Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My Japanese butt washing robot arrives today! Hopefully everything needed for install is in the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

What are you going to name it

Mr. Sparkle of course

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

arisu posted:

Office Christmas party was last night.

I was bestowed an $80 gift card to the 'Co.

What should I do with it??

4/5ths of

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kansas City Costcos don't have the sauce. I've looked. Often.

It makes me sad.

I kinda hope it never shows up at mine, because there is no way it lives up to the goon hype.

Also, apparently I'm a Costco regular now. Last two times I've gone the card checker has waved me past without checking my card because they recognized me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

Do they actually really check people's cards where you're at? Every Costco I've ever been to people just hold their cards in view while they walk in.

Yeah they don't actually inspect the cards but rather make sure you have one in hand. Last few times I was in the process of pulling it out of my wallet when the lady waved me on in and said she remembered me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm eyeing a new dining room set for $599.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I think Bitchin Sauce got rolled out to a lot more stores recently. They just got it at mine this week, and it def lives up to the goon hype.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SirPablo posted:

I really liked doing (bag of cauliflower rice) + (can of roast beef) + (pouch of tikki masala) for a filling meal that wasn't murdering you with calories.

I regularly make the cauliflower rice + tikki masala, but why on earth are you adding roast beef and why is it coming from a can??

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

What's the best version of Bitchin Sauce? Only one I've tried so far is the chipotle which is great, but I saw there are like 6 other varieties now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

First time I found it was near the hummus/cheese etc. Today it was in one of the open top coolers for the "featured" items near the freezer sections. They only just recently started stocking it here in Nebraska.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Chinatown posted:

enchiladas my guy

:hmmyes:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Blessed day at church, free samples of all seven varieties of Bitchin Sauce. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I really like the Quest protein bars and also the Robert Irvine Fit Cruch bars.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

I saw the Robert Irvine bars, but the man himself scares me a little bit. Might pick them up though, I couldn't remember at the time if you said they were good or not.

Edit: those things are 390 calories. No loving way, I can eat a real meal for that. Maybe next time I'm gearing up for a snowpocolypse or camping trip tho.

Where do you see that? They are 190 calories.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 26, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trastion posted:

Chicharrones & Bitchin sauce is a good combo.

truth

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

namlosh posted:

So the loveSacs are at my local Costco. Wife and I have wanted one for the last 3 years and have the $ this year.

Any trip reports from people in this thread? I’m thinking of long term use issues...

Did it hold up?

Did you regret it?

Do you still use it?

We want the largest one and to put it in the study
I think I offended the product demo lady for those when they were at our store a few months back. Sat down, thought it was pretty comfy, and then involuntarily laughed out loud when she told me what they cost.

e: shameful snype, how bout that Bitchin Sauce?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I almost went home with one of those the other day, but didn't have a convenient place to put it. Seemed very nice though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

When you stock your new cabinet, throw some of this stuff in

Just picked some up today and it is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This seems like it would be overly sweet. Would you say its sweeter than JD? Seems like a good mixer though.

Definitely sweeter than JD. Mixes surprisingly well with grape soda, but I don't think I could handle more than one. Was $25 for a 750ml

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Hey, is Costco stocking those massive 55 qt bags of potting soil yet? I have a fuckton of things to plant.

Yeah, I saw them in my store this week.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Feeling extremely blessed that the first Costco in my city is only 5 min from my doorstep.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pentyne posted:

If the dumpling chat was about those bibigo frozen 6 pack trays then I have to say they are amazing. Frozen to cooked in 2 minutes in the tray, perfect appetizer or midday snack.

The filling actually tastes better then most delivery food dumplings I've had.

Yeah those things are the bomb. Tasty as hell and something like 250cal for the tray. They were on sale just a few weeks ago and I stocked up!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Hating on Guy Fieri is old and passe, embracing Guy Fieri is the new hotness.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pick posted:

I ate a costco hot dog today

Same

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Same, ate part of one package and threw the rest away.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

^^ yup

These ones.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I may or may not have picked up several cases of water with my hot dog yesterday.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's gotta be regional because I've never had seeds on the hot dog buns from Costco, or anywhere else ever in my life.

that's a hamburger bun only thing around these parts

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:yeshaha: This is extremely relevant to my interests. Did they also have whole pigs?

Yup, at least at mine they do. Almost always seem to have whole pigs and whole lamb.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Washout posted:

Why can't my local here on kauai ever get whole pigs and goats, people go nuts for those locally and the only way to actually get them is to go shoot one yourself, and if you are a transplant like myself it's nearly impossible to get someone to show you the good hunting spots.

drat, you'd figure whole pigs would be a slam dunk there. That's like the first place I think of when I think of a roasted whole pig.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Break them in pieces and put them in an air fryer. Dip in mustard.

They suck if you just eat them cold, but they're loving bomb as hell when heated.

Edit: 350 for 5min in air fryer, fwiw

That never even crossed my mind to try. I think my little bro still has some, I'll have to give it a shot.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bought a Traeger wood pellet grill and a bunch of st. louis spare ribs at the Co yesterday. Gonna fire that bad boy up here in a few.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

The junior model apparently is known for having problems with temperature swings, it wanders up and down about 30 degrees. Which makes low-temp stuff a pain, if you’re trying to run 200 degrees then 30 degrees is a big chunk of that.

Some people manage to get it to behave by tweaking the p-factor on the controller, others still have problems. It kinda sounds like it’s just endemic to the way they do their controller, the bigger models have enough thermal mass to hold temp while the pellet feed “pauses”, the junior doesn’t.

I got one, read about it online, and changed my mind and took it back. There are bigger smokers available for $350, sure you may have to fiddle with them but the Traeger apparently isn’t plug and play either.

I saw they now have Louisiana Smoker vertical smokers available for I think $400 ish? I haven’t seen reviews but it’s a much bigger one for a similar price to the junior/much cheaper than the equivalent Traegers.

I went with the Silverton 620 which seems to be a new Costco only model. It has the D2 drive that is supposed to work better at holding temps, but we'll see. It took a bit of fiddling to get going, but the wifi control is pretty nice to have too.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No communion unless you tithe. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Suxpool posted:

i hate sample ladies and the traffic jams they cause

this is the best costco news ever

:hmmyes:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped to pick up a cell phone preorder this morning, and the phone guy gave me a $100 costco gift card just because it took him longer than expected to get all the paperwork done. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not sure how comfortable I am sharing a thread with non-executive members honestly.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped in after work and there was zero toilet paper or even paper towels to be found. That entire section was full of bottled water instead. Glad that I bought an extra package last time the Charmin was on sale.

Also got a dog, no seeds, but forgot to snap a pic.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

God drat. Living in flyover country has its perks I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

5gal buckets with one of these airtight lids make for great bulk food / pet food storage.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KAY4S2/