Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I just took 4 kids to Costco by myself.

Trigger warning this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Bought a Shark vacuum last year when they were like $70 off and can confirm it is very good, no complaints.

Will this so called Shark vacuum handle the hair from a great pyrennes dog? I ask specifcally regarding the hair length and volume, had another vacuum burn out the wheel after the axle got jammed with dog hair.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Itís a good vacuum, Brent.

Itís also the wirecutters top pick
http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-vacuum-cleaner/#ourpick

Thanks my Costco-ians.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

They charge higher prices plus a delivery fee so it seems like a terrible service to me.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GI_Clutch posted:

Do they have select a size Kirkland paper towels? That would be the only way my wife would let me buy them. It's select a size or nothing in this household.

Anyone buying anything but select a size is a heathen and probably also doesn't buy tissues with lotion.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Did you find the plane there?

nice

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GI_Clutch posted:

I liked the Kirkland Greek Yogurt variety pack but it seems it was discontinued. But they do have Siggi's Skyr now, so that's cool. $12.99 for a twelve pack of vanilla and strawberry is a good deal as single cups are like $1.59 at Meijer.

My Costco ordered too much of some Greek yogurt brand recently so just bought 12 single serving packs for under $2 total due to their firesale to get them out before they expire in February.

Feeling pretty good right now.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

RJWaters2 posted:

^ oh beaten by the dude with the wife
stop posting my kinks

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Will the church be open on Easter Sunday for the sacrament?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rutibex posted:

lol "fancy yellow"

Same poo poo as "chocolate" diamonds.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

At one point there were two overly aggressive retired white women blocking the entrance to an isle. They weren't even shopping, just standing there and talking.

I gave a very polite excuse me (or at least, the best I could muster) and made them move so I could walk through and got a death glare in response, before one of them moved to let me through. I then walked through the entire isle and didn't even browse.

Hell yeah this is what I come to SA for. Just wreckin' fools.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm just curious as to how shareholders are actually forcing something really specific like this. I mean, I own a bunch of shares in various companies and the only things I've ever gotten to vote on are really broad stuff like who should be on the board and exec payraises and such. I've never seen something as specific as this. Unless its somehow just shareholder "pressure"?

I don't know about Costco specifically but this would/could be activist shareholders. Either a rich individual or hedge fund owning actual percentages of Costco stock and threatening to replace members of the board if XYZ changes are not made.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I sold my $65k worth last year at $150 ... :argh:

nice humblebrag, you now owe all thread posters a dog and drink

with free refill

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ixian posted:

Went to partake in communion today for lunch at the new Austin Costco that opened recently and one of the food court staff was out cleaning the onion dispenser. Then I noticed she placed a container full of them (to refill it) and had it open for customer use.

Clearly a high ranking priest is in charge of this store. Or someone who reads this thread.

BTW thanks for the earlier tips on the bath towels, holy poo poo.

What is the bath towel tip?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thanks for these tips friends.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

What buns does Jesus buy to serve with Costco 1/4 all beef hot dogs? Because this disciple couldn't find any buns in the church today.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I got a Costco mailer a few days back saying that if I set my membership to auto-renew online I'd get a $20 gift card. I followed the instructions and didn't get anything or even an option to auto renew it just did a regular renewal.

Going to have to speak with the customer service disciples next time I go.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Taima posted:

I used to work at this CA tech company that had their own cooks/free lunches (not an uncommon setup in the area) and the food was pretty alright... but the people who founded the company were from the South so we would randomly have some kind of terrible southern abomination straight out of your worst nightmares.

Examples:

- A giant slab of bologna, fried in fat and just eaten with mustard (?)
- A gigantic slice of iceberg lettuce, like literally a quarter of an entire head of iceberg lettuce, with nothing blue cheese dressing on top, and that's the entire meal (?!?!)

I guess my point is that southern food is loving weird. There are bright points, like BBQ and Cajun food, but it's best as Americans that we don't speak on or post pictures of these shameful items.

The bologna thing is gross. Sounds like you're referring to a shittily made wedge salad (Serious Eats recipe for example of non-poo poo).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I had a dog with sauerkraut and onions that I cranked out of their steel vault today. With a nice line of mustard down the middle. PBUC.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Yellow or deli style mustard?
Yellow.

binge crotching posted:

It had better be proper deli/brown mustard or he's dead to me
Two reasons.
- Yellow is classic American as gently caress.
- Costco's Deli/Brown isn't anything special.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Jan posted:

Can a parishioner help this lost soul by letting me know what the price of this this OLED TV is for Black Friday?

$2649

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

luchajones posted:

Does Costco restock their live Christmas trees? Seems a tad bit early to get one right now.

Not sure and also I don't know how fresh their trees are but in past years I've gotten a live tree the weekend after Thanksgiving (so this one) and with a fresh cut and proper watering they have stayed healthy and green through the new year.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I just bought a backordered fridge on costco.com today. No hotdog via email :(

Anyone have experience with the Costco delivery service/contractors?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fridge delivery update: delivery dudes called about 30 min before arriving, showed up within the previously scheduled 2 hour window, and were super nice on the install and takeaway.

One of the guys pointed out a small dent and noted I could get a whole new fridge delivered or a discount. The phone manager people offered $300 off the price (dent was maybe quarter sized and on the side of the door so barely noticeable), so now we have a new fridge with even better savings PBUC.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I don't think the Kirkland tissues come with the impregnated lotion like Puffs and Kleenex offer. Lotion tissues are life so if I am wrong please let me know.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Charmin extra strong only. Get out of here with your softs

This is the truth. Costco stocking only soft is an unfortunate misstep for the true church.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

They don't only stock soft. They have the extra strong too, just not all the time. Its more variable whether theyll hsve it or not

Dang I've just been unlucky the times I've looked.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Also, I strongly advise against going to "look around."

I browsed TVs last week when I went for a few items. Only bought the few things I needed.

Tonight I got one from their website :blush::homebrew:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

You should not receive a sample until you have shown that you parked your cart responsibly. "Oh the middle of the aisle entrance? Hmmm yes the cart should go here while I stare longingly at tiny bits of free food"

Just have a costco manager doing a circuit of the sample tables and revoking memberships of anyone with a lovely parking job.

*watches costco go out of business in 6 months*

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

I've discovered tikka masala is insanely easy to cook. we cook paneer tikka masala instead of chicken since the gf is vegetarian, but it's even basically no carb as well so good for diets and i ate that a lot with cauliflower rice while i was on a keto diet.

costco carries paneer but it seems hit or miss, if we can't get it we'll just use tofu.

if you want the recipe, pm me. secret is also some fenugreek leaves to go with it that really brings it up to top notch restaurant quality.

Paneer isn't too difficult to make if you want to learn a new thing and perhaps impress the gf.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GI_Clutch posted:

This thing has changed my life. OK, that might be a bit dramatic, but this has made stirring my Kirkland Organic Peanut Butter a clean and hand cramp free experience.

I that model the exact one you use for the Kirkland PB two pack? Definitely considering this.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Confirming my TV has a 7 year warranty. Bought a Samsung KS8000 QLED two years ago. Square Trade was an additional $85-100 ish, I forget exactly.

The LG I bought a month-ish ago was $99.99 for the square trade warranty but that triggered a $100 off. Of course the warranty prices are tiered so possibly a cheap enough TV would yield a cheaper warranty.

I am a sinner without a Costco Visa so I only have a 5 year warranty instead of the 7 year.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

What sort of mods do you like a prostitute to be running?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

The real problem is that I had to throw out an entire batch of freshly shredded mozzarella because I couldn't find the tip of my pinky.

Did you know a doctor can just glue a cut shut if it won't stop bleeding and there's nothing to stitch? Because I didn't.

I mean the only reason this is bad in a restaurant setting is you don't want to trust kitchen randos to be drug/disease free (plus weird eww) but in your own house? Eating your own pinky?

Sounds to me like you just don't love cheese enough.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

On the one hand this man should be writing ad copy for Costco. On the :tinfoil: hand perhaps he already is.

When can I buy a 24 pack of his tweets printed out?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Got those limoncello almonds, highly recommend.

I saw them today but was in a rush and figured I'd ask here. Your post is a message from Lord Kirkland. I know what I'll do next time.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Be careful shopping Costco online because of you can find the same item in stock locally and if that item is a large/heavy one then you will probably save a good chunk of change hauling it home yourself.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

If your rear end in a top hat is too good for that toilet paper then I don't think we can hang out.

If you value your rear end in a top hat so lowly then I don't think WE can hang out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Great for batteries though I buy those constantly!

I only glanced at them the other day but it looked like they had a weird 3.5 year warranty option instead of the 5 year at AutoZone. Plus while I do my own car stuff generally having a free battery change after testing to confirm a dead battery is such an easy thing that Costco not offering that just turns me off.

Tire center...used them once. I don't know that I'd go back because they are just annoying to get rotations done vs everywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

It's back! (Spotted at my local costco in Charlottesville, VA)

Will this keep for months on the pantry shelf at home until I get enough cool peeps over to cut into it and eat it all at once?