Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

bamhand posted:

The Iberico Bellotta Chorizo and Salami is real good.

Yes it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I've been really happy with my Costco couches. And dining set.

I also just switched my car and home insurance through Costco's program. Saved $680/yr, that was going from $1800/yr to $1100 for identical coverage. :eyepop:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TraderStav posted:

The line I always drop when someone is heading over to Costco is to ask them to pick me up a four-pack of Pianos. Our a three-pack of lawnmowers.

It always gives a good chuckle. Then one day I was there and they actually had a Piano out on display and for sale.

Yeah they had a Yamaha piano and keyboard roadshow the other week at mine. Really nice instruments.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Costco food court got rid of the Polish dog and I've been mad about it ever since.

I have had the great joy of going to Costco in both Hawaii and in Spain.
Hawaiian Costco has a really great cheeseburger at their food court, and the cheapest gas on the island. It's also a great place to buy chocolates/gift boxes whatever.

Costco in Spain was interesting. We went to the one near Madrid.
They had two armed security guards. One at the jewelry counter, and one at the registers. I snuck a creep shot over my shoulder. Costco in Spain doesn't play. :blastu:

They also had an excellent selection of cheese, olives, booze, and jamon. Food court had barbecue chicken pizza, which was p-good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone have experience with the Costco car buying service? Thinking I might actually buy new for once.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/b2cpc7/costco_auto_program/

My parents used it years ago. They had a good experience.
The gist is that you'll always get a decent to good price, but if you're Mr Deals you can probably do better dealing directly with the dealership.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

they just opened a costco in china, and if you've ever been around mainland bargain shoppers it went about how you'd expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UfO4gpML4g

Getting serious Black Friday energy from that video.

I don't even like going to Costco on Saturdays when it's busy

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

It's very frowned upon and a fire-able offense for employees to look up membership information just to snoop around.
I know an employee who looked up Britney Spears' ex husband's membership and saw that he scammed a return for a Roomba. He bought a new one, and then came back 20 minutes later and returned it. The return box had a dusty old used (and broken) Roomba in it.

Same employee told me that she saw people return weird stuff, like half a bag of rotten onions because they didn't use them up fast enough.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

GORDON posted:

The 3 packs of cut, Prime NY strip steaks were $17/pound that day, and the 14 lb whole prime loin I purchased was $11/pound. I cut it up myself and vacuum sealed 15 steaks.

By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

I should do that and sous vide all those bad boys.

By the way, the corned beef brisket in a bag is really great. Boil that and add some cabbage, red potatoes, and carrots in the last half hour :yum:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Costco propaganda in popular media:

We have the Workaholics tv show episode ("that thick Kirkland denim"). The episode's conflict centers around the gang wanting to be allowed to use the company's Costco membership to buy snacks for the office.

We have a recurring gag in Baskets, where one of the characters works at Costco (Martha), and Christine Baskets loves Costco and buys everything there.

Here's a good article about why they chose Costco for the show. There's a part of me that wants a Kirkland Signature logo on a shirt.
https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/why-fx-s-bizarre-new-clown-comedy-baskets-obsessed-costco-and-arby-s-169252/

King of California
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388182/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_32
In this film, Michael Douglas' character, recently released from a mental institution, is convinced there is Spanish gold buried underneath his town's Costco and hatches a heist plan to get to it. It's a fun movie.

Any other Costco stuff I missed?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hoshi posted:

Fortunately no haul away needed, for sectionals how much assembly is there actually? I'm going to try to look at a box in the store later to figure it out

For me it was pull out of box, twist on the screw-on feet for the couches, done. No tools or anything weird.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

costco pumpkin pie is great because it's like $8 for 6 lbs of pie. you make the kids eat that while the grownups eat the homemade forbidden pies (like pecan). the first time i really felt like a grownup was not when i turned 18, graduated, got married, started a career job, had kids, or bought a house. it's when i realized i liked pecan pie.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

Self quoting. I switched from Geico and saved lots of bucks.

canyoneer posted:

I also just switched my car and home insurance through Costco's program. Saved $680/yr, that was going from $1800/yr to $1100 for identical coverage. :eyepop:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hoshi posted:

FFFF there's a sectional that's like $750 ($1100 on the website) in my warehouse, I'm hoping against hope that there will still be some left Saturday when I have a truck available. This one is going to be a photo finish if it works out at all.

Rent a truck from Home Depot or Lowe's. It's like $30 for 4 hours and it's a big flatbed that's easy to load and unload

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Some dicks cut me off leaving the parking lot and their trunk was open. They had two pizzas and a bunch of pastries. I did the kind thing and honked at them until they realized how dumb they were.

Shouldn't have done anything and taken the pizza when it fell out

they may be jerks but they're still your 'co brother

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

serious beersness

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My Honda Fit takes a little bitty baby battery in a weird size and Costco doesn't carry it and cannot order it :mad:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

lol wait until you need to get tires too.

There's nothing normal about that car. I've had to special order every tire change.

I put on bigger tires about 100k miles ago, no regrets.

Costco were big old jerks about changing tires on my Scion tC a couple years ago. Factory stock is 215/45ZR17, and they wouldn't sell me anything less than Z rated tires. That car's not coming anywhere near 145 mph unless I strapped an ACME rocket on top of it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bummey posted:

Fun. Looking forward to it. At least the dealership is like three blocks away.

It's a great car though, and has been my lowest total cost of ownership vehicle by a big margin.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

08 Fit Sport dustbuster gang checking in

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I wish there was more leg room in a Fit, because that looks really good for a shockingly inexpensive car.

It's surprisingly roomy. My wife is 6' with long legs and she fits (:haw:) in it very well

I'm really bugged that the 2020 Electric Fit is going to be Japan and Europe only. A plug-in electric Fit is pretty much my perfect car.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

priznat posted:

Do all the fit, yaris and Mazda 2 drivers get together and bully Nissan Versa owners.

No. Nissan owners have suffered enough

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

binge crotching posted:

So apparently my local one is presenting something called a Lovesac. I thought that was just a condom?

They're big beanbag-esqe chairs. They're good for chillin' in.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Thanks, seemed like they were pretty good quality. Definitely a lot nicer than the crap I used to buy as a kid.

Yeah they're really good. The licensed ones tend to go pretty quickly so pick them up fast.
My 6 year old has a ninja costume he's worn maybe 30 days in the last year and it still looks pretty good.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Probably not. It'll have to be FDA approved and thc dosage is apparently hard to figure out in edibles or sumthin.

Currently live in California and ive seen no thc/cbf products:shrug:

Now if you were talking like, nugs from the pharmacy:v: idk

those barrels of cheese balls, but full of weed.

an occasional roadshow with mix and match 3 pack tubs offering more varieties than they usually do

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Heard that some Cos had battery powered undercounter lights and Halloween Cookie houses but my local one did not.

Time to hit the other 2 in the area to find them.
But Sherpas, you say????

Man I bought both those lights and the Halloween cookie house already. They are indeed cool and good

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

It was a good salad and I was surprised that it was vegan, but it was a dick move to get rid of the Polish.

There is nothing worth adding if it means losing the Polish

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

EVG posted:

What do you put Bitchin' sauce on? (Yes, I know, 'everything') But really, is it a dip, a sandwich spread, or what?

Both. It's good with the mini naan, it's good on sandwiches, it's good with pita chips, it's good with tortilla chips, it's good with veggie platters.

Good with everything except maybe ice cream

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

Couldn't you just freeze the bitchin' sauce and eat it like ice cream?

you are dabbling in forbidden arts

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

like starting a chainsaw

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Bitch sauce has been in every Arizona Costco I've seen

Bitch lasagna

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Guess they distribute out there then. Good luck finding it! I put that poo poo on everything!

*slaps handful on wife's rear end*

ooooooooooooooh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

do not put bitchin' sauce on your wife. it's disrespectful.

put lovin' and supportin' sauce on your wife.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Costco sells products made with prison labor too, so that's sort of a bummer.
The investors voted in a bunch of changes to their prison labor policy though, which is a good start.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

So, this is what it feels like to watch a snuff film

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How many rotisserie chickens tho

https://twitter.com/Wolf0Walmart/status/1181246851317714945

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

toilet paper should just be for blotting dry because everyone deserves a bidet. pressure wash your brown eye and then mop up the dampness, bing bang done.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Heffer posted:

I wish the self service just shot a hot dog and soda cup in to my hand with a pneumatic tube or something.

That brings back a memory. The Costco (then Price Club) that I used to go to as a kid had pneumatic tubes at every register they used for checks and making change at the drawers.

They took them out years ago though.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

what are the best desserts at costco? those three pie combo things are always tempting instead of one giant one.

The palmier cookies are fantastic, when they have them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Haha wow thats poop. Also I did just end up going with USAA just now. My current policy was really high I guess because of how old the house was but the new house we are buying it was actually cheaper than the Costco option (but to be fair we are bundled with Auto too).

I switched home and auto to Ameriprise through costco and saved $680/yr for identical coverage :homebrew:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

there's a coupon on the stroopwaffles right now

'coop on the 'stroops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I have bought many tires from costco for 3 or 4 vehicles and had good experiences.

Except the Scion TC. Self quoting

canyoneer posted:

Costco were big old jerks about changing tires on my Scion tC a couple years ago. Factory stock is 215/45ZR17, and they wouldn't sell me anything less than Z rated tires. That car's not coming anywhere near 145 mph unless I strapped an ACME rocket on top of it.

So that was kinda bogus. :mad: