Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I caught up on like 20 pages of this thread and immediately left to go to Costco to get a dog and do some 4th of July cookout shopping.

My Costco is new and about 10 minutes away from both work and home.

PBUC, brothers and sisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

limpy wimpy posted:

They just added tape down to show people that they should form a snake line to get the counter. gently caress that lets just get in one LONG 60+ person line and ignore the poor employee trying to herd you assholes into a semblance of order.

The tape is not that loving hard to get right but no one does it at my costco either. Not as bad a transgression as bringing your loving cart tho

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Can we start the second costco world war over what condiments are appropriate on the burg?

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Today I bought a couch which I thought would fit in the car but absolutely didn't so a friend with a truck saved us. Its a sweet leather power recliner, last one they had boxed up.

On the way in had a dog and a slice of pizza, currently feeling like gastrointestinal Icarus.

Praise be unto Costco.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

As a result, I rarely ever get a dog.

Sorry buddy you're gonna have to turn in your membership card and think about your life choices for a while.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

At 2.6 times the price not accounting for the 20oz Soda w/ Free Refill I would fuckin hope so

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Kirkland pulled pork is now a weekly stable in the fridge. I'm lazy and it's good. Just another tip for y'all from the Doc!

The one time I got it, it didn't really free itself up from being One Huge Brick of Pork when I heated it up. Any ideas? Taste was alright but texture totally lacking.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I went to the 'stco for lunch today, got gas & took communion but forgot the onions this time so feeling sort of unfulfilled.

Praise be.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bro Dad posted:

Gonna go to my local costco in florida and take pictures of all the extremely panicky shoppers

I made the mistake of going yesterday to the new one in Orlando which has TERRIBLE traffic design (one traffic light to get out, one right turn lane and one left+straight no dedicated left turn - green for maybe 20 seconds) and pulling into the lot about gave me a panic attack with how many goddamn cars there were all gridlocked up.

It ended up taking 45 minutes to just drive through the parking lot and get back out. I just wanted a dog & to witness the madness for a little while!

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The za is great if it's crispy, otherwise just good. Thankfully you never have to worry about taking a risk on the dog

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

In the meantime please take the sacrament at least weekly in the form of a $1.50 1/4 LB All Beef Hot Dog plus 20oz Soda with Free Refill.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

poo poo now I am too.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

In the middle. It's extremely good for the price, but not as good as the Aeron. It also depends on your height/weight. If you need an Aeron C the Costco will be less comfortable.

I recommend craigslisting a used aeron.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How is Costco furniture? They have a nice looking sectional for 800

I'm happy with a leather couch & some end tables we bought about a half-year ago. No issues, very comfy and only spend like $1k across all of it.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

Wood is usually lighter than pressboard because pressboard is like 90% glue which is heavy.

:what:

pressboard/particle board is way, way lighter than most types of solid wood.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

That $14 1.75L bottle of rum is just so perfect.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Brothers and sisters I redeemed my rewards today, $420 cash, and bought some ribeye caps, a bunch of wine, and enough toilet paper for the two of us for the next six months.

I didn't get a dog because it was very busy and I needed to get my steaks home but I get to go all the time for lunch during the work week so not a huge loss.

PBUC.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

sounds like you need to get the dog before doing your shopping

poo poo. that would worked perfectly.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

man costco does not stock any loving mediums. They had some really comfy pullovers, but it was just chock full of L, XL, XXL. i wish they would stock a lot less of those since apparently no one buys them

did not get a hot dog last night, store was not too bad at 7:30 PM but the food court was slammed to the brim and wasnt about to wait 30 minutes for a dog while i had frozen stuff.

Dog first next time.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hypnolobster posted:

It's only a selling point for lovely white people.

Tbf certain religions to which I think is more of a consideration than whining vegetarians in this case.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

My costco's beer selection caters to international tourists, which is to say they ONLY have big brands (bud, bug light, coors, corona, heiniken, etc.) plus the Kirkland Light and Craft beer, the latter of which sucks. It all sucks.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Is Kirkland Light actually drinkable? My friends who drink PBR and Miller High Life turn down the 'Stco beer.

I think it's fine, true sign of a fool is to drink poo poo beer and be picky about it.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

I want a new rule where if after three minutes you are unable to get the pump to dispense gas at Costco you're told to go to the back of the line and try again. I swear to god it's like an unsolvable Rubik's cube for some people.

One day someone tried to cut me off from leaving by going THE OPPOSITE WAY to loop around because they pulled up to the pump on the wrong side. Willing to completely gently caress up the line and flow of the gas station area just to save themselves a minute or two fixing their own mistake. Heretics!

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I got the collapsible hammock, we are making plans to stunt this thing at the beach asap.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GORDON posted:

I always go through Costco Travel when reserving rental cars, at a minimum.

Sometimes their hotel offerings are a bit more than I want to spend....

We have had a great time with car rentals and their customer service over the phone. We very frequently seem to get free upgrades, end up with much nicer cars than what we booked/paid for.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

onion dispenser is gone at my 'co

I feel like I've lost a dear friend.

It was always empty though so it's like not much has changed.

same here. what the hell my dudes

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Metaline posted:

Hello everyone I went to Costco today and spent under $100 AMA

Cool just the 1/4lb All Beef Hot Dog with 20oz Soda with Free Refill, then.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Taima posted:

They explain it here:

http://www.cashsaverfoodstores.com/store-info/faqs

The whole idea is that they display the cost price of the item (the price they got it for) then they add a flat 10 percent to cover their costs.

Ultimately it's just a way to trick poor and/or dumb people I think. They have no actual reason to state the prices that way other than to obfuscate the reality of what people are paying, or to otherwise make people believe that they got a better deal than they did.

To be super clear this is NOT sales tax it's just a marketing ploy and you pay tax on everything on top of that.

10% seems like a pretty reasonable profit margin, it's pretty dang transparent albeit convoluted.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Even if there's a loss prevention aspect to it, everyone's nice and it's generally not a bother.

The people who attend to their carts like a ragtag band of criminals are trying to execute a grocery heist are far worse, IMO. Get that poo poo out of the food court line.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Suxpool posted:

The Kirkland merino wool trail socks are $5 off (original price $18 down to $13) for a 6 pack on costco.com right now. For anyone that wears boots regularly for work or just because you're a big tough rugged guy this is a fantastic deal.

I started wearing them a couple years ago in my work boots and quickly made the switch to only these socks. Really thick and comfortable.

All the recent reviews seem to indicate a style/quality change for the worse. Bummer.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

They're really sweet, not good.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

I mean the only reason this is bad in a restaurant setting is you don't want to trust kitchen randos to be drug/disease free (plus weird eww) but in your own house? Eating your own pinky?

Sounds to me like you just don't love cheese enough.

The one time this has happened to me so far I crushed up a styptic pencil and it worked pretty well.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

Is the Kirkland brand of tequila any good?

Yeah, almost every kirkland liquor is great. The spiced rum used to be really tasty but then they switched bottlers apparently because it's sickly sweet now, very gross.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

jisforjosh posted:

Cursed here by not having Kirkland liquor at the attached liquor store.

What the gently caress???

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Mount Olive Italian Plate lunchable-type things in a 5-pack are fantastic, PBUC.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

n8r posted:

Went to the help desk, they took my card and printed a duplicate receipt. They were pretty serious about the whole situation.

I had exactly the same experience, I've felt better getting pulled over and ticketed for speeding. I wasn't going just a little over the speed limit, either.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Orvin posted:

Anyone have experience buying appliances through Costco? I am specifically looking for a new washer and dryer in the near future. Are the delivery/install crews actual Costco employees, or are they contracted out?

I bought most of my appliances through CostCo (washer + dryer a few years ago, kitchen remodel last year) and the delivery/install service has always been good, if 3rd party.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone feed their dog the Kirkland dog foods? My new pup seems to have an issue with grains and the Kirkland foods are grain free but before I buy a huge bag I want to see how other folks like the food.

Have been for years, it's great high-quality dog food for a price that justifies having a membership by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

my favorite tonic is Jack Rudy Cocktail Co's it's fuckin amazing but i dont really know where to buy it regularly and it is pricey. I usually just get the grocery store brand but if costco has fever tree ya boy is about to go next level on g&t's this season

I get the tonic syrup and make it with my soda stream. I agree, itís great.