Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

stealie72 posted:

Do you, or does anyone, know if they play the standard gently caress gently caress games with insurance, or will things just be cheaper there? Have a family member just diagnosed with diabetes and is looking at some painful expenses for supplies and insulin. Don't have a ton of experience with pharmacies other than the occasional painkiller and antibiotic, but from what I have seen prices appear to be largely made up when insurance is involved, I'm wondering if their retail prices are cheaper if their prices with insurance will also be cheaper.

I doubt you'll see much of a savings. If you have any prescription drug coverage at all your insurer will probably vacuum up any price difference, since you'll still be paying the same copays.

But what I found made a huge difference, was if they are in a government job or otherwise have lots of insurance choices, check every single plan's cost estimator for drugs, if you can, for both Novolog and Humalog (the big 2) - sometimes the site isn't good about telling you that the reason one medicine is $$$$ is because it's the non-formulary one, and the formulary is only $$.

I'm on my wife's insurance, who works for the feds, and we were bummed out because my insulin costs were going to be like $2k+ a year under all the big insurers. But one of the little random insurers that didn't sound like we were eligible (yes, everyone in the federal gov is eligible) had amazingly low co-pays for insulin, and just piggybacked on Cigna's doctor network, so never had an issue with doctor choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

shadow puppet of a posted:

That bag loos filthy. What am I supposed to be seeing? A healthy cloud of well dispersed shrimp poo?

They don't have a graphic designer on staff, and pass the savings on to you

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ok Comboomer posted:

or you could rent a commercial one once a year

Look at Mr Fancy over here, only has diarrhea on his carpet once a year.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

KakerMix posted:

ok ok this is a bit snippy but man I literally order a set of 4 (sometimes 5) tires from our Costco each month. Ours owns, and that executive membership is ace to have.

See, that's just smart. When they short you a tire on delivery, joke's on them because you only have four wheels on your car.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

schreibs posted:

Tried to but they denied me because I made an insurance claim with an entirely different company when I was renting a house that had a basement flood and I lost a ton of stuff stored there. Kinda stupid.

Insurance makes less money if you're one of those people who "knows how to file a claim". I assume this sort of thing is covered by state laws and regulations about what can disqualify you / affect rates.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Cithen posted:

Does Costco sell refurbished 1960s upright fridge/freezer combos? That's what I really want in a basement unit.

If a child canít lock themselves in the fridge and die, itís too modern

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Enos Cabell posted:

I haven't had to do a return for a broken product before. I bought a Shark vacuum back in October that isn't working now, I have a receipt but not the box. Is it less hassle to buy a new one and return the old one in the box, or drag the old in as it is? Store is close enough that two trips is no big deal, I just don't want to lug the old vacuum more than once.

If we say not to do return fraud, will you just do it anyway?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

Jfc, thank god I only encounter people like you on the internet, I don't know what I'd do if someone I knew in real life was this much of a corporate whore loser

Everyone can do a little bit of retail fraud, as a treat

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, why the gently caress not, it's big box retail. Oh noes, our society will collapse the second the little guy fucks with a huge corp, never mind how they bend us over backwards all the time and we have no recourse.

gently caress off, morals loser. Be sanctimonious elsewhere

This was not a "Should I care if I scam a company" question, it was a "What are the logistics of doing a return" question. I think it's very helpful to point out to someone that they are doing a thing that a company might not like - it arms them with information about how to communicate about the return.

If you want to box swap your grill, more power to you, but a guy asking a sincere question in the Costco thread apparently does need the help understanding that it's not a benefit to the company to turn one opened item into two opened items.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

Nah, you're just a sanctimonious prick.

with free refill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bird with big dick posted:

I just bought a nutribullet and took it out and filled the box full of potatoes and returned it, thanks whoever upthread gave me the idea. Sorry to whoever ends up paying $99 for a box of potatoes.

The extra value is the enjoyment you get, imagining the next guy rolling back up to returns with a Nutribullet box of potatoes, saying "It was like this when I opened it" and getting just the biggest side-eye you can imagine