Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Got the Roomba i8+, pretty great but it thinks my high pile rug is a corner :negative:

Also got 32 guac singles ($16), a five pound bag of tortilla chips ($4), two pounds of antipasto ($12) and a 1.4 pound brie wheel ($7)

like how the gently caress is this so cheap I loving love me some Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

one of my best memories from college is from my econ professor explaining the concept of identical goods

professor: "suppose kirkland signature makes toilet paper"

some kid shouts, "they do make toilet paper"

professor: "okay, well... suppose they make shampoo"

another kid shouts, "they do make shampoo"

professor: "... is there anything kirkland signature doesn't make?"

long pause

third kid: "I don't think so"

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Fourth kid: "WEEEEEEEEED"

that wasn't until I transferred to UC Santa Cruz :mad:

edit: actually kirkland signature weed could very well be a thing in like five years :coolfish:

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 20, 2021

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

re: caffeine pills

I take 100mg 2x/day. Coffee makes me feel terrible. Caffeine pills for me are the equivalent of slowly sipping a coffee over a few hours

Headed to Costco tomorrow because my friend just got her membership. Gonna be magical and am gonna try for a large pepperoni pizza on the way out

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My friend just got her Costco membership so we went yesterday. Got stuff for lox english muffins and it is amazing. Also got manchego, chili mangos, honey roasted macadamia nuts, dried blueberries, and Icelandic yogurt

She had a blessed time

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

costco would make so much loving money if they put their pizzas on grubhub/doordash/uber eats/caviar

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I explicitly left out instacart from that list lol they wanted $100+ to deliver a loving Roomba to my house

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I had an idea for my high school graduation to get 5000 ladybugs from Costco, label them 1-4999, and release all of them around the school. When they finally wrangled them all they'd freak out when they realized they couldn't find the last one

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Made carnitas for dinner. The two pack in the refrigerated aisle is really good imo

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

what do you dip in bitchin Sauce

Real talk it’s amazing on sandwiches

I’m fond of it because it’s from my hometown :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Eating Costco lasagna rn it’s very good

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nwin posted:

The one with sausage in it?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Well they do have the 77" LG OLED with gsync on display...

I have the 48" one (the others are way too big as a monitor) from Costco and it is by far the best monitor I've ever had. 120hz g-sync oled with built in smart tv and speakers? loving yes. Pixel burn isn't becoming as big of a deal anymore and Costco's warranty on them is insanely good

Ironically the larger model(s) are cheaper than the 48" (the 60" one was like $1300 or something insane) but the pixels per inch get too low and will give you a headache if you try to sit the same distance from them

I don't fully agree with this chart, but it's a good frame of reference.

These links give a good idea of what to expect when you get a new monitor if you want to ask if it's going to be crisper than your old one:

https://www.designcompaniesranked.com/resources/is-this-retina/
https://stari.co/tv-monitor-viewing-distance-calculator

I'm anal about this stuff because it took me a long rear end time to find what I needed and hopefully it helps other Costco-goers :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

poll plane variant posted:

there are so many meatballs in the meatball sack

i think im going to make meatball pizza

Re: meatballs

I just tried the gigantic meatballs in the refrigerated section and they're p great but def combine with a good sauce or make your own since the one that comes with it is pretty flavorless (at least to me)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Took my friend on his first Costco run ever. We didn't even hit up the cold areas. That's trip two. What a Disneyesque experience.

Bought a fancy Panasonic microwave. I've only used hand-me-down microwaves my entire life and I'm curious to see how this compares :buddy:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

priznat posted:

I need to get a new microwave, the panasonic I’ve had for 13 years or so is still working fine except the latch for the door has worn so it doesn’t catch unless you slam the gently caress out of it and it’s really annoying. Of course you can’t just repair it easily either :sigh:

What about it prevents it from being repaired?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Costco is like the opposite of Wish

Queen size pillow:

Wait no what

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm never taking my mask off in stores. Covid be damned I haven't been sick in a year and a half. People can barely drive-- and if the Internet has taught me anything-- bathe; if I'm gonna get sick it's gonna be from my own incel cum dungeon thanks

I did a Costco grocery delivery and it was amazing, def recommend. Made Kenji's pasta sauce and a meatball grinder with that Kirkland 6lb bag of Italian meatballs and it was really great

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm gonna be having a housewarming in a bit and I'm trying to refrain from making a Google Sheet that finds the breakeven point where hiring a Lugg to deliver Costco pizzas becomes worth it compared to ordering multiple extra large pizzas from another local good pizza place

It's $54 flat for Lugg to do a "furniture delivery" and $10 per Costco pepperoni, so probably like four pizzas makes it edge out local joints and the bonus being it's Costco pizza

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

n8r posted:

Whenever possible don’t participate in the gig economy.

True

Plus SF has some absolutely incredible pizza

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My girlfriend hadn't had Costco pizza in ten years until this week and it was a total throwback. I got her a super cute cardigan and I got a faux fur lined waffle knit which is extremely comfy. Might go back for another tbh

Also I loving love pomagranates holy poo poo I'm so glad they're back in season

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

large hands posted:

Picked up one of these babies and drat is it warm and cozy. It says fleece but it's basically a Sherpa lined sweatshirt

Wearing mine right now :hfive:

It also looks legitimately great as a women's sweatshirt

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Or coat it in modge podge and frame it :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My Presto satellite heater and two more lined waffle knits arrived and they’re saving my rear end it’s cold as gently caress rn

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Costco used to have these Signature Houseware miniature bowls that ended up being my favorite set of bowls and they were like 10 for $10 and now I can only find them on Amazon and eBay for like six times the price :negative:

I know they're generic and sold by random sellers under different brands too but I know they won't be quite the same :(

edit: these ones

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

made myself a new tote for Costco runs :madmax:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

In stock at the Wilmington NC Costco

I saw those! But the bases are different :(

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Also I learned that same lesson, if you see plates or bowls you like buy all of them. My favorite bowls are from there and I only have four. They are the most used dishes in our home.

I got this set on my last adventure and I really like them a lot:

The quality is really really nice. I'm hoping I can get a lot of use out of them, at least as much as stoneware is capable of before it eventually gets chipped from my clumsy handling :negative:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

Big soup guy, eh?

I only either eat out or go bowls deep

(Yeah I don’t use plates much; they’re in a floor-height cabinet so the weight doesn’t collapse my shelves haha)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Are these the good Sherpa blankets that the thread raves about?

Dunno about anyone else but I love these so much and you should get one imo

I have the twin size for chilling on the couch and it’s perfect for two people too

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I've been using this Presto HeatDish Satellite Space Heater for a month and it's saved my rear end in my apartment. It's only 1000 watts at max heat (and I never need it above half honsetly) so you don't have to worry about blowing ancient fuses, no annoying fan, and directional heating works incredibly well, A+ would recommend

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I don’t have a heater because it was a poo poo inefficient wall heater so I ripped it out since it rattled like crazy when cars drove by and was too close to my speakers anyway

My water heater is in the corner of my kitchen though so if I am really cold I’ll take a shower and it will raise my apartment temp to like 68-70 :stonks:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nwin posted:

Where do you live-Guam?

SF which is probably way worse tbh

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I accidentally bought an extra lined waffle knit. My dad came over for Christmas and I asked if he wanted one just like the one I was wearing. He pulls up his jacket and says “I already have some too!”

Costco owns

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I have the Tramontina 2-pack (10" and 8" I think?) nonstick pans for $35 and they're phenomenal and I highly recommend them

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Wirecutter said the lined Puma sweats are super awesome and I was wondering what y’all thought of them? I need some more loungewear since my gf keeps stealing my cloudknit ones :negative:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Headed to Costco today. Outside of Puma lined sweats, anything else to check out? Cinnamon bread?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Didn’t see the turkey but I did see the Tso’s chicken and got some to try (sf Costco)

They also have Kirkland Signature cloud knit equivalent women’s yoga pants for $10 :aaaaa:

The cinnamon bread has the mass of a dying star and I am so stoked to try it when I get home

Edit: oh my god

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 6, 2022

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

It’s like adult Cinnamon Toast Crunch on pcp in bread form. It’s 3.5lbs, three loaves, for $11 and my gf and I are both string beans and ate half of a loaf in several minutes and had to put it away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I am wholly digging the layered bean dip

Like literally but also