Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

El Jebus posted:

This.

I have a heavy shedder and the Roomba does a great job at keeping things in check. I don't feel like I need to sweep twice a day. I have to clean the Roomba every run, but that's done in 5-10 minutes next to the trash can with a show on.

I've been thinking of getting one to keep on top of the hair from my 2 cats and dog. Do you use the COSTCO EXCLUSIVE iRobot Roomba 985 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum? Or what inferior, non-Costco model would you recommend?

PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Xaris posted:

i did similar but i got the 8-pack of the limoncello desserts in glass containers. i dunno if it's the same maker, i think they are, but honestly, they weren't good at all. i should try the creme brulee next time.

at least now i have 8 small glass dishes! PBUC

I did the same with little tiramisus! They were pretty good.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

hope and vaseline posted:

Add me to the list, I've had both the tiramisu and the chocolate mousse ones and they're all heckin good

Caveat: they’re pretty good, but I probably wouldn’t buy again unless in the market for more tiny glasses. A bit expensive otherwise.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

We have Geico too and did a rate comparison, and Costco came out cheaper. We had a recent accident though so they won't take our policy right away. Alas.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Christmas is in the bag this year, just need a pallet of these.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

What do you put Bitchin' sauce on? (Yes, I know, 'everything') But really, is it a dip, a sandwich spread, or what?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

My local gym has a toys for tots box that is depressingly empty. Is Costco a good value for new, non-plush toys or would I be better served at a TJ Max or someplace discounted? I don’t have a ton of funds but wanted to prime the pump and hopefully get a few more people guilted into donating.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I did the thing. I bought the ham. Today, my friends, I am a man.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Chinatown posted:

slam some ham in your clam

(take some photos after u cut that bad boy open)

Doggo watching that ham SO HARD.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

AF posted:

drat. Look at that ham. How was it?

It was pretty great and everyone enjoyed both the fun of slicing AND eating it. Not write-home phenomenal- I think buying it for a party was definitely the right move.

...you might even say, it’s a lot of meat to take if you aren’t prepared. :haw:

Here’s how it was looking when I left- we’d flipped it to get to the other side.

EVG fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 15, 2019

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Xaris posted:

no 'kraut, no onions

a shameful dog. please proceed to reprocessing center, cell #150 for rehabilitation

They don't have kraut for the dogs here in Chicago. I guess I should be surprised they even have ketchup out, and they're missing like 6 of the customary chicago dog ingredients. Who cares though, a Costco dog is #blessed with just mustard, onion and relish.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Not much usable meat left, I'm gonna call it

You gnaw that bone, son.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

RocktheCaulk posted:

Gonna do a big getting back into Keto run Sunday and maybe go for a trifecta at the food court for my last meal.

When I was on keto I totally stopped in for a dog without the bun. Still worth the 1.50.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Anyone ever used the Costco travel rewards? Looking at their Hawaii vacation packages.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

TraderStav posted:

I JUST got back from Hawaii after booking through Costco Travel this week. Excellent experience all around. Family of 5 from Detroit for 8 days for $6K for airfare and lodging (ON Waikiki beach) plus I have a $215 costco card coming my way. Also included transport to/from the airport to the hotel. Make sure to pick up the Go Oahu 4-day pass from Costco as that saved us a ton of money on activities, and we did activities we wouldn't otherwise had.

Amazing trip!

Wow, that’s similar to I was looking at, Oahu and Kauai. But for 2 from Chicago. If you’d like to weigh in on which hotel you picked and activities were the best, I’d love the input. (ALSO how was the Costco there??). Because our 2 island trip was coming out to around 5-6k for the 2 of us, it sounds like you managed to book more cost effectively.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Just to add a couple things,
-The Crouching Lion trail is marked as closed, but it's really just a sign that people walk around. Gorgeous views in every direction in only a few miles if you do the loop.
-If you're around Waimea Bay, stop by the beach and jump off the rock everyone is jumping off.
-Try some garlicy shrimp from a food truck parked by a shrimp farm.

If you're looking at Oahu the North Shore is much more of a traditional vacation spot, and you can take day trips to the city for Pearl Harbor, Waikiki, etc.

I booked a trip for 5 nights at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort. PBUC - it comes with a CostCo gift card! Can't wait to get my Waikiki CostCo Dog.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Got annoyed after showing up with a mailer if sales that start next week. Still found $150 of things to buy, including Bitchin’ Sauce. My body is ready.

PBUC

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The bitchin has returned!

Deviled eggs with Bitchin Sauce? Y/N?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Zombie Dachshund posted:

How are the brioche rolls? I was thinking about getting some burgers tomorrow; usually I get regular hamburger rolls or those square Italian-style rolls, but those have me intrigued.

Really good, especially toasted.

Bitchin’ deviled eggs were good!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Hot dogs are still available at least. 😰

https://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/2175253/costco-food-court-changes-coronavirus/

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Any luck finding hand soap at Costco? I’m actually close to running out but no one has any, and my Friday trip to the ‘co in Chicago was somewhat traumatic (and I didn’t think to look for soap then).

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Quarantine cleaning means that I've finally cleared out a closet to become a pantry and have space for a chest freezer - things we had planned for before The Troubles began. Of course, now you can't get a chest freezer anywhere for love or money. I found one on CraigsList that is 3.5 cu ft and at first I was worried that would be too small, until I read this review:

quote:

This 3.5 chest freezer holds 14 corned beef briskets, a whole ham (cut into dinner portions of course) two steaks, 6 lbs. of ground beef, 2 pork loin roasts, an included basket which holds a lot, and a 4 quart lidded bin of smaller items.

Does the 'Co carry 14-packs of briskets? :D I've already named my Freezer-to-Be as the Costco Box.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

to really make you eat your heart out - Costco was clearing out their old model of chest freezer over the winter for $99 (normally $160, on sale for $130). The new model is all-weather capable though so you don't have to worry about running it below freezing.

My freezer is half full of film and I was thinking about getting a completely separate one just for the film, but money was tight at the time, unfortunately.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame! Super jealous.

I never thought about storing film in a freezer.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

New limits a'comin'.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/costco-to-limit-number-of-people-in-stores

quote:

Starting this Friday, Costco says only two people will be allowed in their warehouses with each membership card.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I just got my chest freezer and want to stock up on: good Costco meat. When’s the best time to find things stocked? Sunday sounds scary. Maybe Monday morning?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Went to the Chicago ‘Co, there was a line down building and around, looked like a 3-hour wait at about 11am.

Drove 20 min to the ‘Co in the nearby burbs, walked right in. Got almost everything we wanted- no pork chops or butts, but they had ground beef, chicken breasts and thighs. No flour- sad, I’d have bought one of the 15 lb bags if found.

PBUC

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Squashy Nipples posted:

Anyone know what the Kirkland vanilla extract goes for these days?

Too much. Like double the price it used to be- $25 I think? $28? Vanilla is pricy these days.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I meant to head to Church over lunch today but got delayed. Better to go in early afternoon (around 4:30) or tomorrow at noon?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Is the beef bulgogi dumpling on sale this week as good as it looks?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

I keep looking at that pre-seasoned Costco arrachera. Worth a try? Normally I just buy naked meat.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Mandalay posted:

Pics of this Detroit pizza box?

Probably Outsiders, that's the only Detroit Style pizza I've found frozen, and the internet says they carry it at Church. They're good - just don't look at the nutritional info.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

Went to the CostCo in the Chicago Burbs midday on Thursday hoping to avoid 4th of July Rush. The one in the city is a constant poo poo show so I didn't even try. They were busy, but less so than, say, pre-COVID weekend in the city busy.

I got my multi-packs of chicken breast, chicken thighs, and ground beef and a big ol' bag of mandu. Fillin' up my Corona freezer.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

poisonpill posted:

Everyone with a chest freezer... how are they? Worth it? what are you storing in there?

Costco meats - the ground beef, chicken thigh, and chicken breast multi-packs. I got a big ol' pork butte and cut it into 2lb installments and froze those after repacking with a foodsaver. CostCo butter 4-packs. And some tupperwares of prepared food like extra pasta sauce for quick meals.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Any reviews on Costco Mattresses?

I have a Novaform I think, and it's good poo poo. Worth it.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

No way are these Taiwan's number one selling noodle.

I regret buying them. I'll finish the bastards, but I don't know what i was expecting when it clearly says "aged soy sauce flavor" right on the box.

Clearly Im a young soy sauce man. Give me yesterdays' soya tomorra, is my new motto.

Yeah I got these too. They are just.... boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Don't do plastic wrap unless you're going to eat it several times per day. It will cause it to become moldy. The jamon needs to breathe.

You should leave it uncovered, or maybe a loose kitchen towel. Some parts of the ham will dry out.

It's really a lot of ham, and if you don't have someone helping you eat it it's a very large undertaking. You may be uncomfortable with the amount of waste if it's taking you a long time to consume it.

We Ham'd for a Christmas party last year. It was great and managed to consume a MIGHTY chunk out of both sides.