Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The vegan al pastor salad, the chicken Caesar, and the fruit smoothie are all loving horrible. I’m starting to look for alternative lunch places now. Even once every week or two is too much.

But the 96’ of LED cafe lighting that I strung up today for $.03 cheaper than harbor freight incandescent lights redeemed the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program

Tried to do it for my car ~18 months ago and it didn’t go well, no dealers would honor it (Hyundai).

But did great for Mrs Mango’s Toyota Sienna a little more than a year ago. Very good process, price, experience. A+ would do again.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

It’s two separate and entirely different things. You can’t compare them. They can both be good without competing.

If Costco sold Swedish Style Kirkland Meatballs at the Food Court then game on motherfuckers.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I might go to church tomorrow and take. communion but I haven't decided

Consider this your confession and your sins absolved. Now go eat from the table.

Don’t sin again before partaking.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Five gallons of pickles never looked like such a good idea

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I'm not sure if the giant buckets of icing are even for sale, but you might decide you'll need two of them

For the longest time I thought they were just stored under the tables of the bakery for the people in the back who make the custom cakes.

Now I realize those tubs are for sale and consumption, aren’t they?

Edit: :randstare:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

luchajones posted:

Their ready to eat ribs need to be cooked longer. The meat doesn't even fall off the bone! Who makes ribs this way?

Those pre cooked ones aren’t very good.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Australia is getting Costco online shopping, they are building a warehouse!

Aren’t they all warehouses?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

My printer died over the week.

Thankfully Costco had the best price on the highest rated HP color laser multifunction thingamabob. Praise be, we can print at home again.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

I bought one of those a couple months ago, to replace an ancient HP All-In_One deskjet.

I love the speed of the laser. Haven't had to replace the toner, yet... hope I'm not in for a sticker shock.

Third party toner off amazon maybe?

Reviews said a full set of the full OEM XL toner (read:regular size) was like $700, double what I paid for the printer and starter ink.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

Yeah they'll nail me on my first return, ever.

They should put the toner next to the printer, with the cost of it, to let people know.

Edit - I see the replacement toner on Amazon for less.than $150. That's much more reasonable.

Yeah, Amazon third party is okay. Full retail OEM is not.

Strangely Costco had the chart of which toner went with which printer, listing the HP laser, but Costco doesn’t sell that toner at all in the store where I bought it. Lots and lots of HP inkjet refills though.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My wife is on call today, so naturally I took the kid to Church.

Big mistake, we didn’t have a list and were just killing time so it ended up being a pretty expensive trip.

You, sir, are a true believer and are raising your children properly as well. PBUC!!!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Kaincypher posted:

no poo poo? I'm within a 20 min. drive of most of those places. Central OC for the win! I needs to get more of that beef bulgogi, which I'm pretty sure is made of crack cocaine based on the addictiveness.

The secret is sugar.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Marry the Costco hotdog girl

Pbuc

Propose with a Costco ring.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

And a Costco cake

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Korean BBQ Bake

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ravendas posted:

My wife is afraid that the sherpa throw we got a year ago sheds and bothers our breathing, so she took it and packed it into a duvet cover.

Not as soft, but it feels like a 500 degree lead blanket. Which can be good or bad, depending on the weather/level of autism.

It’s good if you set the AC in your 4,000 sq. ft. house to 45 degrees and hunker down for warmth.

How long before Costco offers an actual weighted Sherpa throw?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

What’s the diameter on the soup pucks, out of curiosity?

You can use a lathe to achieve the dimensions you require, and any shavings simply melt and can be wiped away.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

wait is this a thing?

You can call the pizza line. You know the one with the phone just before the checkout? You can call it. From anywhere.

I’ve called it hours in advance and told them what time I want the pizza and it will be ready. Sometime they will even make off menu pizzas. Sausage and pepperoni? Sure mushroom and extra cheese? Just ask.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

hakimashou posted:

Also got a box of these pretzel sticks covered in carmel and chocolate and man they're good.

If they have the dark chocolate covered pretzel thins/crisps, get every bag they have and thank me later.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Does this have to be refrigerated? I think my wife is getting me one for my birthday...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

If you can bag a Willamete Valley Pinot Noir at your costco do so.

Is this what replaced the bag in a box cab?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

wine followup: kirkland malbec is pretty good, not as much flavor as the others but smooth. kirkland old vine zinfandel i thought was better, will probably pick up a case of that!

also don't buy bagels from costco, those aren't real bagels.

Some of us are 1500 miles from real bagels. We take what we can get.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Olanphonia posted:

(One) of my local Costcos upped the game on the jamon iberico

Please enjoy the secondary, serendipitous shot of the guy buying over 800 bottles of water. Probably because Amazon is coming to our area??

If my Costco had this instead of the regular one it would be at my house right now. This is the stuff.

I may be biased as I have actually been to the festival in Madrid for Jamon Iberico de Bellotta and I have supped at the hooves of the gods.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

That Jamon is out of control.

Buy one and invite 50 people over at $20 each. Get alcohol and the traditional jamon accoutrements (with the rest of the money) and eat the whole thing down to the bone. Break even having thrown an epic party.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

I was very happy with my eye exam at the Costco eye doc

My Costco eye doc found I had a rare issue that needed treatment, that my previous 3 eye docs all missed. When I found the best retina guy in the area, it turned out he personally trained the Co eye doc. PBUC indeed, they picked an excellent independent contractor to occupy that space. Took my insurance, too.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Trastion posted:

Or you got scammed by their insurance fraud plan...

No, it’s a hereditary issue that one of my parents had for years and presented in me in an atypical manner. Absolutely legit thing and likely kept me from losing vision in one eye.

I didn’t find out about the hereditary thing until after the diagnosis, had I known I would have been more diligent in looking for it. Turns out my parent actually woke up not able to see in one eye, got it fixed, and never told me.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

first they came for the kraut and i said nothing. then they came for the onions and still i said nothing.

Then they took my Polish. I muttered under my breath.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Costco got trees yet?

Yorba Linda CA has had fake ones for a month.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

luchajones posted:

Well I went ahead and bought their fraiser fir. Hope I can make it last to Christmas

Abuse the return policy if it doesn’t

I saw people in a relatively affluent area returning fresh cut trees after Christmas. It was awful. They all got refunds.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

If youre anywhere near SoCal, Vallarta or Superior markets carry huge fuckoff bags of them, the giant pots to steam them in, and the corn husks.

Don’t forget the giant bags of dried chiles to make the sauce!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Went to the Co at lunch

Bought 2 pizzas and a dog to treat everyone at work to lunch. $23.

Also bought a Sherpa and a new comforter.

PBUC.

CO version of the loaves and fishes, or given the season the Hanukkah story. A single dog fed an entire company.

PBUC indeed

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Giant bottle of Bulleit is $32, sometimes $30. It's smooth enough to drink on the rocks, but bland enough that you can mix it without feeling guilty.

I had to stop buying it because i drank it too much too fast.

But it is a wise choice indeed.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Pretty much this.

Also you are a drat fool if you buy anything besides the Costco wrapping paper.

This roll is gonna last forever and is a very heavy stock.

Gun, bike, or sous vide part?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I like how they put FOOD SERVICE on there as a legal protection for when the first person dies from one of these

Costco blesses those who serve thyself

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

moolchaba posted:

I'm a little late, but I Costco pizza 9.65/10 for me.

What if I were to wrap my dog with it?

That isn’t a Costco slice. Just look at it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Flaggy posted:

Guillotine.

Does anyone have experience with Costco Optical? Thinking about switching from my spendy as gently caress optometrist to Costco. Almost completing a total conversion to Costco, just need to switch my prescriptions there.

My Costco Optometrist is top tier, but I switched to Zenni for actual glasses.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Trip report: Kirkland signature series Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2016
Fucken daaaaank
Gonna go back and buy a case if they still have it. Hop on this

What’s the price point on those one? There were several new reds at my ‘Co...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I also got the peanut BOGO. 6 dollars for 2 huge cans of dry roasted peanuts? PBUC.

This really is the best. We are almost half way through the first can. May need two more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

Is it possible for a two person household to go through a 25 pound bag of rice, eating it maybe twice a week, before it goes bad?

If so, how does one store an opened bag of 20 pounds of rice, to avoid insects and spoilage?

I don't think a 25 pound bag of Costco rice is a logical purchase for 2 people.

Tell me it was the Calrose rice. That poo poo is awesome and just store it airtight somewhere and eat like a king forever.