Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Does anyone find the new Kirkland paper towels inferior to the old? The new packaging claims they are stronger but they are much more thin and much less absorbent than the old ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

TraderStav posted:

- DO NOT MISS the Polynesian Cultural Center, this can be your one 'big' activity that you get to pick with the Go Oahu card.

The place has an excellent mission statement but itís really boring. You will learn very little about the history of the cultures. The shows are incredibly poorly produced as well; if you have to go, save your hearing and skip the show at the end of the night.

Edit: also the new and improved Costco paper towels are inferior to the old

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Yíall brothers/sisters/non-binary-siblings ever tried the Turkey Sausage stuffing from Church? Dank af

PBUC

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Had that last night, poo poo was cash.

Amen. PBUC

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

EPICAC posted:

I donít think being healthier is the primary purpose of the convincing fake meats. I read an article a few years ago about the founder of Impossible Foods, and his primary purpose was to reduce the environmental impact of raising livestock.

https://medium.com/impossible-foods/the-mission-that-motivates-us-d4d7de61665

My hope is that fake meat is less carcinogenic than red/processed meat. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/cancer-carcinogenicity-of-the-consumption-of-red-meat-and-processed-meat

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

Samís club switched my tires
Heretic

PBUC

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

redreader posted:

Are apples any good right now? Which kind are the best at Costco?

The big non organic Fuji are clutch. We eat an embarrassing number of apples. 24 every three days. For two people.

Never go with the loose bag bullshit. They seem to come tenderized.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Are the shredded Brussels sprouts with Gouda back at any of your churches? I can't find it yet

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

priznat posted:

Whoa, that sounds good. Are they frozen and you spread on a baking sheet or what are they?

It was actually microwaveable in a plastic pouch that it came in

Vickys Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Smoked Gouda, and Wild Rice

So insanely good but it isn't back yet this season. It is usually in the same deli section as the microwave Turkey

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Sankara posted:

Tried the legendary $1.50 hot dog combo today. Shockingly large hot dog, to be honest!

I don't know, it seems pretty small to me :smug:

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I'm not really concerned if they add more for delivery, if it's something I want to rely on for many years to come I figure it's worth it if it is of good quality and comes from a company that I (comparatively speaking) trust.

Thanks for the information.

We have purchased 3 different recliners from Costco and they have all started falling apart within one year of purchase. The only durable furniture I've bought from Costco was the Tresanti standing desk

If you don't have a truck to haul it back when it breaks down then I would not recommend it

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Quixzlizx posted:

Are the Kirkland Merino Wool Blend socks both warm and comfortable?

Iirc they are like 5% wool

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Maybe everyone came to their senses this year and realized that pumpkin pie loving sucks.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

Have you all noticed the Kirkland paper towels getting thinner and thinner over the past two years? They are almost unusably thin now.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

devmd01 posted:

Happy Friday yaíll

no seatbelt?

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Any Costco mattress suggestions?

The last time I bought a mattress was 12 years ago and I dropped $1500 at a mattress store.

Seconding that the Novoform latex mattresses are decent. If you are a colossal goon like me then you might find it sagging/indenting a bit after a year in, but bearable. The price is the real advantage though.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

I'm late to the garlic chat but let me bring you all into the light:

Pealing garlic with your bare hands is easy as gently caress if you twist the glove back and forth a few times before you peel back the papery bits. Imagine you were trying to break a garlic glove in half by twisting it. That's the motion, just don't go so far as to break it. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodsy Owl
Oct 26, 2004

We've gotten a washer, dryer, and dishwasher from Costco at killer prices with great service. Highly recommend. Buy early though because delivery and installation might be a month out.