Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jingleheimer posted:

You guys are all wrong. The best kind of pie is chicken pot pie. I'm so happy that Costco started making them again. As a man who lives alone it's great to buy a Costco chicken pot pie and have that be all my meals for like 4 days.

Wait. Costco makes a giant chicken pot pie? I may need to investigate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Wait. Costco makes a giant chicken pot pie? I may need to investigate this.

Trip report: brought home a 5+ lb chicken pot pie, cooked it tonight, it was delightful.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Irradiation posted:

Ferdinands ice cream and Cougar cheese are the only worthwhile things to come out of Pullman.

loving 100% agreed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Alarbus posted:

I feel like $200 is the standard Costco trip.

My disappointment is that they didn't have King Arthur flour. Not blessed.

Spent $350 at church this week :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Suspect Bucket posted:

The wild frozen salmon fillets are amazing. Huge 6-8oz fillets, they are a fantastic meal. I always have some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal of fish rice.

100% agreed, we keep a bag in the house at all times.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Suspect Bucket posted:

Do you have an Instant Pot? Let me post the world's easiest fish rice. Gotta grab it from over in the Pressure Cooker thread.

If you can soak the rice an hour ahead of time, you can reduce the pressure cook time to 2 minutes and the fish comes out much better.

This sounds awesome. I don’t have an Instant Pot but it’s been on my list of things to grab when it goes on sale. I will save this recipe till then!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

priznat posted:

I wish they still had the bulgogi beef but I haven’t seen that in ages :sigh:

I got this at the ‘Co last visit, actually. It was very good.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’d love to visit for some actual decent bacon but since I’m in the Seattle area... that’s not loving happening.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

.Z. posted:

Sodo yesterday: https://twitter.com/arrington/status/1238315541678280704

You should go hit Bob's Quality Meats or one of the other quality butcher shops.

That’s a good idea. I’ll look around to see what’s available in my area.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m probably going to need to make a Costco trip sometime in the next week and am dreading it. I’m only planning to do this once so hopefully the TP gods will be with me. My local stores haven’t had TP on the shelves when I’ve gone in 3+ weeks (south of Seattle). I’m down to a couple of rolls.

I’m assuming the play is still arrive a couple of hours before open and wait? I would likely be going to the Covington, WA location if it matters. Anyone been there lately and have a trip report?

I remember the simpler days when I could just stop by for a hot dog (with refill) :negative:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Made the trek out this morning to the Covington, WA Costco and arrived about 8:20. Knew senior day was Tues/Thurs, so had planned for Wednesday and wanted to be plenty early in case there was a line/crowd. Apparently Wednesday from 8-9 is Costco employee shopping hours (which is super cool, I’m glad they do that, just had no idea that was the case). There weren’t many employees shopping so they let the regular people in too, which was really nice of them.

Got almost everything on my list. No TP (sigh- the checker told me it’s usually gone within an hour of opening, so to try coming Friday or Monday at 9-9:15. Opening is at 10, they’ve been opening 15-20 minutes early at 9:40 or so according to her). Only other thing I missed was taco seasoning, that apparently ran out yesterday. They did have paper towels which was nice, and even had Clorox wipes which I couldn’t believe. Grabbed one of those- they were gone by the time I checked out at 9:00. Plenty of meat products and the rest of my essentials. If I can snag TP on Friday I’ll be set for all of April.

Overall, nowhere near as bad a trip as I expected. I went out of my way to thank every staff member I saw. They said people have been pretty decent to them, which is good to hear. Did not get communion today :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

MarcusSA posted:

This is a great price for these Levis

https://www.costco.com/.product.100512566.html

(for member only) Levi Jean $30-$10 Discount = $20. Discount valid till 04/24

Price is online and in store so I'd check the website first since its free shipping.

They are super comfy.

Thanks for this, had been looking at these in-store but they didn’t have my size. Picked up two pair.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Minto Took posted:

Just FYI everyone, the Kirkland four-pack frozen pepperoni pizzas are legit.

The last time I bought these I found them exceptionally salty, but maybe they’re different now?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

13Pandora13 posted:

The frozen honey walnut shrimp is bad and I am sad.

Also the acai bowl is gone, which most of you will rejoice over, but I was really looking forward to one for dinner.

Instead...bad honey walnut shrimp.

Yeah, I really didn’t like the sauce that came with that shrimp.

13Pandora13 posted:

It's normally pretty good but definitely a small serving thing (like coconut shrimp). The sauce was disgustingly mayonnaise-y though instead of like a sesame-honey glaze like it ought to me.

Exactly. It’s not good.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

AlphariusOmegon posted:

I can't believe the SomethingAwful forums tricked me into a Costco membership and I spent $520 today.

They talked me into the fancy black card, and honestly other than the potential hassle of need to go there to get the rebate if I get less than $60 back, I don't see why the other type even exists? There's no risk, really, just a higher upfront cost.

Anyway these Jeans are really really comfortable and my freezer is now literally full to the point that it can accept no more frozen veggies. Also like $100 of that was on loving wine because I didn't realize their selection was that legit, and I found a wine there that I haven't seen in years but I remember it being the best cab I ever spent less than $100 on.

Oh and it was like $10 cheaper than I paid last time.

Anyway here's pictures because that's a thing humans do I guess. Had to take the dog out and eat it on my car because of COVID.

Ok I didn't have to do that but I chose to and it was a good choice.

Is this too long for a thread title?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Having never had a vacuum-sealer before, is the one going on sale this week at Costco considered a good quality model compared to whatever else is out there? I’ve been wanting one for a while and intend to pull the trigger as long as this one’s decent.

Edit: Didn’t reread far enough back to catch this, but would love other thoughts too if anyone has any.

Cartoon Man posted:

This has been amazing for me and I highly recommend it in conjunction with Sous Vide cooking.

Referee fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 3, 2020

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I looked at those the other day but didn’t pull the trigger. Would be curious what you think of those.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GI_Clutch posted:

The super premium ice cream is indeed the best, especially when you pour some Kirkland oraganic peanut butter over it.

Got the food court toys for my dog on Saturday, and a Kirkland soft shell men's jacket for $19.99.

This looks like a great jacket. Might have to go find one of these this week.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

These:

...are crack. Holy poo poo they are good. I’m really upset I brought these into the house without buying two more jars

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The North Tower posted:

Got the Mac and Jack’s red beer at Costco in the SEA area. Super good, would recommend.

I’d never seen African Amber in cans before, picked up two six-packs yesterday when I was there. I assume that’s a COVID move, so better to get it while it lasts.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Ugh. Bread lines are back at Washington Costco's.

I tried to go to the Covington one at open today. At 9:45 the parking lot was completely full and there was a three block line back to the main road to turn in. I said gently caress no and turned around.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

John Romero posted:

the costco by me didnt have a goddamn thing you people talk about. no jamon, no peanut butter mix, no bitchin sauce, no smores.

found these cookie bite things though which are very good and were only like $3

:stare: I would like to know what section you found those in.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Gatts posted:

I've been having a lot of the dinners from Costco from their fridge section. The stuff peppers are pretty awesome as is the ravioli lasagna with meat sauce, the enchiladas are decent and the mac and cheese and meatloaf are good too. The chicken croissant sandwich is also solid. I haven't had the beef bulgogi. The tacos were okay but nothing too special. It's pricy but split it into 2 or 3 and you get dinner for days.

My secret shame is event though I know the Costco Enchiladas are higher quality I prefer the Sams Club Enchiladas more.

Stuffed peppers are a staple at our house, I get one of those each trip. Wasn’t super impressed with the ravioli lasagna, but the enchiladas are good too and we love the street tacos. Bulgogi was acceptable but not something I’d go out of my way for. We weren’t fans of the Mac and cheese or the fettuccini.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Renegret posted:

For some reason the chicken is pretty hit or miss, but it's a hit more often than not.

I basically grab one every time we go and it's an easy 2 person dinner for 2 days. It helps if you have extra cheese and cabbage on hand but otherwise it's perfect.

I bought the sauce once and most of it went to waste. It's great on tacos but it doesn't have the best shelf life and I found myself struggling to find ways alternative to use it.

Yeah, the two-pack of bottles I bought had less than a 30-day expiration date. I can’t use that much crema that quickly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hed posted:

one $227 Costco trip later I have successfully picked up the $0.55 medication from the pharmacy

There’s a good thread title.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Scarodactyl posted:

I like the cheap frozen taquitos. They're tasty after midnight with guacamole and they have nothing I'm allergic to in them.

I don’t mind them either. They’re a quick, easy dinner option.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Thanks for this, picked one up for the wife, she loves the fan in the summer.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GORDON posted:

Notre Dame burned, Costco didn't.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ultimate Mango posted:

Those ham and cheese breakfast pastries suuuuuucccccckkkkkk.

I bought them this week to try and was not super impressed either.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

DoubleT2172 posted:

RealGood has been awful of what I tried. I got broccoli and cheddar stuffed chicken breasts and were so bad I threw them all away. Hard pass

We like the ones that are stuffed with fontina and whatever else, but the other ones my store had (which I think are the ones you’re talking about) were not good.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Spinz posted:

What I'm going to do is never ever buy or taste that cinnamon bread

You won't miss what you don't know

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Chinatown posted:

I have this waiting in my fridge. Sukhis is good.

Yup, my wife and I like this.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Cozmosis posted:

This stuff sucks, IMO. I desperately wanted it to be good - but the bread is tasteless and the cheese isn't great.

Yep, this was my wife and I’s reaction as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

maniacripper posted:

I swear to god these things are so good. About to head out to Costco 1 day before ad break to buy 2 more bags wifey doesn't have a clue its on the list.

I’ve never seen these there. Are these like Kirkland brand Famous Amos? Because if so I’m absolutely getting a bag next time I’m there.