Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

AKZ posted:

not a fan of skim milk either, I take it?

I suppose when you're used to tiger milk straight from the tap not much else compares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

You whole milk cowards should be drinking heavy cream.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm getting a little nervous about the lack of pee pads the last few times I've gone. We've got two very elderly cats that don't aim quite as good as they used to, and we're down to 1/4 of a box of pads.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sam's Club splashed out on a Superbowl ad to show off their scanner app that lets you bypass the checkout lines. That's the one thing they have over Costco and I dearly wish we could get it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They had some of those Kirkland bags in my store a few weeks ago for $24.99. I picked up a box but am still working through the previous Food Saver box before I try one.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Midniter posted:

Got a pack (well, 2-pack) of frozen orange chicken but haven't tried it yet. We got a bag of mandarin chicken from Trader Joe's the other week which was really good and spurred this purchase - anyone tried it? Good? Not good?

It's better than the Trader Joe's chicken, and I think the TJ chicken is pretty dang good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Scored some of the Kirkland lobster bisque 2-packs that were getting close to exp date for only 97 cents yesterday. Just had some for lunch, and that has to be the best $ to quality ratio on food ever.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Spinz posted:

Holy poo poo

Yes

Were they just sitting there marked 97 cents???

Yup, they had a whole end cap of the refrigerated section about half full with a big .97 sign, no limit. I thought it was a typo at first. Exp date is about a week away, so I only grabbed two.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Bowflex dumbbell set they had in store was adjustable from 5-50lb. It looked pretty nice to me.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lovesacs seemed crazy overpriced to me for what they are. Costco in store right now has a $140 huge bean bag chair that honestly felt the same to me when I sat in it. I'm not sure what the difference is, maybe the lovesac is bigger? I can't imagine it's worth an extra $600 though.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I did it, I bought the giant $140 memory foam bean bag. It is MUCH larger in my house than it seemed in the store.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looks like a Totoro egg about to hatch in my office

Comfy as hell though, A+ Elden Ring throne

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Those are Denison barbs, prob one of my fave species. Had those guys for quite a few years now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

priznat posted:

What the heck is a love sac and why can you buy it at costco I thought it was a nice family store.

They are featured prominently in the new Jackass movie.

Also, smdh at how many people itt aren't using repurposed pallets for furniture.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Apparently I was supposed to buy two

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fischtick posted:

Are you juicing that aquarium w/ CO2? It looks amazing!

Cat throne looks good too.

Thanks! I went pretty overboard on this tank with automatic CO2 dosing metered by a pH controller and some fairly high intensity lights. I'm like a week overdue on maintenance though so it's kinda overgrown atm

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cozmosis posted:

This stuff sucks, IMO. I desperately wanted it to be good - but the bread is tasteless and the cheese isn't great.

The Motor City Pizza Co. breadsticks are better

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

Should I buy a car battery from Costco

Absolutely, car batteries are one of the best bargains they have.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I thought on the bourbons it was a one run kinda deal.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

Only thing with the roni pizza is that you need to grab extra napkins and dab up all that grease like you're back in high school ulillillia

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bought the Husqvarna on sale last year primarily just for washing our cars. It does a great job at that, but struggles at heavier cleaning jobs like siding or driveways. Also the included hose really sucks so you'll probably want to drop another $20-40 for a new one almost right away.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Extremely blessed visit today

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

CaptainCrunch posted:

Yesterday’s pickup, I succumbed to temptation.

The whiskey and the Brats are really enjoyable. The pizza I’ve not tucked into yet, probably in an hour or so.

That is the kind of cart that earns you the approving nod from the 70 year old dude checking receipts on the way out.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

They are really good, but there are too many in a package for my wife and I to get even halfway through before they go bad. The sad reality of a lot of Costco purchases. :smith:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I haven't had to do a return for a broken product before. I bought a Shark vacuum back in October that isn't working now, I have a receipt but not the box. Is it less hassle to buy a new one and return the old one in the box, or drag the old in as it is? Store is close enough that two trips is no big deal, I just don't want to lug the old vacuum more than once.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Devor posted:

If we say not to do return fraud, will you just do it anyway?

lol wut?

Tunicate posted:

Just bring it in without the box, costco will return anything easy except christmas trees.

Heck you probably don't need the recipet since they have a log of what you bought

Thanks, I'll just drag it down later today.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Devor posted:

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Jeez, good thing we're talking about Costco in the Costco thread then! I was asking if it's more of a hassle for the return staff one way or the other, not how to get something for free. In every scenario I am giving them money for a working vacuum cleaner, the only question is if the trash man or the costco employees get the box.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trip report, vacuum swap was a breeze. They even offered to let me buy a new one and swap the vacuums out for a return since I bought it on sale and there was a $90 price difference. Opted to go for a cheaper model and save even more though. PBUC

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

oh poo poo, like the frozen street corn thing? tell me how that is, i've eyed it for awhile

My wife and I both really like it, works great as a side dish or on tacos.

e: street corn, tortilla encrusted tilapia, microwave bag of cilantro rice, and black beans makes a kick rear end Costco based burrito bowl

e2: topped with some 505 of course

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Did a targeted lunch break run yesterday, somehow found the closest non handicapped spot open and was in and out under 5 minutes. Flower bouquet $17, 9 succulents in a nice planter $19 and 1/4 pound plus all beef hotdog (no soda) $1.50. PBUC