Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Alarbus posted:

I feel like $200 is the standard Costco trip.

My disappointment is that they didn't have King Arthur flour. Not blessed.

They're undergoing a recall right now:

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/voluntaryrecall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Alarbus posted:

Awkward.

And we're discussing the recall and e coli outbreak in my food safety class tonight!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Whenever I sit down on the couch and put the sherpa blanket on my lap, my cat gets wide-eyed and bolts over. She's sitting in my lap, purring and making biscuits.

Also I get the huge bag of fresh broccoli, just put some in a tupperware with salt and pepper and microwave it at work. I put the lid on, walk back to my desk, and then it's steamed/crunchy. I get baked tofu at Trader Joe's to go along with it and there's a healthy easy meal with a bunch of sambal on top.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

priznat posted:

Went today and got a ton of christmas gifts for the kids, loaded up on the pretty large "squishimals" which are very popular around my house. AND got a pack of squishamal xmas ornaments for the wife. I thought they were the inferior squeezamals but apparently I got the right ones so yay!

Do you mean the Squishmallows? Those are the ones at my Costco.

They have the weirdest back stories:

"Karina the Pink and Grey Calico Cat. Karina is a numbers girl. Her favorite subjects have always been math and science. She plans on using her data expertise as a future computer scientist!"

"Zoe the Pink Unicorn.

Zoe lives and breathes food. It makes perfect sense since her family owns multiple restaurant businesses in the area. She aspires to become a restaurant owner one day with her cousins, Astrid and Ace."

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

TheManWithNoName posted:

I think these are them. They are $70 in store, and they have three sizes/weigh limits.

https://www.costco.com/yukon-charlie's-pro-ii-series-930-snowshoes%2c-blue.product.100518470.html

I was looking at the Yukon Charlie ones at Costco years ago but saw some mediocre reviews. I ended up buying a pair of Atlas snowshoes at REI for half price at the end of the season instead.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Welp, it happened anyway:

https://twitter.com/azfamily/status/1194017552592076800

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Currently making the mistake of going to church at 2:30pm on a Saturday. Pray for us.

Edit: we're at least blessed to be at the first Costco location in Seattle. Parking here is atrocious though.

Edit 2: don't go to the Seattle Sodo Costco at 2:30pm on a Saturday.

Did acquire salted egg cookies and an ugly Christmas sweater among other things. They had both the $99 and a $550 jamón ibérico, acorn fed.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 17, 2019

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well those are 3 words I never expected to see together.

Salted egg anything is amazing!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chinatown posted:

I also spotted Kirkland Peppermint Bark. Looks good. Did not buy though.

Oh yeah, I bought that today for a presentation at work next week. I'm hoping it hasn't changed from previous years, it's always been awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

StormDrain posted:

An 8oz coffee at Starbucks has like 180, and those are notoriously high in caffeine. Regular home cup is around 100mg, and espresso about 65mg.

So that's a lot. Two of them would have me shaking and I think one would be surprising for the size. I normally have two double shots of espresso so 260mg over an hour.

The 100mg for a home cup is for a 6 oz cup and has no definition of ratio of coffee grounds to water (thanks USDA for making my job harder). 8 oz Pike Place roast at Starbucks is brewed to the SCA ratio and is 155 mg caffeine. These are 11oz so it's not really a wildly different ratio of caffeine to volume of brewed coffee, from an at-home cup.

Also cold brew having more caffeine than other methods is largely a myth. People just drink it faster and in larger servings than hot coffee.

:crossarms: