Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Anyone try the Casamigos Reposado tequila?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Why must Costco Gas be closed today?
I need to save $0.50/gal.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Thick cut Costco bacon was perfect for Xmas morning. Sadly they did not have whack Ďme cinnamon rolls.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco frozen lobster trails: yeah or nay?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Former DILF posted:

I'm always at those fruity nutboards

Gravitee posted:

I'm passing on the blessings from like a page ago where someone recommended the garlic lime shrimp and they are truly a gift. Since they are already cooked and the tail removed, just put them in a fancy bowl or make little cracker/shrimp/avocado bites.

I donít think Iíve seen either of these in SoCal.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I go to pray at opening time tomorrow. Booze and hopefully lobster.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

PBUC. Eight cold water lobster tails from the Bahamas, several handles of booze, chocolate chip cookies and a bunch of other stuff. Still canít seem to make a pilgrimage for less than $250.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

poo poo I was going to get shrimp and forgot.

Oh noes, you have to go back. And get more great stuff at amazing prices. And another hot dog plus drink (free refills) for $1.50.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This is good advice. I would get my CPAP supplies from a Costco in a hot minute if I could. Instead I use a lovely DME across the street from Costco and I loathe them with every fiber of my being.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Does it come with a soda + refill? Didn't think so.

I would guess most donger owners would gladly refill as many times as possible, and itís only kind to offer rehydration between refills.

Edit: :giggity:

Ultimate Mango fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 31, 2017

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco lobster was freaking amazing.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco ravioli and a Costco pesto sauce with a Costco salad is a pro tier dinner any night.

And lunch the next day, if you canít partake the sacrament.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

A few weeks back I bought a single pack of socks from Costco and a hot dog at the food court. I accidentally handed her the hot dog receipt and she took two seconds to look at it, marked it off and sent me on my way.

Long ago I sinned. There was a receipt checker at the Costco close to where I lived at the time. The receipt checker from hell. Checked every single thing. Twice.

I had a great trip, lots of stuff. The checker was there, beady eyes and waiting, I could tell they started salivating at the thought of inspecting my haul.

I approached, receipt in hand. Initially held forward as is customary. Then getting closer, starting to crumple in my outstretched hand. Then getting nearly close enough for the handoff, looking straight into the eyes of the hellbeast I put the wadded receipt in my mouth, gave a good chew, eyes locked. I kept walking straight out the door and spit the receipt into the trash.

The hellbeast bothered me no longer.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Went to Costco. Filled the cart with stuff. Checked out and at the end got $9 and change back.

Praise be the rebate.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I just realized that if I shifted all of my spending (mostly Amex today) to the Costco Visa last year, I would have received a five figure refund.

Why the gently caress do I have an Amex any more is what Iím wondering.

Yes the generic cash back isnít good but the other categories with more refund would get me there.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Trastion posted:

I hope all you guys using these cards for cash back are actually paying off the balance each month otherwise your losing way more money to interest than you are getting back.

I thought that went without saying. All yíall need to check out GWM in BFC.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Got gas at Costco today. One of the food court workers just got off shift and was talking to his buddy who was just finishing up the gas station shift. The story I overheard was this: someone at the food court bought a slice of pepperoni pizza. After consuming the entire slice, with the exception of a single piece of the aforementioned pepperoni, the miscreant customer went to complain to the manager about the quality and size of the pizza and demanded a full refund. And, sadly, the manager granted the refund, in full. I get itís policy but the abuse was shameful.

Turns out my Costco did get just a few Ďliveí Christmas trees returned in the few days after Christmas, all for full refunds, but according to the employees Ďhundreds.í

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ketchup on the dog, deli mustard on the polish. Kraut on everything.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I hate it when the receipt checkers take 30 seconds making a smiley face on the back for my kids. And the kids of everyone else in line waiting to get out of the store.

Just make your dumb line on the receipt and let us go already.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

therobit posted:

I have never seen this take longer than 3 seconds.

Iíve timed them at ours. First they have to pay a compliment and half the time literally pinch the cheeks or pat the shoulder of the little one. Then they ask some question. Maybe about a favorite thing they bought at Costco or how school was. Then they wait for a response and maybe follow up. I poo poo you not. Then they inspect the receipt and mark off the items. Then, and only then is it doodle time. Iíve never seen a happy face take so long but oh the artistry some think they have. I canít believe itís not Salvador Daliís best rendition of Mickey Mouse. Maybe an elephant or god knows what. But itís not four lines. Itís forty strokes to draw these, like they are masters at Japanese calligraphy.
God forbid you start to walk out the door while they are drawing. Then they just take longer.

They do this for every single goddamned child.

I was fine when it was just a three second smiley face.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bloodplay it again posted:

Last night in line at the 'co the people ahead of me were confused and somewhat upset they couldn't pay the cashier to take their money and have someone pick up their car, get gas, and bring the car to the front doors. Is that a thing?

Maybe Iceland or NYC.

My boss loves part time in manhattan and apparently Costco delivers, and itís awesome. Order on app, free delivery in a couple of hours.

Costco valet where they load and gas your car sounds like a new membership tier.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

belt posted:

The receipt checker called me "chief" and "captain" the last time I went to Costco.

I'm a 34 year old man.

poo poo like this makes me want to wipe my rear end (in the bathroom you pervs) with the receipt between checking out and leaving past the receipt checkers. Or at least give them the ole mallrats stink palm.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Grem posted:

Answer me honestly here....what kind of conversations do you have with your barber, or stylist, or whoever cuts your hair?

We talk about all kinds of stuff. Travel, sports, new restaurants in the area (or new to us). I try to not ask them about work, because they are at work, and I only talk about my work if the rent something interesting (not just bitch). Some of my family also goes to the same person, so sometimes there is a little family gossip (not telling of horrible family secrets obviously).

Iím fine with small talk. I am not fine with people wasting my time when I am trying to leave a store when I already paid and I have a thousand other things to do and a screaming two year old.

It to be nice and fast, and it has evolved past nice into annoying.

Sure, Iím an awful person, and an rear end in a top hat, but it doesnít mean they arenít wasting my time.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Happy to trade receipt checkers with you all.

In other news: Costco chicken soup is pretty good when you are sick. Nice strong thyme flavor.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Looking forward to those union bay cargo shorts coming back. Got a bunch several years ago and some are getting a little worn, time to restock. Best deal on shorts.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

The Al Pastor salad has been in Orange County forever. Never noticed if it was soy. Will have a closer look.

Yorba Linda is in OC and has the brisket suckwich.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Can you customize the burg? Like tell them to leave off the sauce or pickles or whatever? Or do they just come as they are only?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Went for the double communion today at the ĎCo.

Also got holy water (basil Haydenís and Laphroaig are off $6 each when you buy two, such a good deal).

They had cowboy brand lump charcoal, which is a step down from BGE but was also a great deal (so much so I got 50# of it).

Then a ton of other stuff and how boy there goes $300 before you know it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

not Prime tho... Does Costco have Prime ribeye?

Mine does sometimes. Both individually cut and packaged and if you ask nicely the sub primals in the original packaging at a discount.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RJWaters2 posted:

On sale today, the shin ramyun black for nearly half off.
I went in for: Milk
Total: $167

Thatís a lot of ramen.

My Co was out of kraut. Sad!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

However said to microwave the bars for a few seconds was spot on.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

At mine there is a Pizza Hotline phone by the checkout so you can order your fresh hot pizza while you wait to check out and then pick it up outside. But itís only whole pizzas, not the whole food court menu.

Went for water and napkins yesterday, had lunch (double communion) and got 3 cases of water, four pairs of shorts, and so much other stuff literally one other item would have necessitated a second cart.

PBUC

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tried the burger today. Very average, and at 5 bucks probably not something I'd get again. A rare misstep by the church.

Double mistake in that you canít order it how you want. Burgs are very personal things.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FCKGW posted:

(Tustin Costco, shout out to the goon in this thread who knows what I'm talking about.)

That gas station line sucks, and it makes getting in and out of the shopping nearby hell on earth.

But yeah, probably true of most Costco Gas. About half the time I pass my local Costco gas the line is so bad I donít stop unless Iím below a quarter tank.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

lol if you read packaging

Especially at Costco.

Sure, a pound of pasta per person sounds reasonable, right? And most people can eat two or three chicken breasts on average. And a quart of salad each.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

I get the 19.99 double pack of pillows, wear em out in like 12 months, and just go buy another pack.

Thank you for not abusing the return policy.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

the stack of 1/3 lb frozen burgers are actually pretty legit

I actually received a random comment from another Dad at my kids school a few days ago: ďDude, I heard you make the BEST burgers.Ē
I was shocked because whenever we have a crowd of people over itís just the 1/3rd lb frozen Costco burgs. And now Iím Burger Dad or something.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

therobit posted:

I haven't looked for them for a while, but does the 'CO still sell frozen ground sirloin burgers? Those were really good.

Yes, those are the ones! 1/3rd pound are sirloin, at least at my ĎCo.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Add more tequila!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Please donít blend your dogs.