Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Ran to my local Japanese Costco, more or less no changes in inventory due to the virus I could see, however toilet paper was being sold by the those smaller packs of 6 rolls at around $4 each and you could only buy 2 per family, although the online store is still selling the normal larger packs. The food court also got rid of all their tables which expanded the cart parking area, so people just hung out and ate standing up. I've heard the place was a madhouse the past few weeks but it seems like things are stabilizing.

Also, our hotdog buns have sesame seeds on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

The bulgogi pizza sounds pretty legit though, any pics?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Chinatown posted:

god DAMNIT i was going to go to Japan this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq04n9enKvM

The Costco burger in Japan is more or less the same as the one in the States and is an incredibly mediocre burger. It's huge and will fill you up but the meat is so well done you'd think it was boiled. How anyone could think it's an amazing burger is beyond me, even in Japan there are much better options.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

For fans once you get a DC powered one you'll never go back!

For shavers, I've tried the high end Braun, Norelco, and Panasonic. Norelco was my favorite probably but somehow fried the inside when I charged the battery so I sent it back and they sent me a replacement which did the same thing eventually so I gave up on the brand. Braun gave an average but reliable shave and after many years the foil eventually just broke so I replaced it with a Panasonic Arc 5 which has been going strong ever since, I also want to say it gives the closest shave of the ones I used, also the cleaning unit refills are much cheaper since they're just detergent packets you mix with water. It does an average job on neck hair but I've found they all did that and I always required to use the trimmer to clean that off.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Huh, it was finally time to stock up on the Kirkland paper towels and right away thought they weren't as big as they used to be, they're 140 sheets per roll instead of 160! With 12 rolls you're essentially losing close to 2 rolls worth of paper towel! I blame the shareholders!

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

I know people here say the beer advent calendar is no good, is this one the same that everyone talks about?

https://www.costco.co.jp/New/Kalea-Beer-Advent-500-ml-x-24-cans/p/31904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

I know people say the beer advent calendar is no good, but has anyone seen this wine one?

https://www.costco.co.jp/Wines-Liquors/Wine-Advent-Calendar-375-ml-x-24-bottle/p/36153

I'm not knowledgable about wine, but even at that price of around $120 for 24 bottles, it can't be top shelf stuff!