Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Our Costco in MD doesn’t have liquor or beer, which sucks and is fine. I really don’t want an excuse to buy any more cases of beers the occasional bottle of whiskey.

We saw the tips that if you get Salmon, make sure you go with Norway or USA sourced. Chile and Russia might be sketchy.

The best thing about Costco lately is an increase in Korea/Japanese/broader Asian products. My son loves the microwave massala channa for lunch. We have enjoyed the rice ramen noodles and konjac noodles. My wife grew up eating the last ones and they are great for folks watching carbs. She’ll buy a big pork tenderloin and then just slice it for making don katsu.

Don’t get the General Tso’s cauliflower. It’s bad.

The Thai coconut curry chicken is not bad for a cheap family meal option though.

We love their cauliflower pizza though. So tasty.

I am going to try the Irish stew but we typically just go get a roast and make stew ourselves.

Also, they’ve had flush ceiling lights on sale and we replaced all of our old fixtures in the last two weeks. Really simple and the lights are a step up from the crappy Amazon boob light options.

Costco is alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We picked up a magical air cleaner box today and it’s doing it’s thing. I even hooked it to the internet and the app over time will tell me whether or not the air is good or bad. High tech.

Also it’s probably leaking our information too.

Also, I’m not a whiskey drinker but I got the cheap but evidently well-regarded bottle of blended Canadian whiskey. I was tempted by the Kirkland Irish whiskey, but I don’t know. Also the Kirkland Irish cream is so cheap and looks fine but... I don’t know.

Found the brown sugar boba ice cream bars this time, and wow. Nice.

Smoked almonds are on sale and good.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm sorry the what. I need to know more and also drat you for telling me about these.

I heard about them in this thread and we finally found them in the desert aisle. We almost missed them. I have a mixed feeling about boba, though I like it. It’s different but it’s good.

Here’s an article about them:

https://www.mashed.com/296821/people-cant-stop-talking-about-these-boba-ice-cream-bars-at-costco/

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Tech days apparently just started. I see a netgear nighthawk 6 stream ax4300 wifi 6 router!

Anyone got one of these ufos? Hows the signal?

The folks in the Networking thread are not really recommending WiFi 6 yet unless you have a bunch of devices using 6. Might be better to wait, although Amazon has a decent WiFi 6 tp-link router for $99.

I’ve had good and bad experiences with Netgear stuff so it’s probably decent.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
This is probably heresy to post non-Costco stuff in this "church" thread, but I just noticed Woot is selling the same Winix Air Purifiers for like $30 off (but without the great Costco warranty, refurbished, and fewer filters). An option for you people who may be on the fence. We are still thinking about getting two more when we head back to Costco in a week or two, if they have them in stock.

https://www.woot.com/offers/winix-c545-4-stage-wifi-air-purifier-10

I'm trying to decide if I should order a couple more sets of filters just for the future. But I am also tempted to order a couple from Woot to save the $60.

The extra filters are here:
https://www.costco.com/winix-replacement-filter-s-for-c545-air-purifier.product.100520768.html

There is a two pack for like $70.

So far, not sure if it is making a huge impact on the air quality in my bedroom.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm a 2 hour drive from an H-Mart or Lotte Mart, but there is a local asian grocery I will check out. Hoping the melona bars come back this Summer.

I’m on the east coast and found them at the Costco in DC. Did see them at H-Mart coincidentally this week. We actually made homemade boba tea today.

But they seemed hidden. We walked by them twice in the freezer section before spotting them. So double check before giving up.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

DarkHorse posted:

I love bourbon and think most Jack Daniels, Jim beam, and similar common whiskeys taste like gasoline. Good stuff is worth the price and a lot smoother (don't breathe out through your nose though, that can still burn)

No shame if it's not your jam, I just love sharing actually good liquor with people

I've decided it's time to grow up and shift to more bourbon and whiskey, so if you can recommend any Costco mainstays on that end, I'll be adding it to my shopping list.

I picked up the Kirkland Canadian blended, and while I wouldn't say it is the best whiskey I've ever had, it's been refreshing with a few ice cubes at the end of a long week. I'm ready for something better though.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We had the kirklands beef lasagna tonight and while it takes two hours to bake, I ate a lot of it.

Will have leftovers tomorrow.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Just got back from the Co after spending $250 but many sale items so probably saved like $50 in deals.

I insisted we pick up chicken breast and pork tenderloin packs. I’ve been experimenting with homemade fried chicken sandwiches and marinated gochujang pork tenderloin on the grill. Excited.

My wife is stoked about the shrimp tempura on sale.

Also got that garden hose on sale because why not?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

MisterOblivious posted:

Have a preferred recipe? That's what I'm cooking tomorrow.

My wife used 4 tablespoons gojuchang, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, one tablespoon soy sauce, two tablespoons rice wine vinegar, salt and pepper on meat, a little sugar and honey, and one tablespoon of canola oil.

Though she added more gojuchang and soy sauce and rice wine to make it more liquid like, just to get a good consistency.

She let the meat marinate a few hours.

I grilled it over charcoal on both sides then moved them to direct heat for about 30 minutes. Then I drizzled extra sauce and put it back on direct heat for a bit. It was drat good.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

iwentdoodie posted:

In weird I'm getting old news I got some of those "weather proof" pants on sale and oh man these things are comfortable and awesome. So stretchy and light, great for summer.

Same and I love them. I’ve lost a bit of weight so the only problem is that I may still have gotten too big of a size.

I want another pair for hiking and fishing and stuff to come this summer.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Get some shrimp.

We got a three pack of pork loin (the smaller size) and chicken breast. Oh if you get Salmon, make sure it is from Norway not Chile.

I’ve never tried the ribs at Costco but someday maybe.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
My wife and I are going to the Co again today.

It’s the key to a happy marriage.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
drat. My heart goes out to you and the family.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
One benefit of continuing to wear a mask is loading up on whiskey, wine, and beer like some kind of incognito masked vigilante. No shame at all when they don’t know who you are.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
They had a bunch more brown sugar boba bars at our Costco in Beltsville, MD.

We spent $300 in this last trip.

Also found some Korean shrimp crackers which my wife and kids love.

I have three pairs of the weather resistant pants in each color now. I love them. I can workout or wear them to work or go fishing or whatever. $14…

Any recommendations on the best sausages at Costco? We are going to grill some artichoke chicken sausages tonight but sometimes I think I should just go for the hot links.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Oh and I didn’t mention but we actually got to try one sample during our last Co visit. Some chickpea snacks. I was excited but the worker wasn’t so enthused.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

iwentdoodie posted:

Those weatherproof pants are legit. I got some to wear to work originally but wore them kayak fishing yesterday. Baller af. Sitting in church parking lot heading in to go grab a couple more pair if they still have them.

End of trip I ended up waist deep in saltwater and was dry by the time I had the car loaded back up.

Yes I wear them to work too. They look nice, feel comfortable, and have me poised for action.

I want to try the açaí frozen bowls since my daughter loves it.

Also blended scotch sounds interesting.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Yeah, I don’t know why people use Costco Tires. Always so expensive even for a get the 4th tire free deal (which is just routine sort of deal). Maybe the quality is better? They just seem to be name brand tires that you can get anywhere.

I tend to go to neighborhood shops run by Korean families and they give me a great deal. And the tires are fine.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
I told my wife that right now a Costco dog and soda is probably in my top ten meal options. Just a good dog at a killer price.

I had one yesterday and ate half of my wife’s dog. Condiment dispenser and tables were out. No relish or onions however.

We bought an Ion Pathfinder (?) portable music amp thing for an outdoor event. It was $40 off and decent value but returned it. Not really loud enough. It did have a bottle opener built in which was cool, but cranked up, it didn’t sound super great. Great return policy for Costco though.

They also have Japanese fish-shaped custard/cream filled deserts right now. A common desert shape for street food in Japan/Korea, though the Korean kinds are filled with red bean. We love finding fun stuff like this to give a try.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Yeah I’m totally in Costco dad mode.

Mostly gonna shop at Costco for clothes from now on. Just got some new shorts and new pants though will return the pants even though the pants have special hidden pockets for smartphones or dad stuff like a pocket knife or fire starter or something.

About to grill up some gojuchang pork tenderloin on my Weber and drink some cheap beer.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Low carb stuff:

My wife has Type 2 as well.

We love the cauliflower pizza at Costco. Very reasonable and good. It’s on sale right now.

Obviously, hummus and salads are great as well as bulking up on salmon (from Norway) and other various meats.

Costco briefly had konjac noodles which were a great alternative to other noodles.

There are keto snack options but they aren’t always great. Almond flour is good though.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We visited the Costco in Edmond, OK and it was new and relatively quiet. No line at the gas station. Clean floors. Bulgogi packs were on sale.

Unfortunately when my wife went back, their whole system went down. So she couldn’t check out. Weird.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
The bulgogi packs in the meat section are fine, especially if you are doing a grill or camp out and have a nice cast iron skillet to get piping hot. My wife is Korean, so she thinks they are a solid deal. I don’t think she adds any extra sauce to them.

I haven’t been to the Co in a while, but a hot dog would be fine today.

My wife’s car needs new tires and we are going to think about giving the Co a shot at replacing them.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Any suggestions on using Costco as a remote office?

Waiting for a few hours while my wife’s car gets new tires

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Barry posted:

Post up in the food court eating dog after dog after dog

Keep thinking this would be a great livestream gimmick.

I’m here. Just got to kill time until the tires are done.

Already had my first dog and ya know it’s good. So good.

Pro-tip: Saw a dude with his dog (covered in relish, ketchup, and mustard) ask for chili and Parmesan packets to sprinkle on top of the beaut. Wow. A master at work.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

binge crotching posted:

Lunch today was the classic Costco special: 2 Dogs 1 Cup

Wait. Can you just order a dog? I always feel locked in to the dog and soda deal and am afraid to rebel.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Good morning from Costco in Beltsville, MD.

Waiting for my wife’s car’s leaky tire to get checked out. I bought the tires less than a month ago. I wouldn’t say I’ve been super impressed by the tire center yet.

I just threw down a dog though, so it’s alright.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Sweetest thing today is seeing some older senior couples sharing a hot dog with a knife and fork at Costco. Romance is not dead.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
No shame in giving gifts from Santa that are obviously Costco products.

Because Santa has good taste and definitely is an Executive Member.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Just asked my wife if she wanted to do something romantic tonight, like go to the Co. She said yes!!!! Date night!!!

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
My wife and I are about to spend a bunch of cash on home upgrades. Anyone had any experience with like the flooring services and stuff?

They have a big appliance sale right now I guess, which we are considering. Quite a few on display although who the hell spends $2k on a gas range or $2k on a fridge with a built-in tablet?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We are in the midst of home renovation.

We purchased three Samsung appliances (fridge, microwave, dishwasher). Good discount. Good delivery.

We also got our new faucet on sale as well as the garbage disposal. Nice solid picks.

The only disappointment has been some under cabinet LEDs light which look great but can’t carry the signal far enough across a gap in our cabinets. Trying to think about swapping in a more powerful power adapter (since the 24 watt one doesn’t seem to have enough charge). Not sure what to do.

Ultimately, Costco has been a good partner in this process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
The Beltsville Costco setup elaborate traffic cone patterns to control traffic and even sealed off one entrance so sweet gas wanters won’t block the main road. I was impressed.