Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Anyone been to the Costco in Sevilla? I'm thinking of getting my jamon from the source.

Been to the Madrid one. They have giant whole legs of jamón :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Oh hell yes, that is exactly what I want. Thank you! I hope I can make it happen. What was the food court like there?

They had a really good bbq chicken pizza.
Don't miss the fried egg chips (bag smells like farts when you open it but they're amazing)

They also have armed guards at the jewelry counter and the cash register, which is kinda weird.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

number 1 snake fan posted:

My mailer just came and they have fancy electric toothbrushes 2/$60something which is a hell of a deal so I'm upgrading and giving the other one to my partner bc he's an overbrusher

the only electric toothbrushes to buy are sonicare (and they rule)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

DiggityDoink posted:

I haven't used that particular bidet, but just lol if you dont have a bidet. Dry wiping your rear end is for plebs.

It's true. We live the good life here in the Costco thread.

small brain: dry toilet paper
big brain: wet wipes
huge brain: wafflestomp in the shower
galaxy brain: bidet

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I bought a $25 bidet on Amazon and it's been fine. My house water has really high pressure so I have to use a soft touch on the dial else I get paint-stripping pressure wash on the balloon knot.

Also I don't mind the cold water because I live in the desert and also I'm a tough guy. Tough guy with a clean brown eye

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Coxswain Balls posted:

I should also add that's in Canadian dollars.

I bless the bidets down in Caaaaanada

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My kids collected about 2 gallons of candy each at my office (going cube to cube is even faster than door to door) and then doubled their take on Halloween. At 2 pieces of candy a day that will take months to work through.

There's a street in my neighborhood that blocks off traffic entirely and all the homeowners there go nuts decorating, blaring music, and having potlocks. It's awesome.

Xaris posted:

was about the same as last year. kids go fuckign crazy for zots and warheads, it was really cute. really want to do more off the beaten path candy next year. everyone is probably already loaded with snickers and m&ms and skittles

90% of the candy my kids got is from the costco candy bags.
I should order something weird to make it interesting for the kids that trick or treat at my house

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Find a nice used Steelcase task chair off craigslist for $50 and be very happy with your good chair

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

costco thread has the highest hit rate of posts mentioning tubes of meat in the entire forums

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The Midniter posted:

Please note that the minimum time after purchasing a rotisserie chicken that you must wait to avoid burning your hands is two hours.

My experience is it's "the time you think you should be safe plus 10 minutes" ow oof ouch

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I'm not too far from that and tickets are free.
Perhaps I can go and tell him to smdftb

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Jingleheimer posted:

You probably don't have to worry about Costco being busy the day after Thanksgiving, it's the day before Thanksgiving that's going to be chaotic nightmare at Costco.

so many pumpkin pies. They sell 1,750,000 of them in the 3 days before Thanksgiving

https://www.mashed.com/167911/the-untold-truth-of-costcos-pumpkin-pie/

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Costco has 3 packs of Pokemon card collector tins for $22 on clearance.
Each has 4 boosters in them, so a total of 12 packs in each. My kids are really into Pokemon now and that's a crazy price when boosters usually go for $4-5/each.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Costco pesto is delicious

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They have a Mortal Kombat arcade machine for sale in Issaquah with a playable unit on the floor. I beat up Liu Kang with Scorpion but just uppercutted him for the finale as I didn’t remember the toasty move.

Hold block and up up.
It's the only fatality I ever remember and it blows the minds of my children when I do it at arcade games spotted in the wild:monocle:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Trip report: I bought some HEAD running gloves from Costco like a decade ago and haven't found a church that stocked them since. It looks like they finally have them again and I can confirm: they're good

I also bought one of their bidets from the online church and can also confirm: it's really fuckin good

The worst part of doing business is the paperwork and it feels great to go paperless.

One roll lasts several weeks now

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Put that feta in an omelette with spinach, tomatoes and olives :yum:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tonight I asked my 2 year old to pick what he wanted for dinner.

He said Costco pizza. He is a smart and good boy.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Cats can have little a salami for a snack

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I feel like cats shouldnt have cured meats

I give my cat a little bit of raw lamb + blood and he loving loves it though

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Since this is a product recommendation thread I must interject that Shark/Dyson vacuums are not great.

Get a used Miele canister vacuum

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Got a Miele from Nordstroms online when they were running a %50 off deal.

Hands down the best vacuum I've ever owned. The thing will outlast me and my children.

They are so good. I got a 10 year old used one for $200 on craigslist and it owns bones.

Can't wait for the door to door vacuum sales guy to come offer me a challenge because my vacuum can beat up his vacuum.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

A Real Hologram posted:

About to stop at church here in Maui - step one of any successful trip to the islands. PBUC 🤙🏽🏝🌋

The cheeseburger in the food court is pretty good.

Also buy several tubs of the Hawaiian Host macadamia nut chocolates

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chinatown posted:

The correct amount of onions is when you have a giant pile left over after finishing your dog.

waste no part of the costco kimchi

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

Nthing the Roomba recs. They're not good for a good, deep cleaning of your home. If you have a quality vacuum, it'll work better every single time. They are, however, great for zero effort surface level spot cleaning throughout the week, especially if you have pets or children.

As long as my kids keep leaving legos on the floor, automated vacuuming will never replace a regular vacuum with a skilled operator (me) in my home.
not today, robot scabs.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Furniture is really seasonal. They generally stock it in July and January around here.

Did anyone ever shop at the Costco furniture store(s)? They had one in Kirkland (!), WA, but it closed about a decade ago. It was really neat to have a year round furniture store with big selection and Costco-ish pricing, but the selection seemed really targeted towards the McMansion crowd.

The McMansion crowd is exactly Costco's demographic. Not me, I'm a sophisticated connoisseur of all beef hot dogs and almond based spreads.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

has anyone done a turducken of food court food?
hot dog inside a chicken bake rolled in a pizza?

i understand the science but i am not brave enough to try it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hackan Slash posted:

Costco sells fresh, non-frozen, turkeys and they're great.

turnkey turkey

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Mr. Sparkle of course

I'm disrespectful to defecation. Can you see that I am serious?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Surviving family tearfully walks back inside Costco to get black dress socks for the funeral

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

luchajones posted:

my costco isnt doing trees this year

War on Christmas :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

buckle the tree into your front passenger seat and then take the carpool lane home

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Irvine is a wretched hellscape for guzzoline at any hour of the day. Both Laguna Niguel locations are fine except during peak rush hour. Never had much of an issue at San Juan Capistrano either.

But seriously gently caress Irvine.

There's a South African store near one of the Laguna Niguel costcos that has great biltong

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What is a good reason to move to Ohio?

If you're moving from South Sudan I guess

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

My old go-to is the Polish with kraut and deli mustard.

rest in peace polish dog you were too beautiful for this world

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

milkingmycow posted:

Going to get my prescription glasses at C___c_ later. I might try the turkey sandwich. I feel so empty inside.

You'll feel less empty when you're filled with C__c_

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chinatown posted:

grain seed bread is disgusting :colbert:

It's good and also I am not a bird I am a real human with meat fingers not feathers I cannot fly and I go to work every day

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One of my coworkers got her AC replaced with a costco deal, and it included a $1600 costco cash back.

This was in the form of a check that could only be redeemed at Costco, for a drug dealer wad of cash. The customer service agent told her that after this month, they'll no longer be doing the cash-outs, and will instead put that on a gift card or something.

Bogus!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

FCKGW posted:

One of the bad reviews was from some guy who didn't pay his bill and said he was "too busy" to check his account online and was upset they declined his card instead of just charging a late fee

I'm a business traveler who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes setting up an online account and autopay

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

number 1 snake fan posted:

HEY GOONS
The Kirkland brand prepackaged chicken tortilla soup in the deli section is really good by itself and AWESOME with a little sharp cheese, more lime juice, and a bunch of Cholula.

gently caress yeah, eight bux for a two pack

friend why are you not pouring that over tortilla chips?
im not telling you how to live your life but a little change here will go a long way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The chicken salad they make with the rotisserie chicken pairs nicely with a huge box of croissants from the bakery. It's a great way to feed a lot of people fast, cheap, and well.