Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does Costco even do gas at those baby states where self-serve is illegal?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

:lol: my costco food court was under construction, couldn't even get my $1.50 hot dog and drink.

:suicide:

Every time I've seen this happen they've set up a temporary kiosk or cart so you can still get hot dogs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Is Costco worth it for me, the typical pathetic single male goon? Most of the food stuff is too much for one person, except stuff that lasts a long time I guess.

I don't really drive much, so the cheaper gas isn't a big thing for me.

How do you feel about hot dog based diets?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Is there Kirkland brand toilet paper and if so, what is it like?

Yes and itís quite decent. Not the very softest out there but more than adequate and very hard to beat for the price. They had a Kirkland premium option a while back that owned but I havenít seen it in ages.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

While this is probably true, I think it is only because so many working class people don't necessarily understand how beneficial buying in bulk is or the concept of unit pricing.

I've had a couple of people in my building see me hauling in Kirkland stuff and they always say "I can't afford to shop at Costco" and stare at me like I'm holding a bunch of Supreme hoodies instead of a giant pack of toliet paper.

you're not wrong, but there is definitely a group of people for whom the $55 annual fee is a big enough expense to be intimidating/prohibitive, and even though costco has extremely good prices and can save you a bunch of money on quality products via bulk purchases, they also very much aim the products they sell at that ~$100k annual household income demographic and a shopping trip there typically requires a very non-trivial outlay

actual poverty fucks with your decision making processes, because you're often going from minor crisis to minor crisis and trying to make sure needs get met in the moment- the person paying a bad unit price to get a 3-pack of low quality TP at the grocery store may understand completely that the 36-pack of name-brand is a better unit price in the abstract, but if you've got like $45 to last you until payday it's real loving hard to drop a third of that on TP, even if doing so would absolutely lead to better outcomes over the longer term

a lot of those people would benefit immensely from using a bulk buying strategy (costco-based or no), but once you're immersed in the cycle of low-income suckage it can be hard to break out

e:f;b

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Moey posted:

I don't know if I want to be you, or be inside you.

as if his length doesn't allow both

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

e.pilot posted:

Why are Costco stations a lawless wasteland of inexpensive gas?

my local one is always very well ordered and efficient

probably because my state doesn't generally let people pump their own gas

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They... do? Or are you talking about currently they don't

I went to costco a couple days ago and the empty cup they provided me with my dog already had a lid on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I might give that a shot. The blurb makes it sound interesting.

I think my issue with American gins is how junipery they are.

Try Aviation sometime if you havenít (itís extremely good despite the recent celebrity endorsement)

I guess it is a bit juniper forward but itís extremely mild/smooth (enough that it can easily be consumed neat)

Iíd agree rando American gin can often be a bit rough but itís frequently because itís one of the first offerings new craft distilleries put to market while they wait for their bourbon (or whatever) to age, but there are definitely good offerings for it there

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 10, 2021