, i do!

Get a dog when there, and then get a rotisserie chicken to go home with. I try to do this once a week so I can get the chicken to tear up for our lunches during the week.

Its just hard to walk out with ONE thing...which is why I said I just try not to go cos I blow my budget :( But, I do go once a month or every 6 weeks to get what is needed....and there is no way I can get that home without a car,

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Just got back from Costco...returned home with a lovely leg of lamb and a bag of cuties. I almost walked out with a bag of macadamia nuts and a few evergreen azaleas as well, but I decided not to today since I walked.

And yes, I had a dog and a drink. Life is good!

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Going to Costco tonight and might buy a vacuum sealer I'm stoked

I <3 mine so much.... you will love it too!

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

KakerMix posted:

I wish Costco sold this stuff

https://www.thecookiedoughcafe.com/flavors/

'cause it's rad as all hell.

oh my god...Im so very glad they don't!

I'd be in SO much trouble....and so much for my weight loss :(

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Geoj posted:

I have coolers and a cooler bag, but I don't regularly carry one with me unless I'm planning on buying cold or frozen things in the summer.

I have collapsible ones I keep in the car with my reusable shopping bags. Makes it a lot easier for those "oh crap traffic" times.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I went to church today. I got the hot fresh chicken, paper products, chicken thighs, ibuprofen, and protein shakes as well as a *few* other things. Then before I left, I had a dog for lunch with a drink.

Truly, it was a good day, and my pantry is full as is my tummy.

Not to mention, I got to use my new upgraded executive membership visa card today :) Saving money PLUS a good dog? I'm a happy person.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

milkman dad posted:

What chicken thighs did you get? I tried to get them there once and they were very water logged and not good for stir fry. What are you making with them?

got boneless and bone in.

I bake the bone in, cos its my favorite...and the boneless I use for curries.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I saw a nutrition label on the 2 pk baguette pkg I got but I didnt look at it... I already know its not exactly healthy.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Chinatown posted:

FYI today at Costco is INSANE. Everyone loading up for the BBQ holiday. Its absolute chaos.

yeah, I went this morning to get some steaks and stuff....it was 9:45 and there a TON of people waiting in line for the doors to open. They opened early, and let people in....by the time I actually got thru the doors, there were already people in line with a full basket of stuff. It was amazing.

At least I got my things and stuff and it didn't take as long as I was afraid it would.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
tbh we love the kirkland over charmin etc.

It does the job plus is nice and comfy :)

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I went to church today, and PBUC for all its glory :)

I got ground beef, chicken, coconut oil, chocolate candies, diced tomatoes, butter, protein shakes, and shampoo. And, a 2 pack of the baguettes somehow appeared in my cart...omg they were so fresh and warm...I will admit, I got home and had to get into one right away. It was (and is) delicious!! I did manage to bypass the muffins tho that were calling my name. Barely.

No dog today, the line was way too long and I had things to do and not enough time to wait.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I'm going at some point this week, and will probably pick up a flannel or two for me. Yeah, they are guys shirts but I get cold in the winter and it will be nice to have something not too heavy to snuggle in. I have a few sherpa blankets already but, I get really hot in them after a bit. I'll prob pick up some Halloween candy while I am there too.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Bummey posted:

the pumpkin pies are huge and cheap and they are my friend

chicken and beef is cheap.

you can get free lunch there by roaming the sample sections

just go aisle by aisle. get the costco app on your phone. look at the sales and go hog wild

2nding the pumpkin pies...omg so so good.

I'm seriously debating getting one even tho I am the only one in our house who would eat it. I wonder how well it freezes...hmmmm

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I liked the pie tbh.

Not overly sweet!

I'll go back to making my own tho....i missed not doing that this year.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

FCKGW posted:

No, Arco is cash/debit only, they don’t take credit at all.

Lots of other stations do the “discount for cash” prices though

The Arco's here in northern WA take credit... thats all we use there.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Just got back from Costco...

got Kirkland TP and paper towels, a boneless leg of lamb for Easter, and a couple of La Croix cases. Also grabbed 3 rotisserie chickens, they have since been shredded apart, potioned out, vacuum sealed and frozen for later (used for chicken salads/dumplings/soups/casseroles etc), with the carcasses broken down and in the freezer for stock. Costco chickens make the BEST soup stock...yum!

Oh, and a bag of turkey jerky....that stuff is so addictive.

And I managed to keep my bill below $125 yay me :)

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 18, 2019

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

El Jebus posted:

Socal goon reporting in, $7.99 for 6 softball sized, rock hard avocados.

Also, hot rotisserie chicken is like, hallelujah.

oh yeah I <3 much the rotisserie chicken. I get probably 1-2 a week, shred it off the bone, portion and freeze it. I use it for sandwiches, casseroles, soups etc...and I break down the carcasses and freeze them too and make stock from them.

But I do admit standing over the sink like an animal ripping into a rotisserie chicken now and again. Maybe a bit more than that :P

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Nooner posted:

Got a box of wild planet sardines last time I went and just opened first tin -- holy poo poo these are some meaty bastards I'm used to king oscar that are like 1/3 the size at best these badbois were like 2 crackers worth each! gently caress I love costco

oh yeah...the sardines are amazing !!! Have you tried the wild planet tuna tho? I think its the best tunafish I ever had.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

arisu posted:

Bring a friend who will take non essentials out of the cart and put them back after you add them to your cart.

lol that's my husband...I put things in and he takes them out again "Why is this in here? We don't need this!".... and vice versa. together I estimate we save so much $$

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

And cats love them, though mine only like the fleece side. I bought one and my husband coveted it so much that I bought him his own (though we both know they really belong to the cats).

Edit: case in point, we just got home and found them like this. And they never curl up together, so this is the magic of the sherpas.

My cats have stolen ALL my sherpa blankets :( So I had to go get more.

And now I have to hide to use them cos they are under the impression that I bought them MOAR sherpas :( Then my husband found the one remaining cat free sherpa and claimed as his own, so I am again, sherpaless, and need to go BACK to get another one. I kid you not, we have at least 10 of the sherpas and I get to use none....

I'm never going to be able to use it in peace with 4 of the buggers trying to claim them...sigh. I really need to find a sherpa hoodie...they don't carry them that I have ever seen at my Costco here.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Actually I was just poking around the Costco website, and it's a men's version, but:

https://www.costco.com/Buffalo-Men%27s-Sherpa-Lined-Hooded-Sweatshirt.product.100481049.html

They also have a sherpa blanket 2 pack for $25 right now:

https://www.costco.com/Life-Comfort-Ultimate-Sherpa-Throw%2c-2-pack.product.100495939.html

A little late but thank you!!! I will be ordering one later today :) You are a life saver!

DiggityDoink posted:

Bitchin' Sauce in the Church is limited to like 15 stores in Southern CA and the southwest. A handful of other stores have it too. Raley's and Bel Air also have it in the premium deli section and a bunch of 'natural food' stores have it in my area as well, with even more selection.

We have it here in WA that I have seen at my local Costco... seems popular too.

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

You're welcome! Report back!

And which Costco for Bitchin Sauce? I've looked at Shoreline, Sodo, and Issaquah and haven't seen it (yes I know that WA is more than just Seattle!)

Everett on 19th.