Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
All the new buildings are pretty cookie-cutter with indoor food courts. Its the older, repurposed warehouses that have a bit of character.
401 San Diego is a converted plane hanger. Outdoor food court also.
006 Southcenter has train tracks in the floor (Also the biggest warehouse so includes a business delivery)
etc

Also, I will eat a sample if it is something I actually want to sample, or cheese because I loving love cheese. Plus, I always say thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Kirkland adult asswipes are the essence of life itself.

I thought that too until I sprung for the Swash Bidet. LIFE CHANGING

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Math You posted:

Congrats to St. John's, Newfoundland on your new warehouse. The largest in Canada! They built an extra 30,000 sqft and are using the space to stock more wholesale items. It's a sort of Costco + business center hybrid.

Also Craig Jelinek knows me by name now without reading my name tag. I think maybe I travel too much

If you are in IT, then I probably know you also.
St. Johns is probably the equivalent of the Tukwila 06 store. It originally had the Food Factory, but that was converted into a quasi BC/Furniture area. It's cool that they are designing new buildings with that idea going forward.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I work for Costco and go to the warehouse 2-3 times a week so don't usually get excited about something. But I just found that they are selling 2 packs of the Don Pancho Cilantro Lime Crema bottles in the deli. The same crema they use for the street tacos. Oh hell yes.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Taima posted:

Wait what? Where do they sell it? Is this at certain stores or what? They'll have to make it cheap to match the price of delicious crema at a mexican market, but for the convenience it could be worth it at a higher price.

I didn't get a pic but its $7.79 for 2 16oz bottles. Only a 2 month shelf life though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sometimes oddball website and/or old returns will show up and get placed the appropriate aisle. Those usually get the single price label stuck to them. I noticed at the Issaquah store those usually get a .00 price label. No set location though.
Look for .00, .97 or the asterisks.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

they just opened a costco in china, and if you've ever been around mainland bargain shoppers it went about how you'd expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UfO4gpML4g

I talked to the person in International support who handles China, it was just as much of a shitshow as the videos show.
Costco stock went up $14 though so yay go my 401k!

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I can 100% confirm that nobody on the internal Service desk night shift EVER looked up any member info...ever.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Highlights from Issaquah, WA warehouse:
-line around side of building before opening
-huge line for toilet paper but they appeared to have a lot. Limited to 2 a member
-I made a beeline for pharmacy and snagged two bottles of hand sanitizer, they were totally out by 9:50am

9:55 Sanitizer gone. 136 bottles gone before official opening

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah if I hadn’t gone there first they would have all been gone. Glad to see they were limiting stuff like that and TP to two per customer.

Except I didn't get one :(
Wanna sell me your second bottle?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I can confirm that the majority of corp employees are wfh now. Not sure about travel. Gonna be interesting when this slows down though as wfh was a big no-no before.
Went to 2 warehouses yesterday, Issaquah and Tukwila. Was really impressed how both were dealing with store member counts, inventory signs, and social distancing. Issaquah had an employee out front standing on pallets with a bullhorn extolling the benefits of social distancing. It felt like the Costco version of the washy-washy guy on a cruise.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Hot off the press: Corp just said that all hourly is getting a $2/hr bonus for the next 5 weeks

Edit: an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sorry here's the full email:

In recognition of your hard work during this unprecedented time, all full-time, part-time and limited part-time hourly Costco employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico will receive an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020. This additional compensation will be paid in a lump sum in your April 17 paycheck.

Thank you for all you are doing for each other and for Costco.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I like how the bidet hits *just right* sometimes and I feel like I am getting the full service wash, wax and check the oil down there.
Also, have had mine for a year now and still say "Fire!" when I press the button.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I'm sure some goons still have the bucket from their 27lb Macaroni and Cheese purchase.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

I really need to go and grab some more dog food just in case, but honestly I'm loving terrified of what its going to be like getting in an out.

Go after lunch. Everyone is standing in line at opening, but the crowds die off in the afternoon.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Its actually getting so slow in the afternoon that NW Costcos are sending workers home early.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Wearing the mask shows you are taking this poo poo seriously even though it may be limited help. Its my "get the gently caress away from me" sign.
Been wearing my RZ woodworking mask. Only charcoal and not N95, but its much more comfortable and I can wash the cover each time I go out. (which has been twice in 3 weeks)

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Zombie Dachshund posted:

(I looked longingly at the Toto bidet seat, but we don't have an electric outlet near the toilet, so that's not happening until a bathroom remodel, i.e. never.)

A 3ft extension cord was all I needed to get to the gfi outlet. Now my bhole is nice and clean.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
FYI, they are moving most Travel folks over to the membership and Ecom call centers. Granted everyone is still wfh but there should be a few more reps online. So 3.5 hour wait down to 3 hours!

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Hed posted:

I assume it’s a lovely web skin over the AS/400 mainframe they installed in the ‘80s. The thing fucks up in load balancing, displaying prices, and logging me out always

I'm so close to replying...
Anyways, I can say that even in this environment, there are multiple openings in Costco Ecom support and QA. Both management and analyst.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

schreibs posted:

How about website redesign/backend?

Not sure of the exact positions but the management open positions have essentially doubled. Pretty sure they are expanding top down.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
This is from my trip to a UK food court 3 years ago. The double breasted sandwich was awesome.

There are currently Costcos in the UK, Spain, France, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, China, Mexico, and Iceland.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Found these in the Covington, WA Costco tonight:

Last bottle of the Moxe, but there were 4 pallets of the Heritage (80% alcohol) $9.99 each

Also there were 2 packs of red meat/chicken in the coolers...All coolers. Only the salmon was well stocked.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I bought a 58" Vizio 4k UHD ($299) and the Yamaha sound bar($99) for $420 otd from Costco last month. The tv wont hold wifi settings, so I have been using a PS4. Works great that way.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

98% sure that is Sams Club. Looks like their steel.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Costco does the red steel and those same lables.

I guess it could be but it looks a drat lot like a costco and I've never been to sams.

Costco verticals are blue or green. Sams is grey. They copied Costco on everything else anyways.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I don't believe I've ever seen a sous vide device at Costco, which is fairly surprising. I've been super happy with my Anova Nano, and despite the name it's handled everything up to a 16lb turkey with ease.

They had one last year but it sold out in my warehouse in maybe 3 days. It might've been a roadshow. $99 if I remember right.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Costco's 'mask required' policy has made me even more of a die-hard Costco member than ever before. I'm sure they know this.

I can confirm that the video of the guy back east giving the manager poo poo and then losing his cart is making the rounds at Corporate. So far approval has been 100% behind the manager, to the point of us saying that should be a training video on how to handle mask issues.
No response from upper management but the rank and file approve and support masks.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
As someone who worked on the support side of Ecommerce at Costco...no comment
I will say they are moving in the right direction.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

schreibs posted:

I can understand the desire to not commit career suicide but I doubt anyone is going to track you down on somethingawful.com. :justpost: and go hog wild!

There are a few coworkers here. I know them and they know me.
I will say that the priorities are better understood now. When I was doing Ecom 3 years ago growth happened faster than management could keep up. Costco has never been known as the fore front of tech.
What will help massively is the Innovel acquisition. That will bring most if not all delivery and install in house. Also, once they bring the Oklahoma office online, that will be dedicated purely for Ecom support.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Thats an industry wide process. Much easier to have the manufacturer ship to home than have middle men warehouse it. Costco likes to clear the floor in the main Distribution Centers each night and large stuff makes that difficult. The Innovel DCs will be more dropship bigger stuff.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm really liking this Spyder 1/4 zip "jacket" (it's a sweatshirt). I think it was $30-40.

Mine is like an olive drab with a black technical fabric along the bottom of the arms/sides. I really like earthy colors.

edit: holy poo poo I just checked out Spyder's website and their sweaters START at $229. Their jackets are around $400-500.

I prefer the full zip jacket for $49. Wait till next spring when they go .97 and end up around $20. I have 4 total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Gatts posted:

My rankings of Costco Dinners that I have had...

1. Rotisserie Chicken
2. Stuffed Peppers
3. Enchiladas (though I prefer Sam's Club Enchiladas more)
4. Sausage and Pasta
5. Ravioli Lasagna
6. Mac and Cheese
7. Meatloaf
8. Pasta Tubes of Cheese with Spinach
9. Tacos

Note, they are all great to good or at work ok. I haven't had something that was bad.

I have not had the bulgogi but I hear it is not good. I also do not like fettuccine alfredo so I never bought it. I have not had the Pot Pie. I consider the Chicken Croissant and Caeser Salad a lunch item so it does not classify here.

The Salmon with pesto butter is second on my list. Also, there is a new Shrimp Scampi coming soon.