Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, there is a nearly 500 page Costco thread. They opened one up between home and work last year, and Costco is now my religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

User control panel use exclusively

:hmmyes:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

27" @1440p is basically the perfect monitor size/resolution I think

Also, they were doing samples of those double chocolate veggie muffins last week that I always was curious about and they in fact own. Getting my baked goods sweet fix for 110cal is pretty ok by me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coredump posted:

Wait they have double chocolate ones too? I got the blueberry one's and they're good.

Yup, blueberry chocolate and then one other I can't recall. I got the blueberry too and they are good but I like the chocolate more I think.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Are they frozen ones you heat up, or are they in the bakery section?

I have to stay out of the bakery part because I'll stand there for a good five minutes before finally going 'Nah, I can't eat twelve servings of cinnamon bun monkey bread on my own'

They are frozen, come individually wrapped in a box of 24, and heat up in about 30 seconds.

I definitely feel your pain on the bakery. I had to convince the checkout lady once that I really only wanted 6 turnovers and I was fine with the price and no really we don't need to go back and get another 6 pack.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by church today to grab some cat food to try out. Our dog loves their dog food, so hopefully this goes well.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone have experience with the Costco car buying service? Thinking I might actually buy new for once.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

canyoneer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/b2cpc7/costco_auto_program/

My parents used it years ago. They had a good experience.
The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

I'm closer to Mr. Mark than Mr. Deals so looks like this might be a decent option.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trastion posted:

Anyone know anything about the TCL 75" that Coscto has (cant find on website) in store for $799?

I've got 2 TCLs I've been very happy with, but I don't know about that model specifically.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I really like their spiced rum at $15 for a 1.75

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Wirecutter suggests Costco stuff all the time though. They even have a dedicated "what to get at Costco" guide.

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/everything-wirecutter-recommends-at-costco/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Picked up some Tilamook mint chocolate ice cream sandwiches today, and they are fantastic. Close second to the peppermint they had around Christmas, and a bit better than the chocolate ones. Wish they stocked these more regularly, but it's probably for the best they don't.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is wine not already vegan?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Made a rare weekend trip and traded my $200 card rebate for a stainless steel utility sink and a couple of dogs. Feels good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

poo poo I forgot, I'm drinking some fantastic IPAs from north Iowa tonight.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

strangehamster posted:

You having a Pseudo Sue there fella?

King Sue :cool:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So, uhhhh, what is bitchin sauce?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone have first hand experience with the Halloween costumes? A buddy of mine is a single father of 4, and I want to pay for his kids costumes this year.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

therobit posted:

My son got a firefighter costume last year and is still using it for dress up. He loves it and it seems to be durable and of good quality. That's the only one I can speak to.

Thanks, seemed like they were pretty good quality. Definitely a lot nicer than the crap I used to buy as a kid.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by after work and had to snag this adorable outfit. My nephew should just about fit into it come Christmas time.

e: they had about equal amounts of Halloween and Christmas stuff out fwiw

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So my store didn't have any Bitchin' Sauce that I could find, but they did have samples of jalapeno artichoke dip which was an instant buy. So freaking good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Right after work on a weekday supremacy.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm usually there around 5 when all the olds are eating dinner, and it's 90% single people shopping with purpose.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

GORDON posted:

I personally didn't like them, and gave away 2 of the 3 packages. I like my meat snacks a little spicier, and those were really bland, IMO.

Yeah this was me too.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm in Nebraska, it's been a pretty hot topic around here.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by after work today and snagged some of those peanut butter pretzels, and dang you guys weren't wrong. Those are really good.

Also, probably goes without saying, but the Kirkland frozen meat lasagna should always have a place in your freezer for pasta emergencies. It saved the day yesterday.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Dang, I was in a few days ago and thought I'd look for something like that and never saw it. We got the chicken pot pie instead and have 3-4 days worth of food.

Is it in the frozen cooler section, where the fish sticks and burgers and things are?

Yeah it's next to the frozen pizzas in my store. Easily the best frozen lasag I've tried, blows Stouffers out of the water. Also it's a huge tray for the price.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My dog is also a big fan of the peanut butter pretzels. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Whole lotta posts ITT about how to ruin an egg. Hard yolks are gross, runny yolks for life. Poach all the eggs!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Moey posted:

You can soft boil easily in the IP too....

I've been experimenting with sous vide, but it's not really any quicker or easier than regular methods. I'll give the IP a shot.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Walrus posted:

Kerry gold > tillamook imo

:hmmyes: Brick of Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese + variety pack of Breton crackers for $6 is doing a drat good job of making me fatter. Oh so tasty though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Kirkland dark spiced rum and blended canadian whiskey are both pretty great for the price.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That's the good one, IMO anyway.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Really debating on whether to go nuts and get that 77" OLED for $4949 this Christmas season...

Like what even is the point of becoming a high earner if you don't splurge on giant OLED tvs?

e: lovely rear end page snipe... speaking of, anyone have experience with that fancy bidet seat in the flyer?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

I haven't used that particular bidet, but just lol if you dont have a bidet. Dry wiping your rear end is for plebs.

Jokes on you, I exclusively poo poo while showering!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm also looking at this model: https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-uspa-6800-luxury-bidet-seat.product.100015779.html

Wish there was a way to try before you buy!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

gently caress it, +1 on the butt washing robot.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

what brand are ya'll buying? costco has a bunch and im getting decision paralysis

I went with the Bio Bidet USPA 6800

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah thinking about that one. any issues with it? did you go with round or oval?

I just ordered an hour ago so no issues yet! Shape is gonna depend on the toilet you're putting it on, mine are round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by church after work to buy some Thanksgiving stuff, place was super packed. Several employees were talking about it being the busiest Monday they've seen, probably doesn't help that a snow storm is blowing in tomorrow. Was going to pick up some pecans to make a pie with, but the Costco pecan pie was only a buck more and looked super good. Less cooking for me!