Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

Meijer is fantastic

The Meijer near me has about 20 checkout lines, and 15 of them are now self-serve, and then they only have one cashier line open. I don't like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

are you single? if so, probably not. Gas is cheaper but probably a wash with a 30 minute drive at best.

It's worth the 30 minute drive if you have a 32 gallon gas tank.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

Get money, gently caress bitches.

I don't want to even know about the kind of women with whom you gently caress by NOT meeting them at Costco.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

I get those nice rear end prime nystrips, $80 for 4. It's a nice once a month treat.

This guy gets it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They still have $1.50 hot dogs that make you burp for days?

No just the regular ones, but they still cost $1.50.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

If the christians use a cross, and the satanists use an upside down cross, what the hell does a sideways cross mean?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SnoozeOrder posted:

It's just a regular cross except sideways, it doesn't mean anything else.

That's exactly what someone with something to hide would say.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
About 6 months ago I got some awesome white cheese queso dip there.... and I haven't seen it since. So that kind of sucks.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like bjs.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Took forever for Jacksonville, NC to get an Olive Garden because the owner of the local lovely italian restaurant was on city counsel.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Exact responses I expected. Never change, goons.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sry for.the Olive Garden derail in the Costco thread. I will self-probate myself for six hours.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

The red snapper I bought from Costco was gutted, but not scaled. Who would want the scales??

At those prices, who wouldn't!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The one dude already cracked that code... a dog with a side of pizza.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gatts posted:

Wait. What if you take that dog, add the Montreal meat and fries, then put the gravy and cheese on top of a slice of pepperoni pizza and eat it like a sandwich? Dawg Canada is wild.

Game changer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

It's the coolest club you can be in, a club for savings

By Grapthar's Hammer!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Got Kirkland gasoline tonight. $2.15 per gallon.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Trip report, 8.28.2017

1. Had the brat w/beverage. Used deli mustard and onions.

2. Bought a 32" Visio TV to replace the one on my desk that died.

3. Didn't get these today, but these $20 Costco hiking shoes are probably the best shoes in which I've ever hiked. I bought them exclusively for a hiking vacation out in Arizona and Utah, put about 35 miles on them in a week, they have great grip while rock scrambling, and I never felt a minute of foot pain. I was genuinely surprised at that. Some reviewers say that don't last long, but gently caress it... they're $20. Practically disposable.

4. They had these as samples and I liked them so I bought a bag.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

Chips isle.

Is that... an actual place? Can I vacation there?

Also I bought as PowerStation jump starter/air compressor at Costco for $70 a few months ago. Now that I've gotten some use out of it (as a road-trip laptop power supply/phone charger/radio at the drive-in), I can give it a double thumbs-up. And if I need a jump start or tire inflated, there it will be.

Can't find a pic. The only one of the model I bought is an ebay pic.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Hambulance posted:

My local butcher is actually cheaper than Costco on most meats. I get delicious ribeye cap for $6.99 a pound while the 'co wants $18.99. I've gotten similar deals on brisket, while pork shoulder is always cheaper at Costco.

The difference might be between Prime and Choice. Prime meat is MUCH more expensive... but in my opinion you can very much taste the difference.

That being said, I just get the cheaper NY Strip Loins at $6 per pound, because that's usually good enough for my simple taste.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

I should buy a pumpkin pie tonight at Costco.

How are those cheesecakes I keep eyeballing in the cooler at the bakery?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Magius1337est posted:

anyone shop at costco use an extra freezer to store all that stuff?

Yup. Got a new fridge, and the old fridge went into the garage to handle Costco overflow.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

flashy_mcflash posted:

I make large batches of stuff (chili, meatballs, burgers, etc) and freeze it, and have vacuum-sealed meat for my sous vide thing.

I could never buy meat at Costco, in the quantities they still, without a freezer.

yeah, dancing krusty pigboy doesn't know what he's talking about. Some of us actually have families and it makes sense to buy meats in bulk.

Now, the fact I've had to build a shelving system to hold my various sherpa throws... go ahead and lol that.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If they sold.chicken bakes in frozen 12-packs, I would purchase them.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh snap.

edit - Don't deliver to my zip code. *sad trombone*

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

they sell them in-store. at least at mine.

Not mine, I asked.

*sad trombone + rimshot*

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've bought 4 Sherpa throws so far, one small and one king sized for the house, and two small ones as Christmas gifts.

But I think I need one more queen sized one, for me. I have several different places I like to sit and I don't like having to carry a throw from room to room, like an animal.

So, yeah.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? I’ve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito that’s almost entirely tortilla?

Yeah, the King I bought really is just way too big, and I'm a 6'0 tall guy. So it's getting moved to the entertainment room where it's big enough to cuddle with a lady underneath it, and I'll get a Queen for the family room where the King currently resides.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

I ordered some dog treats off Costco.com yesterday w/ free shipping

Pros:
No Crowds

Cons:
No dog / refill

:thunk:

At first I was like, why did he buy dog treats if he didn't have a dog?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have never waited for more than a few minutes at a gas line at Costco. The giant mass of cars is intimidating, but it actually moves really fast.

Just don't get behind the F150 because 35 gallons takes a while.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FCKGW posted:

On my way out I accidentally gave the receipt checker my receipt for pepperoni pizza and soda and she marked it off anyways.

At my church they always look closely at the receipt, and your cart. The other day they lady says, "Uh oh..." as she is checking things, and begins counting again.

I just stand there, cool as a cucumber, aspect at rest, almost beatific look upon my face.

She recounts, says, "Oh, ok, it matches," and allows me to exit.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Also a few months ago I wanted to just go to the customer service counter, on the left. The lady at the door stopped me, told me I had to go in the entrance door an extra 7 feet to the right. I told her I had no other business except customer service.... but she insisted I walk in the entrance, around the pillar separating the doors, and then go to customer service. I'm in my 40s and felt ridiculous doing this... and I asked her if she knew this was ridiculous... but it was very important to her that I walk an extra 7 feet and go around the pillar.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Not even through the registers... just around the pillar separating the entrance from exit, instead of straight into the exit. It was... I'm sorry, but it was stupid. The rare Costco misstep.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
$15+ per pound is pricey, but you can taste the extra cost when you bite into the Prime NY Strip.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

Compared to what you would pay in a decent steakhouse, $15/lb is cheap as hell

This is also true. I'm usually happy with the $6/lb whole strip loin from the butcher, but t drat. That Costco prime meat is tops.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

binge crotching posted:

I have a friend who works in the Costco international department, and he said that 5 out of 6 adults in Iceland have a membership.

WE DON'T SPEAK ILL OF COSTCO.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

I hate the jug for costco milk so I just pay more at the grocery store. The flat top jug leaks all over.

The last four or six gallons I've purchased, the cap is torqued down HARD. I've had to use a pipe wrench to open it. The last one... two men, a pipe wrench, and the entire container was twisting before the cap finally broke free.

Just god drat.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
SAM WALTON I REBUKE THEE

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodplay it again posted:

I'm at the church today to stock up on groceries before 10" of snow hits this weekend and tithe for one slice of pizza, a hot dog, and two drinks is only $4.32. PBUC

Kirkland died for our sins.

I too went to church today, just because I had some time to kill and was going to top off the tank. Nope, gas lines out to the road... first time I've seen that at mine. Then I remembered Snowmageddon was coming, tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Korthal posted:

Serious question: do the door people actually count each individual item? Even if you have like 200 of them in 4 shopping carts?

I had one zealously try, once... and she even said, "Uh oh, my count doesn't match," and counted again.

You just stand there being patient with them. Be. Patient.