Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

How is the sherpa throw when it comes to fuzzes shedding off the thing after a wash or two?

I've never been able to find a fuzzy blanket similar that doesn't shed tons of fuzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Chicken bake needs more flavor

Itís like 20% ranch dressing already poo poo

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ya this

Isn't it ceasar dressing?

sounds right, Iíve only had one or two. Hotdog or the berry granola yoghurt for me

i would love to try a Costco burrito though

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Taima posted:

Costco has an incredible deal on Glenlivet right now.

A pack of 3 full size bottles: the 12, 15, and 18 year for $99 total.

So good. It also comes in a wack rear end wooden box if you're into that kind of thing (personally it enrages me because it's just complete waste of materials but whatever).

~~**fartz**~~ loving texas moon laws prevent our Costcoís from selling liquor, they only have a liquor store thatís run by some 3rd part that they rent the space too

thatís a great deal

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Is the peri peri sauce in the refrigerated zone?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Costco sardines do suck, major shame. The Seasons brand just taste like mush.

If they carried Wild Planet or King Oscar Costco would be truly unbeatable.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

I have a Costco 5 minutes from work and 5 minutes from home so Iím Ďstco-ing all the time

going to the one by work in the middle of a weekday owns, going on the weekend is a madhouse in the parking lot. gas lines are loving bananas too, I donít understand lining up 30 deep to save 7 cents a gallon but whatever

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Chinatown posted:

I have a jar of these in my fridge at all times. They are for snacking on at all hours of the day/night and nothing more.

drat - not just mammoth, super mammoth. Gonna get some of these tomorrow.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just finished off that artichoke lemon pesto sauce thats on sale in two sittings. No regrets.

drat what artichoke lemon pesto sounds good as hell. How did it rate compared to the normal Costco pesto?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Taima posted:

Smoked salmon also freezes amazingly well, which changed the game for our household because we could never use it fast enough before. We get the 2 pack of Kirkland norway salmon. Nice light smoke and tender.

O gently caress thatís a game changer. I never thought to freeze it, and passed over it because just two of us would never finish it

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

pacerhimself posted:

I bought this a while ago and finally got around to trying it and it's quite good, much better than the lentil penne they also offer.

yo this poo poo is good

and the price per unit at Costco is like 1/10 of the cost at other grocery stores that only sell the tiny boxes

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Iíve never had their pizza so I canít compare!!!

But Iíd eat all the lovely pizza if it would get my local Costco to stock Wild Planet or King Oscar sardines. The seasons ones they have suckkkkk!!!!

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Crab legs can just go on the grill too, it gets warmed up and a little crispy smelling, really good and zero effort

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

phosdex posted:

At Costco, eating a dog

kraut? onion?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Taima posted:

...What?

It's pretty simple, insurance is great when the thing you're insuring against constitutes a major hardship should that thing come to pass.

For that reason a warranty on a TV is, mathematically speaking, worth very little. It just is. I don't know what else to say.

Totally. Something I learned recently is that Amazon will sometimes do this even if you're out of the return window. I ordered an amp, it broke outside the return window, the merchant basically said tough poo poo, and Amazon just cross shipped a new one no questions ask. They're pretty cool, for being, you know, the devil.

Thatís because amazon doesnít give a gently caress about their sellers (or anyone lol), they just stick that refund cost to the merchant anyway.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

SirPablo posted:

It's great when you want a warm beverage in the winter.

O.0

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

drat bro you must either carry way more cash than anyone I know, or have a much smaller Costco bill than anyone I know. I can't get out of Costco without spending at least $150

are you on the run from the law or something?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Fake James posted:

Which Sherpa is the best Sherpa because there are like 5 different brands at my church and I can't find the one I bought last year

Iím rolling Life Comfort Ultimate Sherpa Throw. All the other ones I tested would shed tons of fuzz after a wash, they got returned.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Y'all just reminded me of the jimmy dean complaint call and now I am happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RNb3tt0LM

Well that escalated quickly at the end lol

As a Texas man, I deem this link a blessed post

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wear merino wool socks year round. They wick sweat away, although my feet don't really sweat. But they breath nicely.

I also wear jeans year round.

Yea I wear them year round too, even in Texas summer. You would think by the end of the day the sock would be soaked in sweat, but it never happens. Thin white cotton normal socks come off smelly as hell but the merino wool ones donít. i donít ask any questions, and just wear the wool ones

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

I love the bizarre early nature of how Costco stocks some of their seasonal stuff, especially furniture.

Itís 40 degrees outside and my Costco is loving packed with outdoor patio furniture sets. Come April, when itís 70 degrees, it will probably be replaced with Halloween decorations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Cartoon Man posted:

This poo poo owns.

does, and the price owns bones

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Virigoth posted:

I deeply regret not splurging on heated floors during my remodel.

you can get vent fans for bathrooms that both suck out humid air and also have a heater that blows hot air in so your bathroom is nice and toasty when you get out of the shower, its dope.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Panason...11VH2/203762029

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah but if you don't have one now (me) you have to have a professional install it and drill a whole vent through your house.

That's one of the first things I wanted when I moved into my house. A bathroom vent fan. That and also a garbage disposal. But I'd need an electrician to come over to install some sort of outlet under my sink because nothing is there. And that sounds expensive.

yea you probably don't want to homebrew install it. probably a couple hundred bucks for someone to put it in. but definitely cheaper than the in-floor heating the previous goon was talking about. i actually considered floor heating in a bathroom remodel but the cost was wild.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Suxpool posted:

tbf "you're insane if you don't buy all your meat at costco" is a dumbo thing to say

2.99/lb chicken breasts in 6 packs vs 1.99/lb all day every day at kroger, and i very frequently find other meats cheaper in kroger/meijer as well like ground beef, pork shoulder, pork loin. costco does sales on these comparatively infrequently

i buy the 6 packs anyway bc they're real convenient to cut apart and freeze but i'm apparently as dumb with money as you are

also PBUC

1.99/lb chicken breasts at kroger? are you posting from 2002?

im legit very envious of those prices

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

PerniciousKnid posted:

They're out of frozen orange chicken, what are some other good frozen emergency dinners?

frozen peeled shrimp, frozen stirfry veggie mix and hopefully you already got some rice made (or buy the microwave rice packs)

you are eating in like 12 minutes, boom

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

MrQueasy posted:

How many people do you have in your house that this is economical? I always drool at the cheese selections, but then I worry about slipping into a world where I only eat cheese for a week because "it's gonna get moldy soon..."

I have two and it lasts for ever, go get you some cheese bro

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

just means you hang around in the correct places friend

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Should I buy furniture from Costco? Is it good quality and good value like the food? I'm thinking a sofa, bed, and some garden chairs. Despite being a grown up I've never bought good, new furniture before.

If you can buy it in store and pick it up yourself, yea it can be a good deal. If you order it online they add like $100 plus delivery ontop of the in store price.

I've got a dinning table set, leather recliner and some other stuff from Costco. It seems pretty legit, people are usually surprised when I tell them its from Costco too

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

ill never understand the costco gas lines

lets say i have some crazy job where i drive 8 hours all day, and i have to get gas every single day

assuming:
costco gas is an insane $.20/gal cheaper
18 gallon tank
fillup everday
= $3.60 savings per tank
= $18 a week
= $72 a month

considering most people I see in line are just average people filling up their family suv I don't believe anyone is even close to this level of savings. $72 dollars a month is a meaningful amount of money to a lot of people, but not to the people in costco gas lines

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Psion posted:

This has been covered but your ďinsaneĒ 20c cheaper needs to be doubled at minimum. Mine is frequently in the 50-60c cheaper range. I donít get it either but the numbers donít lie.

And Iím already at Costco so the opportunity cost is waiting for like 5, maybe 10 minutes. Itís nothing. Why not, at that point?

Dang thatís a pretty huge discount. Around here Iíve never seen it so much lower, usually itís only like 10cents. Pretty wild how much it varies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?

Hair Elf

Quixzlizx posted:

Are the Kirkland Merino Wool Blend socks both warm and comfortable?

Anyone try these?: https://www.costco.com/bula-polartec-convertible-balaclava%2c-2-pack.product.100431547.html

I bought a pair each of the 32 Degrees thermal tops and bottoms off the website, and they're pretty nice, so I've already ordered two more pairs of both.

I've got a ton of the Wool Blend Outdoor one (I think the outdoor ones are a little different) and they are great, not too thick but not too thin