Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here

Nap Ghost

Even regular gas stations don't make much on just gasoline, that's why they all have mini marts. the Margins of profit on selling gasoline is generally low and volatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Does Costco do memorial day sales

I'm shopping washer/dryer and prefer Costco for appliances, but other places are gonna have mad sales in two weeks.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

They do a month long (maybe 3 weeks?) sale and don't deviate from that schedule. Sometimes they may put related items in that month's ad (like TVs in whatever ad Superbowl falls in) but other than that no, they don't do special ads outside of Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Current ad ends today so check back in a week or so and see if anything is on sale.

Meydey posted:

Probably something in the ad but no blow your socks off loss leaders like other places. You do get a much better warranty and a dog and coke out the door.

I also very much enjoy the hassle-free delivery/install/haul-away, without dealing with a bunch of crap.

But will hold off and check back when the sales start, if Lowes or Best Buy blows my panties off then so be it.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

You gotta have fresh shredded mozz to sprinkle on the Kirkland frozens, when they're nearly done.

Basically add a layer of cheese, then they're okay.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Thats it I'm buying this set

https://www.costco.com/Whirlpool-4.5-CuFt-Front-Load-Washer-7.4CuFt-ELECTRIC-Dryer-with--in-Chrome-Shadow.product.100378418.html

Memorial day sales are fine and dandy but literally I just don't wanna deal with other retailers, call this, scheudle that, suckle this. no! I have a job I sould not have to suckle nobody!!

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 22, 2018

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Im always embarrased when my posts confess editing.

Lowtax this is something the new forums that will never happen need to do without.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

If you ever see a car tire with a GREEN air valve stem cover, that means it has nitrogen in it!!!

my c-co washer/dryer were delivered & installed, they're so pretty.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

of those options these are the right ones

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone bought a costco coffin?

My moms got some life insurance through them. So kinda.

Does anyone have this snowcone machine, I suddenly need a snocone machine

https://www.costco.com/Snowie-Little-Snowie-2-Premium-Shaved-Ice-Machine-Bundle.product.100399502.html

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

MisterOblivious posted:

don't have to ask for onion cups anymore!

no deal, My onions must be in cup form.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

Plus they're more expensive (or only carry the more expensive models)

You should never skimp on tires

I mean do your research and don't get ripped off but I got a nice price on a set of Michelin Premier LTX that have probably saved my life a couple times.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

They finally had the Xbox elite controllers back in stock (for $119 vs the 149 plebs pay) so I got one. It seems nice. Not sure how to use these paddle thingies.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

I needed some new window blinds, got a quote from the Costco affiliated company. It was double what another local business quoted me.

I like shopping at Costco, but some of their services just are way out there.

I've had poor experiences getting quotes for windows and AC replacement, the costco partners were by far highest price and also both of the quotes were dragged out dog & pony shows, noticeably different than other quotes. Maybe bad luck but 0-for-2 is 0-for-2.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

2 slices of pep & a cup of onions was my dinner last night. I really want it again.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Peachfart posted:

I think you are panicking a bit much, Costco is still amazing. I will worry when they stop paying well or they jack the prices way upward.

They don't pay that well, for what type of cult loyalty they expect. I worked for CostCo during and right-after high school for about a year. They'd want everyone to a) clock out then b) stand around for 30+ minute 'meetings' before we could go home. These meetings were basic bitch sessions. I stop getting paid at 9pm but can't leave until nearly 10pm, fantastic.

Sure I'm a member now but I'm an old fat suburbanite, what are my choices.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

i will murder any of your familys for an onion, i just want that on the record.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

I need to re-install Skyrim.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

most places would, undercooked poultry is basically russian roulette.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Good Dog posted:

I got a thing of coupons in the mail from Costco. Part of it was for a $20 gift card for new members even though I've had a membership for years. The other coupons are for a free food court pizza, 3lbs of Kirkland brand Colombian coffee, a 72 pack of Kirkland AA batteries, and a 6 pack of canned chicken breast.

I've never gotten coupons like this for free stuff, weird.

MisterOblivious posted:

That's one of those groupon promotion packages they just ran. As for why you received it, :shrug:

It's a promotion for existing members to sign up for auto-renew if they aren't on it. But really, canned chicken.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

COSTCO TRIP REPORT TIME BITCH!

These steaks were labeled as Choice but they look like Prime to me. The quality was clearly superior to the steaks in the other packages it was next to. Did they gently caress up and did I just score???

looks nice for Choice, sweet get @ 10 bux a pop in any case

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nfcknblvbl posted:

My daughter approves of the sherpa throw!

Ah, I was recently gifted one of these (blankets not childs) and was wondering where it was from, it's so incredibly comfy.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Hambulance posted:

Went to Costco today for some chicken bakes (I actually like them) and on my way out, I saw they had Sherpa Hoodies for $12.99 each.

All the warmth of the Sherpa blanket in a hoodie

PBUC

I'm going tomorrow to look for these and if they dont have them I'm going to lose it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

How does everyone wash their throws? I washed mine last night but it was still soaking wet after the cycle, and it took three rounds of drying. It wasnt my settings because I'd been doing laundry all day just fine.. I guess they just hold water like sponges or something.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

yeah I'm afraid of the same thing. does it actually still say fluffy? im just recalling 90s blankets which got super pilly after washing and scratchy :mad:

i ended up just throwing my old one in the corner for my dog to sleep on since he loves sleeping on clothes, pillows, and blankets, and instead buying a new one for myself since its like $10.

It stayed very fluffy and soft!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

i'm trying to buy tires but the dumbass costco website that sucks isn't letting me check out i've tried several payment methods and the idiot bad moron site keeps throwing errors i need tires costco what the hell.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

After two weeks of frustration with the moron rear end in a top hat butt bitches at the tire center, and probably 10 phone calls and two in-person visits, finally my issue was fixed by getting hold of a manager. these assholes jerked me around so much it's still got me a little mad, and yeah i took it out on everyone because god loving dammit. But this awesome dude was able to fix my issue inside of a few minutes. Sometimes channeling your inner karen pays off.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

iwentdoodie posted:

What was the issue?

A couple of you have asked but its a long boring story that I'm sick of repeating (mainly to costco employees) but heres some basics

- two wasted trips, the last one where they assured me on the phone i could drop the car off if I didn't need it immediately (its my 2nd car so keep it as long as you want, i just need it by the end of the month because it also needs its safety inspection). Then when I get there (getting a friend to meet me there for a ride back home by the way), 'oh no we can't do that. heavens to betsy who ever heard of night drop for car service'. But the guy on the phone JUST told me! 'well sorry we cant do that'. well, FUUUUUUUUCK.

- finally losing it and getting the same tires from a local place for $200 more because they didn't have the same promo but i really didn't care at that point

- getting jerked around on returning the costco tires (that last part is what the manager helped me with, although he said I'd get an email confirming and I haven't yet)

Anyway what really added to the frustration was the long waits on the phone, and everyone promising call backs that never happened. Oh and everyone making it a point to tell me how busy they are, I know your busy I've been to a costco before. In the meantime it's not like I have anything to do, i work in biotech and don't remember a week shorter than 60 hours in I dont know how drat long. How about I carve the word busy in your foreheads like aldo raine.

Anyway anyway. I guess I'll call back tomorrow about the return confirmation.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Anyway I'm sorry I know this thread is meant to be a celebration of all things costco and they do have wonderful things and food and stuff and junk. Its just there wasn't really a more appropriate place to vent about this. I'll let the thread get back to being happy.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

has anyone got one of those indoor saunas they sell? I need a sauna right downstairs.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Just wait until you close if it doesnt matter anyway. They aren't pulling your credit every day but who the hell knows what some jackass might do at the last minute.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

I've spent $0 many times because i use their pharmacy and my scripts are mostly paid for, and the food court is usually too packed for my sick rear end to stand around. Last time my total spending was 1 quarter on a bottle of kirkland water that they have in the machines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

It was really slow today, for costco anyway. In and out in a few minutes.