Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kelp Me! posted:

I always just assumed Kirkland is their private-label brand, AKA they don't actually make anything, just rebrand other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kirkland kosher hot dogs come from the same factory as actual Hebrew Nationals.

Off the top of my head, a couple of the Kirkland beers are actually brewed by the same company that makes Saranac. I know that at Trader Joe's, their hard cider is brewed by Woodchuck.

No they actually bought a hot dog plnt so they wouldn't get chiseled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What's the stink factor like on those tees?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Umm, they are the same size? (grabs ruler and heads to the food court)

It's darker, so it looks bigger

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BaconCopter posted:

WAIT A GATDANGSECONDHER that dog is 100% pork!!!!!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

Went this morning and filled up the gas tank. Went inside and got laundry detergent, a new bike helmet for my new mountain bike ($25!) and a few good 32oz bottles of craft beer and a hallway rug/runner.

Also took a piss in the newly remodeled bathrooms. They have the urinals that go all the way to the floor, which is the best type of urinal. Thanks Costco!

I like the big trough for washing your hands in and peeing in. It's a good idea

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

1500quidporsche posted:

For years the only jeans I could get in my size was castoff Guess jeans purchased at an outlet place. Today Costco delivered, Levi's in my size. I just bought three pairs, praise to Costco for letting me finally get some proper jeans

What size?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Called Costco corporate, who are amazing, natch. It seems only one Costco near me sells the beer, def taking a tour of it this weekend. Gonna walk out with some Kirkland signature light beer, a rotisserie chicken and a big honking hot dog.

I called them once asking about a rug and not only did they know how many were in stock, but they could name the colors that were left

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Can't differentiate whats in rtv and on the floor tho, and stock qty updates overnight so might still be sold out of something if its fast moving.

If you ask they will send someone out to the floor to check for you.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MakaVillian posted:

As someone who had to be sent out to the floor to fold clothes at 7am during Christmas, I hate everyone that rifles through the clothing tables and leaves them in shambles

They really need a better system for displaying them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Haverchuck posted:

Ive got a strong image of flying down the highway at 80mph, looking over at the car in the lane next to me and seeing the driver going to town on a greasy drumstick

Welcome to southern california

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Haverchuck posted:

The whole concept of muffins is stupid. They should just sell the tops

They actually do sell muffin tops at Costco (in the frozen section)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You shouldn't really be using baby wipes every time you change

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I would be happy to go to a Costco hospital

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Sorry, no single bypasses, you have to buy them in threes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

i've been a member since 2008 and never bought a dog :twisted:

I can't even get angry at this. Just sad that someone would cheat themselves in this way

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

Publicly execute the entire Walton family.

IMHO.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Does Costco sell ammo?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kelp Me! posted:

Omicron Spymaster.

Omegle Guymaster

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fellis posted:

I was in costco today and they had whole lambs hanging in the halal freezer section for something like $3.00/lb.

if only I had a huge freezer to store it

Wait but passover is over and ramadan is next month

is it just leftovers?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Costco pizza is boss as gently caress wtf

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fasdar posted:

GOT HOME AND SLAMMED MY COSTCO MEMBERSHIP CARD INTO MY WALLET AND DROVE - CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY - TO MY LOCAL COSTCO. GOT SOME FRESH TOWELS FOR THE INLAWS AND SOME PRIME TILAPIA FILLETS. POUNDED SOME GRANOLA SAMPLES AND WAS BACK AT IT, PICKING UP A JUMBO PACK OF LED BULBS AND A SLAB OF SMOKED SALMON. ALL OF IT: A STEAL.

TWO DOGS AND A PEPSI INCLUDING WIND-DOWN EVERY MORNing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Treating your customers and employees with respect creates loyalty

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pennywise the Frown posted:

And again, the potential drink calories are probably included. That could be a few hundred calories alone.

edit: What he said. I refuse to believe Costco is trying to kill us. Also, not sure if anyone else but those 2 goons watched the Kimmel video but COSTCO SPONSORS AND ENTIRE loving FLOOR OF THE LA CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. They are trying to save our future. :allears:

No, drink calories are given as a range since diet has zero calories

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArtIsResistance posted:

Costco's actually really expensive and you'll spend more on goods that aren't 20 bars of soap

Hey did you know there's another Doobie thread? Why don't you go spam that one again

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Costco essentially provides consistent pricing on bulk sized quantities of product. Some are higher than a general grocery store, and some come in lower. Where Costco shines is the fact that 99% of the items are a known quality, with less mystery brands (store/cheap). Kirkland Signature is considered one of the highest quality store brands, and multiple products have been verified to have been produced by known brand names. Add in the unconditional 100% return policy (minus electronics, but at at 90 days is still better than most retail) and the value is there. Yes you drop $200-400 each trip easily, but at least the stuff you get is quality.

Plus a dog on the way out.

Also it might not always be the best deal, but it's never a bad deal.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Scornful Sexbot posted:

My Costco is in NJ and the "special" food court item is an Italian sausage :( things are ubiquitous are around here and not even very good. I have zero reason to try it at over double the price of a dog. I wish they had a burger or bratwurst, some of you don't know what you've got!!!

Good news though is my trip owned otherwise and I got so much quality poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to an nj costco where the special items were burgers and fries

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Sabatassos mini pizzas are real good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This should be our Costco mascot. :burgerpug:

Dog too small

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Wasn't there some guy who shot another shopper for taking all the free samples at Costco? That should be legal

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Man, what kind of lovely Costcos are you guys hanging out in?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tato posted:

the south. Costcos in VA and NC are full of the fatties in the frozen aisle. At least I got to the Hawaii one once and experienced the joy of fatty free frozen shopping

Hawaiians... not fat??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Detective No. 27 posted:

This photo could have been taken in any state. Costco is the true American ideal. :911:

Not really, the sky is blue

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
:discourse:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Kirkland Butts were delicious and now I have a freezer full of pulled pork.

To celebrate I went back to Costco this morning and bought myself some new jeans and 200 dollars worth of groceries.

E: Also a slice of za and a pepsi.

Pulled pork, pizza, and new bigger jeans?

Enjoy your giant Kirkland butt :twisted:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

smoobles posted:

Costco has good stuff but as a 2-person household the only things we can get are toilet paper and frozen pizza, any meat or produce is like 10 pounds or more and would have to be frozen or we'd get sick of it.

$5 rotisserie chickens tho, god drat.

It's good for throwing parties, they have local beers in bulk (Sam's Club has gently caress off Anheiser brands) and lots of party foods.

If you're only cooking for two you should probably just be buying frozen vegetables anyway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Did the math and​ with the bonus $3500 Costco I could eat a dog and soda combo for lunch 6 years straight. So obviously I had to scoop one up.

Everyone post your favorite amusingly extravagant Costco items:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It made me chuckle that generations of whisky craftsman put their soul into a bottle that now resides in a Costco for the purposes of fat dickheads to point at it.

Better there than on the shelf of some Chinese or Russian robber baron or some Arab sheik who doesn't even drink

The wealthy Costco shopper is the best case scenario for that bottle

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Good, I hope Costco tears the incredibly lovely funeral industry a new one

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CharlesM posted:

Does Costco sell a hand truck / dolly that has 4 wheels? I remember the other day when I was there that there was a hand truck but I didn't look at it carefully, and I need one now -- specifically one of the kinds that both goes upright and lies flat.

Sorry, it's kind of a long drive for me.

I hsve seen one before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Teikanmi posted:

I mean I'd love to see the study and know this is true but something in my gut tells me that Costco clerks aren't allowed to detain people and that the only people who can detain anyone legally in these situations is the cops, but I don't really know poo poo about law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopkeeper%27s_privilege